Windows 10: [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

Discus and support [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; During using the latest generation intel platform notebook unit, the unit is installed 20H1windows 10 v2004 OS connect a external monitor to the unit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Paul Wu998, Sep 7, 2020.

1. [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

During using the latest generation intel platform notebook unit, the unit is installed 20H1windows 10 v2004 OS

connect a external monitor to the unit by type-c port

Then switch the display to monitor onlysecond screen only,it can be found video can be switched to monitor.But no sound can output from monitor speaker.

Unplug and insert the monitor again, can not recover

Restart the unit, can not recover

change the different monitors to the same type-c port, also lost functionno sound output from monitor speaker

if this symptom is OS issue ?

please help to clarify it and how to recover

thanks very much!

:)

Paul Wu998, Sep 7, 2020

2. dual monitors stops sound

Hi David,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• When will the sound disable, when playing through main monitor or the extended monitor?
    • Did you try enabling the sound from the sound drivers and check if it helps?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    This issue causes because the monitor automatically takes the HDMI sound as the Default input. Disable and enable the speakers and check if it helps.

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.

• Right click on the volume control and then
      Properties
    • When you connect the HDMI it becomes the default output device, even though it has no speakers.
    • You need to change this back to "Speakers" and set as default.

[20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my... [​IMG]

Hope this helps. Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Sep 7, 2020
  3. Rhina Vib Win User
    No sound when connected to external monitor

Hi Bill,

To fix this issue, you can try the steps below:

• Plug in both ends of the HDMI without the laptop on.
    • Turn the external monitor on and set to HDMI screen.
    • Boot up your laptop from a shutdown position (not restart).
    • Your laptop will now recognize the external monitor and will acknowledge its presence.
    • Right-click the speaker icon on the task bar and choose
      View Volume Controls.
    • Set TV as default.
    • Click Apply, then click Ok.
    You can also refer to the article in this
    link
    to help fix sound problems.

Let us know how it goes.

Rhina Vib, Sep 7, 2020
  4. [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

No sound when connected to external monitor

When I connect an hdmi cable from my Dell XPS 13 laptop to an external monitor, I can't get sound from my laptop speakers.

Bill Brockhouse, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

[20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my...

1. [20H1]Monitor speaker had no sound output after a external monitor is connect to my... - Similar Threads - 20H1 Monitor speaker

2. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  3. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My external speakers but no sound from monitors: My external speakers but no sound from monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-speakers-but-no-sound-from-monitors/c4ad7ded-1642-4080-bee5-cd36ee3bc473
  4. My external speakers but no sound from monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  6. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop: Laptop: Acer Spin 3Monitor: Samsung t55 24 inch curvedThere's no sound from the monitor after connecting it to the laptop using a HDMI cable. I tried troubleshooting and changing the default playback devices, but it didnt work....
  7. Sound problem after connecting external monitor to a laptop

8. Sound with monitor's speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sound with monitor's speakers: how can i play music on both lg monitors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-with-monitors-speakers/85a3c4f7-d1d6-4034-ba46-b2805d2c40f3
  9. No sound from monitor speaker

No sound from monitor speaker: I have a dell xps 9360 and when I connect it to my dell monitor s2719dgf, there is no audio coming out from the monitor speakers. I have tried updating the drivers for the monitor from device manager, restarted several times and set my monitor as default audio. I am...
  10. no sound on speakers new monitor

no sound on speakers new monitor: Hello, Today I got my brand new monitor in. Eizo's new model EV2750-BK. Everything works fine except no sound. The system does recognize the monitor and speakers. In the taskbar icon I set the Eizo speakers to default and I set them to standard communication. My system...