Windows 10: 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

Discus and support 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Durahl, Sep 24, 2020.

1. Durahl Win User

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

Greetings

I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile.

I can't even screenshot to show of the effect because it would turn the problematic area with not enough transparency entirely opaque so third world grade photos will have to do:

This is how my Start Full Screen would normally look like - Opaque Tiles on a 95% transparent layer slightly darkening the Desktop Background Image visible behind it:

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency [​IMG]

This is how it now looks after the 20H2 update - Transparent tiles on a ~50% transparent grey layer almost blotting out my DBI:

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency [​IMG]

Is there a way to up the transparency of that layer to bring back the look of the 2004 version?

:)

Durahl, Sep 24, 2020
  2. mnc76 Win User

Start Menu Not Transparent

I have the exact issue. And YES, I have ensured that 'transparency effects' is ON in Colors settings menu.

The task bar looks fine, its just the start menu that is no longer transparent.

mnc76, Sep 24, 2020
  3. Aole4 Win User
    Start menu icons are not transparent

Start menu icons are not appearing transparent. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Thanks!

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency 735b0355-8e57-49b5-988a-dad901e9a9f1?upload=true.png

Aole4, Sep 24, 2020
  4. lindalouk Win User

Start Menu Transparent When Set to Transparency Off

Set start menu to be not transparent. It is still transparent. Set it to be transparent, then set it back to not transparent in hopes that would work. It didn't. Any help?

lindalouk, Sep 24, 2020
Thema:

1. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency - Similar Threads - 20H2 FullScreen Start

2. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  3. start menu transparent

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu transparent: how to make start menu transparent and add some blur. i find ways but not any working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-transparent/29618704-2e91-4a65-87d9-acda1ee39bce
  4. transparency of start menu!

transparency of start menu!: i do not have my start menu transparent even though the task bar is . Can i hope for a reply as soon as possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transparency-of-start-menu/c6184f84-74fe-45f1-b9ff-b26a3c4b7eb7
  5. 20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question

20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question: I have the "Light" theme enable and I really like the the transparent tile backgrounds. I have noted that some of my start menu tiles are NOT transparent. IE: I have tiles for various folders. I have also have a tile for Google Chrome. All of the above tiles however...
  6. Transparent start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  7. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  8. Start menu not transparent

Start menu not transparent: My start menu won't turn transparent or translucent. I have enabled transparency and have tried all the regedits after googling, non of them work. Does anyone know how to fix this? submitted by /u/suskab [link] [comments]...
  9. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...
  10. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: Is there any way to change the transparency/colour intensity of the start menu? Classic Start Menu allowed me to change the transparency of the task bar and I'm left with this Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet So far i couldn't find any program/tweak to change...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Transparent Start Menu 20H2