Windows 10: 20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in

Discus and support 20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Windows 10 20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in. Is there anyway to get rid of it at Registry? I tired to set... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Neo2003, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Neo2003 Win User

20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in

Windows 10 20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in.
    Is there anyway to get rid of it at Registry? I tired to set SoftLandingEnabled within HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ContentDeliveryManager to 0, but it won't work. So any idea?

Thank You for your help!

:)

Neo2003, Mar 5, 2021

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Mar 5, 2021
  3. How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

Hello

CCLeaner cannot yet clean the cache of Microsoft Edge. You can clean your browsing data by following these steps.

• Open Microsoft Edge
    • Click on the three little dots on the top right corner
    • Under Clear Browsing Data click on Choose what to clear
    • Then make sure Cache is checked
    • Click on Clear
    If you don;'t understand exactly what I mean
    then see this post
    for a detailed step by step instruction with images.

Hope it helps you!

Yuri

Yuri Pustjens, Mar 5, 2021
  4. zapd Win User

How to clear Browsing Data in Microsoft Edge?

This does not work. I get this "Some data couldn't be cleared. Please try again." Windows 10 Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.218)

zapd, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

1. 20H2: "Browse the web with Microsoft Edge" popup when first logging in - Similar Threads - 20H2 Browse web

2. Web browsing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Web browsing: Some websites dont work on my computer at various times, Quick assist keeps trying to load, and I cant log out of my old account or add a new one. There are certain websites that I can browse no problem, but I cannot log onto my school sites or google account. When I diagnose...
  3. Web browsing in Settings.

in Browsers and Email
    Web browsing in Settings.: Greetings. Sorry for the inconvenience. Today I noticed something new in the configuration of windows 10. I don't know how to explain it so I took a screenshot. [img] The funny thing is that it is only shown on one of my PCs. And sometimes it shows the text "recommended...
  4. Web browsing in Settings.

in Windows 10 Support
    Web browsing in Settings.: Greetings. Sorry for the inconvenience. Today I noticed something new in the configuration of windows 10. I don't know how to explain it so I took a screenshot. [img] The funny thing is that it is only shown on one of my PCs. And sometimes it shows the text "recommended...
  5. Limited web browsing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Limited web browsing: I just did a full factory reset on my PC, set it to erase all data. Upon setting up Windows 10 again, my connection while using Edge is EXTREMELY slow. I somehow managed to get to the Google Chrome page to download Chrome. I was able to download and install Chrome, and my...
  6. web browsing problems

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    web browsing problems: I noticed in the past few days that images in Wikipedia articles are not loading [blank rectangles are shown in their place]. The text is there, but not the images. Tried this w both Edge and Firefox both installed on my computer - result is the same. Browsed the same...
  7. web Browsing

in Windows 10 Customization
    web Browsing: i am unable to open google chrome i my pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/web-browsing/00d1eb13-f76b-480c-98f5-70de13094678
  8. Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Can not log into web sites while in Microsoft Edge: When I enter the username and password the log in won't go through. I don't get an error message that the login failed, it just goes back to the page as if the login didn't happen. This is happening for all the web sites I have tried. When I use Firefox I can log on just...
  9. Web browsing problems

in Browsers and Email
    Web browsing problems: Hi! Lately I'm facing serious problems accessing web pages (e.g. gmail, youtube, etc), using Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox. The message that I'm getting back is to check the firewall and proxy. I have deactivated Windows defender & firewall and there is no proxy server...
  10. Cannot browse web.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot browse web.: Hi, I'm having an issue with my browser not connecting to my internet. I have no issues connecting to my email, Skype or steam. I just can't connect to webpages like Google. I have recently updated to windows 10 (from windows 7) but for the first day and a half everything...