Windows 10: 2021 Windows 10 update removed files and application settings. How do I get them back?

Discus and support 2021 Windows 10 update removed files and application settings. How do I get them back? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When the update completed on my laptop, it removed entire folders of content, changed folder icons, and wiped out application settings, such as all of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tg85, Mar 24, 2021.

1. tg85 Win User

2021 Windows 10 update removed files and application settings. How do I get them back?

When the update completed on my laptop, it removed entire folders of content, changed folder icons, and wiped out application settings, such as all of my web bookmarks. We tried restore to go back to the previous version of Windows, but the files are still missing. It's a pain, but I can pull files from the backup. Is there another way to recover the application settings?

:)

2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, Mar 24, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

2021 Windows 10 update removed files and application settings. How do I get them back?

Is it time for Windows 10 already?

Again, for those that want the update reservation and you meet the requirements ---> Upgrade to Windows 10 for Free

And, some info from the FAQ page:

Also, some interesting info from the Specifications page:

95Viper, Mar 24, 2021
Thema:

1. 2021 Windows 10 update removed files and application settings. How do I get them back? - Similar Threads - 2021 update removed

2. Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?: I performed a windows update tonight and it erased all of my files. I have tried restarting several times, but it has not restored my account. I have found my user account and the temp account that it currently signs me in to. I have tried to setup a new user account, but...
  3. Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?: I performed a windows update tonight and it erased all of my files. I have tried restarting several times, but it has not restored my account. I have found my user account and the temp account that it currently signs me in to. I have tried to setup a new user account, but...
  4. i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?

i removed MsMpEng. how do i get it back?: i deleted MsMpEng from D:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform\4.18.23050.5-0then when i go to Virus and threat protection it Said "threat service has stopped. restart it now."and all my games and app stopped working....
  5. The green checkmarks that on my files disappeared how do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The green checkmarks that on my files disappeared how do i get them back?: Hi, I was wondering how to get back the green checkmarks that are on documents and folders in files.I have shown an example of what I'm talking about in case you guys were confused...
  6. The green checkmarks that on my files disappeared how do i get them back?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The green checkmarks that on my files disappeared how do i get them back?: Hi, I was wondering how to get back the green checkmarks that are on documents and folders in files.I have shown an example of what I'm talking about in case you guys were confused...
  7. The green checkmarks that on my files disappeared how do i get them back?

8. Accidentally removed All Application Packages for Internet settings - how to get them back.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Accidentally removed All Application Packages for Internet settings - how to get them back.: My son was trying to stop pop ups - and well went to youtube and accidentally ended up in software - internet settings - and removed the all applications packages - how can we get that back?...
  9. How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I get folders back under Recent Folders after removing them...: ...from Quick Access? I circled the location I want them back: [img] I removed certain folders from this location by right clicking and selecting "Remove from Quick Access". I now want them back there for ease. Please let me know how to do this. Much appreciated. 142555
  10. update has wiped out all my files, how do i get them back

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    update has wiped out all my files, how do i get them back: windows 10 updates have removed all my files. how do I get them back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-has-wiped-out-all-my-files-how-do-i-get/5cfd8c8b-8d5f-44f2-a145-190db933c204"