Windows 10: 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

Discus and support 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; The "move" function from SD to storage on phone to hard drive insists on copying not MOVING the videos and pictures from the SD card to free the card... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by danny boy3, Jun 18, 2024.

1. 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

The "move" function from SD to storage on phone to hard drive insists on copying not MOVING the videos and pictures from the SD card to free the card space. WHY MS WHY???? This problem since at least 2017 for others.......talk about a productivity killer.

:)

danny boy3, Jun 18, 2024
  2. temp02 Win User

Java.nio.file - Copying files

You can't copy a folder, thats why it generates an exception (you are trying to copy a folder using a copy file function).
    You probably need to list all the files inside that folder and copy one by one

temp02, Jun 18, 2024
  3. Wozzer Win User
    Java.nio.file - Copying files

Issue was the above, so thanks temp02.

Wozzer, Jun 18, 2024
  4. Darshan J Win User

2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

copy/paste function is not working

Hi Sabrina,

Provide us with the information below to help you better.

• Which build is currently running on your computer?
    • Did you make any recent software/hardware changes to your computer?
    • Is the copy/paste functioning not working fro particular application or on whole computer?
    • How are you using copy/paste option via right click or keyboard shortcuts or via edit menu within the application?
    • Is the issue specific to a file format or all the file formats?

Suggest you to use the copy/paste using shortcuts that is Ctrl+C, Ctrl+X, Ctrl+V to copy cut and past respectively.

Also install all the pending updates on your computer, restart your computer and check if it helps.

Get back to us with the above information to help your further.

Darshan J, Jun 18, 2024
Thema:

2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

1. 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES - Similar Threads - 2024 MOVE function

2. 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES: The "move" function from SD to storage on phone to hard drive insists on copying not MOVING the videos and pictures from the SD card to free the card space. WHY MS WHY???? This problem since at least 2017 for others.......talk about a productivity killer....
  3. 2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2024 and the MOVE TO function still does not MOVE TO it still COPIES: The "move" function from SD to storage on phone to hard drive insists on copying not MOVING the videos and pictures from the SD card to free the card space. WHY MS WHY???? This problem since at least 2017 for others.......talk about a productivity killer....
  4. Accidentally moving folders- 2024 and still a problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidentally moving folders- 2024 and still a problem: I am re-raising an issue that has been a problem since forever, the lack of a prompt whenever a folder is dragged into another folder. Our enterprise uses many shared file areas where you may see dozens of subfolders and dozens of staff who have varying expertise in using...
  5. Moving still images and folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Moving still images and folders: 1 Is it possible to move several individual images eg to a folder at the same time and if so how please? I can move them one at a time2 In 'Pictures' I have an unwanted empty folder labelled Documents. When I try to delete it, starting with a right click, I get a message...
  6. Moving still images and folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Moving still images and folders: 1 Is it possible to move several individual images eg to a folder at the same time and if so how please? I can move them one at a time2 In 'Pictures' I have an unwanted empty folder labelled Documents. When I try to delete it, starting with a right click, I get a message...
  7. Moving still images and folders

8. Display freezes, but mouse still moves

Display freezes, but mouse still moves: I'm having a Dell G3 3579 laptop, and recently, there's an issue of the screen freezing up, but the mouse still move, and everything else works just fine for a few mins, until the laptop totally freezes up.I've done the hardware tests, and didnt get any kind of error. Ran a...
  9. Computer is frozen But mouse still moves

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer is frozen But mouse still moves: My computer is frozen on the whole screen. I can move the mouse around but I can't click anything. This happened a few times now. In the past, I pressed the reboot button of the computer then everything was back. But I had a bad result after restarted the computer. The Word...
  10. Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Computer freezes but mouse still moves and computer is still on: Hello, My PC keeps freezing up where nothing will work -- Office apps might open but not close, other files/folders won't open if clicked on. Yet my mouse will still move and my PC is still "on". I have brand new parts in my PC -- new RAM, new graphics card, new...