Windows 10: 20h1 is a bad change

Discus and support 20h1 is a bad change in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; On 10/30/2020 20H1 moved from the second section of the Update facility to the First section and prepared to install. At the same time 20h2 appeared... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DickC1978, Nov 28, 2020.

1. DickC1978 Win User

20h1 is a bad change

On 10/30/2020 20H1 moved from the second section of the Update facility to the First section and prepared to install. At the same time 20h2 appeared in the second section On Hold.

This was Odd to have 20h2 appear before 20h1 was even installed.

20h1 install was prepared and finally began the Install 11/10/2020

The install completed 11/11/2020---From the final Restart to the Lock Screen--The **** started

First thing was to Accept the Security Privacy settings, which I left as they had been.

Next OOBE Created Elevated Server Object opened with a Yes and No option. The No option only went back to Retry, so selecting Yes was the only way to continue signing on to Windows.

Then after a little while some update in 20h1 started messing with key Touch pad functions. I lost the ability to click and open/close programs and to open the Right Click Sub menus.

I had to change the Primary button to the Right and Switch the buttons in order to do the Open and Close operations.

As this was not bad enough there was some update that continued to cause problems as it was doing some operations. Two weeks ago the first 20h1 Quality updates installed to 14091.630 with the 2020-11 updates.

The the next day or so I started seeing things show in the Systray. First a microphone icon labeled Assist appeared, which I did get to shut off. Then on another day the Meet Now icon showed in the Systray. Best I could do was put it in the Hidden area.

I also found that many programs were set to access the Microphone that had no business to access the Microphone. I disable all of those. I also went through the other options in that section and found the camera set for access to a lot of programs that had no business having access to the Camera.

A few days ago my free space was back to 395Gb and things seemed to be working better most of the time. Still do not have the key functions for Touch Pad for opening Sub menus on the desktop

There was nothing wrong with 19h2 and everything worked.

:)

DickC1978, Nov 28, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Nov 28, 2020
  3. Bree Win User
    URL change

No, I can't. I have just followed the steps you described and the URL did not change. Win10 Pro, 1809, Firefox.

I suggest you try deleting that bad shortcut and creating a new shortcut directly on the Desktop.

4. cadaveca Win User

20h1 is a bad change

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 20h1 is a bad change :p

cadaveca, Nov 28, 2020
Thema:

20h1 is a bad change

1. 20h1 is a bad change - Similar Threads - 20h1 bad change

2. Update failiure for 20H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update failiure for 20H1: Hi guys , I am facing issues in upgrading from 1909 to 20H14 where in the update fails with the error 0x800707e7..tried almost all thr tricks i could find online but still hitting the same brick wall p.s I did find a ton of errors in the update logs Agent *FAILED*...
  3. 20h1 Update

20h1 Update: Hello--20h1 did install via Windows Update 11/11/2020 The first sign in after the final Restart to the Lock Screen had the Privacy Security options open to Accept. Then a new window for OOBE Elevated Server Object opened with two options Yes and No. The No option did...
  4. Windows 10 20H1

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 20H1: Windows 10 20H1 has no ESD or OEM. Now if I have to re-install again with the same Windows 10 20 H1 ,its start all over again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-20h1/53f6c4f9-f3d2-4191-b589-90d07a03466c
  5. features in Win. 10 20h1

in Windows 10 Customization
    features in Win. 10 20h1: hello: I reinstalled Win. 10 to 20h1 or 2004, but I like to know where is the banner under settings? I don't see it. I've read that there is that feature in 20h1 but I don't see it. Why is it the new Edge is not offered in the Windows update? I have to install it manually....
  6. cumulative update for 20h1

cumulative update for 20h1: hi, There are no cumulative updates for Win. 10 20h1? When will it come out? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cumulative-update-for-20h1/46a1fba2-db55-4981-b67d-8481edb80bca
  7. Where is 20H1 update ?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Where is 20H1 update ?: usually those rolled around month 3 while second half of the year release rolled around month 9 with , of course the corona virus slows everything down but shouldn't they at least mention something somewhere about where they stand from this update ? 156199
  8. Windows 10 20H1 introduces major notification changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 20H1 introduces major notification changes: The first feature update release of 2020, Windows 10 20H1, will be the next major update of the Windows 10 operating system after the release of the May 2019 Update. Microsoft revealed recently that Windows 10 19H2, or Windows 10 version 1909, won't be a massive update. In...
  9. net3.5 fails on 20H1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    net3.5 fails on 20H1: Hi folks somewhere there's a stand alone version of net3.5 -- there was a link posted in the forum but I can't find it any more -- I have a few programs that need net3.5 but it won't install on 20H1 via control panel turn windows features on / off. Update : solved Mount...
  10. net3.5 fails on 20H1

net3.5 fails on 20H1: Hi folks somewhere there's a stand alone version of net3.5 -- there was a link posted in the forum but I can't find it any more -- I have a few programs that need net3.5 but it won't install on 20H1 via control panel turn windows features on / off. Cheers jimbo 132742