Windows 10: 20H2 Defrag Bug.

Discus and support 20H2 Defrag Bug. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BadToad2016, Oct 24, 2020.

1. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

Defrag bug is still not fixed when scheduled defrag is used and I have a hard drive.I thought MS fixed it?

:)

BadToad2016, Oct 24, 2020

2. Windows Defrag

When running defrag, there is a drive listing for Windows RE Tools. It shows as a solid state drive and that it has never been defragged. It will not optimize. Clicking on it does nothing. Any suggestions?

Donald Eager, Oct 24, 2020
  3. defrag will not open up in windows 10

Hi Fionna,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To understand the issue better please provide us more information.

• Do you received any error message?

• How are you exactly trying to open defragment? Please elaborate the steps.
    • Which drive are you trying to defrag?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple steps and check if you are able to open the defragment. Follow the below steps.

• Go to file explorer and right click on the drive select Properties.
    • Click on Tool tab and click on Optimize and check if you are able to open defragment.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the status.

Billion Debbarma, Oct 24, 2020
  4. 20H2 Defrag Bug.

defrag

Hi Kim,

It is important to use an administrator account because standard account holders
    cannot defrag the hard disk drive. We would like to ask for additional information. Please provide the following:

• Which build of Windows 10 are you using? To know about it, hit
      Start, type Winver and then press
      Enter. You could also press Windows Key + R, type
      Winver into the
      Run dialog and press Enter.
    • Are you using the administrator account on your computer or a Microsoft/guest account?
    • Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue?
    • Since you've mentioned that it refuses to defrag, can you please provide us with a screenshot of it? You may refer to this

link
      on how to include a screenshot in your post.

Moreover, we recommend that you use the administrator account registered on your computer the defrag it. To optimize them:

• Select the search bar on the taskbar and enter defrag.

• Select Defragment and Optimize Drives.

20H2 Defrag Bug. ee353fc9-cd9e-4635-b255-8b796f80c528-en.png

• Select the disk drive you want to optimize.

• Select the Optimize button.

Looking forward to the requested information and the results of the recommended troubleshooting steps.

PreciousLeb, Oct 24, 2020
Thema:

20H2 Defrag Bug.

1. 20H2 Defrag Bug. - Similar Threads - 20H2 Defrag Bug

2. Setting Application bug in 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Setting Application bug in 20H2: Running windows 10 pro 20H2 with June 2021 patch Tuesday updates, I have noticed a bug when I maximize the windows update settings page after having it minimized the windows update page in settings freezes up, it is only on that page in settings, even when I click to reopen...
  3. 20H2 bug fixed?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    20H2 bug fixed?: Hello, I am running Windows 10 1703 which is an unsupported version of windows 10 thus I am upgrading to 20H2 latest but I have heard that windows 10 20H2 has a bug which delete all personal files so did Microsoft fix this big?...
  4. Bugs after 20H2 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bugs after 20H2 update: After the 20H2 update i'm experiencing some bugs: After a restart some of the startup programs (like Corsair iCue) won't start After a restart if i try to open task manager it locks on not responding Today i experienced a bug where my entire desktop freezed and was in not...
  5. Windows 20H2 dxgmms2 bugged...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 20H2 dxgmms2 bugged...: I keep having BSOD issues with windows 20H2 even with the November updates, PC is fully updated. OS Build: 19042.630 Constantly with dxgmms2.sys, Dump info below, Before anyone says its to due with a faulty driver... I've already used Display Driver Uninstaller numerous...
  6. Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?

Has the SSD Defrag bug gone ?: Is the bug that was defragging SSD too often in May 2020 update gone now ? I need to clean install my system so I'm wondering if it's the time to upgrade too from 1909 to 2004. This particular bug concerns me. submitted by /u/demaniax_99 [link] [comments]...
  7. Defragment tool bugged?

Defragment tool bugged?: I just checked the Defragmentation tool randomly and saw that the "Last analyzed or optimized" row says "Never run", even though back when I upgraded to Windows 10 5 months ago I've scheduled it to run weekly. I've checked it again 2 months ago and it was working fine, and so...
  8. Defrag Bug

Defrag Bug: Does anyone have any idea how to prevent Windows from doing it? Do i just go here and disable "Scheduled optimization" on all drives? I have 2 SSDs (one M.2 NVME, one SATA) and 1 HDD. An update released yesterday, perhaps that fixed it? How often do i need to trim my SSDs and...
  9. Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 2004 - Defrag/Trim Bug: Hello everybody, Windows 10 2004 still has the bug, that the data about the time of the last operation and the current status are not saved. In some forums I have read, that therefore the planned optimization should be disabled, otherwise Windows would run it after every...
  10. Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 2004 optimization/defrag bug: Hi all I've just completed the Windows 10 2004 upgrade and I have noticed 2 issues. 1. When I manually trim my SSD in the drive defrag/optimize tool in windows and I reboot it says 'never optimized' when i go back. I heard this was a bug in insider preview which they...