Windows 10: 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

Discus and support 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop. My specs: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard AMD 3800X 32 Gb DDR4... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CadErik, Sep 29, 2020.

1. CadErik Win User

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

:)

CadErik, Sep 29, 2020

2. FireWire Malfunction

I have an old video camera that requires a firewire. I've had two different firewire to USB ports saying that they have both malfunctioned within the seconds of inserting them into my computer. I've downloaded the IEEE 1394 Legacy ports and done them step
    by step but to no avail. Nothing seems to work and it keeps saying that it's malfunctioned. Please help!

AnthonyCanapini, Sep 29, 2020
  3. cheebers Win User
    1394a Firewire drivers for Windows 10

I have a Siig too an 800 3 port pcie in particular. i was having intermittent sound issues and thought it was my audio interface but soon found it was the firewire drivers. i updated to the latest drivers and lost sound completely.

cut a long story short i went to device manager after updating three times just to be sure, and saw the siig 1394 controller at the top of the list labelled as a bus controller, i just thought it was odd and not where it normally sits in the list, so i right
    clicked it and clicked update drivers, it prompted me to choose from where so i'd pretty much given up by now and clicked from the web. then a little bar came up filled up and up popped my profire (firewire device)

might not be that helpful but i thought id chip in since i had this page open when i stumbled upon the solution.

cheebers, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Fatbob Win User

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Hi everyone
    Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture).
    I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio interface (motu traveler mk3) but since upgrading my pc it has been crashing whenever I connect the motu to the firewire interface. I understand there is an issue with firewire compatibility with Windows 10. I had some issues with my previous set up, occasional bluesecreen / crashes, having to reset the motu as my default audio interface every so often.
    Windows seems to have a driver which should be compatible with the PCIe firewire card (a Qnine, which is compatible with the Texas Instruments chip standard) but I still have this problem.
    Does anyone have any advice? It's driving me up the wall, I've spent hundreds on this and just want to get back to making music!
    Pleas help
    thanks

Fatbob, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

1. 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues - Similar Threads - 20H2 Firewire Audio

2. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem: HelloOn my old pc with windows 10 there was any problem with my audio devices. On the new system also with windows 10, the audio drivers on both usb and firewire audio interfaces have major problems .The firewire device isn't working at all , whereas the usb device is working...
  3. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem: HelloOn my old pc with windows 10 there was any problem with my audio devices. On the new system also with windows 10, the audio drivers on both usb and firewire audio interfaces have major problems .The firewire device isn't working at all , whereas the usb device is working...
  4. Windows 10 usb and firewire audio drivers problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 issue: I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows Home Server Connector software. Now none of the PCs will allow the Connector software to connect to the server in order to...
  6. 20H2 upgrade issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 upgrade issue: after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-upgrade-issue/dd0e0ab7-e163-4cc4-8da9-dfd428e73377
  7. VLC player audio issue (20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  8. VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    VLC player audio issue (after 20H2 update): Basically the audio in VLC player is on 0% when firing up a local video file every single time. To restore it I have to click on the audio tab > audio devices and click default (which is already selected) and then audio is restored to the set volume 70% Other than that the...
  9. 20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues: I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop. My specs: ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard AMD 3800X 32 Gb DDR4 Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this...
  10. Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface

Firewire problems with windows 10 and audio interface: Hi everyone Im an amateur musician composer (I do have a day job in architecture). I've joined this group because I'm having major problems with my music setup after building a new pc for using VSTi virtual instruments / orchestral sample sets. I use a firewire audio...