Windows 10: 20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates.

Discus and support 20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an HP Omen Obelisk using Win10 Home, an Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 16GB of Ram, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD and my wife has and HP Envy Laptop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DonT5, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DonT5 Win User

20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates.

I have an HP Omen Obelisk using Win10 Home, an Intel Core i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz, 16GB of Ram, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD and my wife has and HP Envy Laptop using Win 10 Home with Intel Core i7, 500 Gb SDD and 12 Gb Optane Mem . We both are on Version 2004 OS Build 19041.572 and all our updates including optional driver updates have all been installed and nothing is pending. Since the announcement that 20H2 is now available to those that seek it by manually checking for updates in settings I am not finding it for both computers and I have been checking everyday. I am not getting any errors when I do but it says I am up to date. We are not having any problems with getting updates on our computers as I just got a NVIDIA driver update and we both have gotten HP updates as well in the last several days. My question is should it not be there to download and install and when will it be released to all users as a regular update? I do not want to jump through hoops to get it by using the Media Creation Tool to either use ISO file or the tool or use the Update Assistant Software or download the Enablement package. I would just like to get it normally. Maybe I should just wait until it shows up in my updates would be best. What is your opinion.

Regards,

Don

:)

DonT5, Oct 25, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks for your answer, ken!
    I deleted all my data. I had have it backed up.

I did a clean installation using the windows media creation tool (usb option).

No, I didn`t. I thought a clean installation would solve the problem.

After posting my previous message, I did it.

20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates. [​IMG]

After chkdsk, I close cmd and tried to boot and the laptop just turned it off. This morning I`ve restarted it and automatically windows did a repair. Windows has booted and it seems that the repair tool has removed chrome and acrobat pdf reader (the only two programs I had installed after reinstalling windows).

Now Windows is installing updates and restarting my lapop, I`m kind of frightened. I don`t want it to happen again. Anyhow, I want to know what has brought the issue

I`ve been looking for information about the error code at the end of the picture and I didn`t get anywhere.

BetoLP, Oct 25, 2020
  4. 20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates.

Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates.

1. 20H2 Doesn't Show Up To Install When Manually Checking For Updates. - Similar Threads - 20H2 Doesn't Show

2. KB5001716 doesn't show up on installed updates list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    KB5001716 doesn't show up on installed updates list: So I wish to uninstall KB5001716 win10 update but when I actually go to control panel >...>installed updates there is no such update listed there even though it is listed in update history in settings app. How am I supposed to make it show up in control panel and thus make it...
  3. KB5001716 doesn't show up on installed updates list

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    KB5001716 doesn't show up on installed updates list: So I wish to uninstall KB5001716 win10 update but when I actually go to control panel >...>installed updates there is no such update listed there even though it is listed in update history in settings app. How am I supposed to make it show up in control panel and thus make it...
  4. KB5001716 doesn't show up on installed updates list

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Error 0x80245006 when manually checking for updates: I'm on 20H2. Windows Update works mostly fine for me--automated update checks occur, and the last round of monthly updates came in without issue. When I launch WU, I see "You're up to date." But whenever I manually check for updates, I get: Error encountered There were some...
  6. windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure

windows updates fail + 20H2 manual installation failure: Hello, my current win 10 pro version is 2004, for the past months I have troubles with windows update, I get this error: There were problems downloading some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this, try searching the web or contacting support for help....
  7. 20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Doesn't Show Fonts I Installed: Hi... Just got a Dell Optiplex 7010 with Win 10 Pro 20H2, build 19042.928. Windows Font Manager seems to work fine and I installed several Helvetica and Korinna fonts, all of which showed up fine right after installation. A few minutes later, none of them were available in...
  8. Windows 20H2 update not appearing when I check for updates

Windows 20H2 update not appearing when I check for updates: I just recently successfully (at least as far as all updates reported successful conclusion) the 1909 -> 2004 update. I repeatedly queried windows update and installed anything it provided and now I'm allegedly up to date. Yet my destkop and my wife's laptop are now 20H2...
  9. Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working

Updated manually to 20H2 to get Update working: I updated to latest Windows Version from Update Assistant. I'm still having same issue it won't connect to Windows Update. Edition Windows 10 Pro Version 20H2 OS build 19042.572 Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.31.0 [img] 168920
  10. Family computer doesn't show up when installing game

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Family computer doesn't show up when installing game: I purchased Minecraft for PC and have multiple computer installations available. When I click play/Install it only shows MY devices, not my family devices. In my account management the computer shows up that I want Minecraft on. But not when I go to install it that PC...