Windows 10: 20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup

Discus and support 20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I've been using freefilesync to mirror my users/me (and users/wife) folders and wonder how to restore should I need to. The first thing that occurs to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by LouG, May 5, 2021.

1. LouG Win User

20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup

I've been using freefilesync to mirror my users/me (and users/wife) folders and wonder how to restore should I need to. The first thing that occurs to me is to reverse the backup process but I wonder how to go about it. I don't foresee having to do this short of a hard drive/machine crash which would require a clean install of windows 10 on a new computer. TIA for all help...

:)

LouG, May 5, 2021
  2. LouG Win User

20H2 How to restore form freefilesync mirror backup

I've been using freefilesync to mirror my users/me (and users/wife) folders and wonder how to restore should I need to. The first thing that occurs to me is to reverse the backup process but I wonder how to go about it. I don't foresee having to do this short of a hard drive/machine crash which would require a clean install of windows 10 on a new computer.

TIA for all help...

LouG, May 5, 2021
  3. boyboyds Win User
    FreeFileSync

I will just use 'Mirror' then. And my files are already organized around a BackUp folder.

There is no way to prevent some junk being installed along with FreeFileSync,
    but this is a free tool and they need some revenue, no problem as long as it is not infected.

I like this tool so far.

This forum is Great...!!!!
    -BBDS

boyboyds, May 5, 2021
  4. sumasage Win User

Free hard drive backup/restore program?

I am looking for a free (freeware) program that will back up and restore a hard drive. I'm looking to clone a few external hard drives. If the program will backup the used space instead of the whole drive this will be awesome! Thanks for any suggestions.

sumasage, May 5, 2021
Thema:

1. 20H2 How to restore from freefilesync mirror backup - Similar Threads - 20H2 restore freefilesync

2. How to restore from a full image backup.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to restore from a full image backup.: My aunt left me 12 discs with her computers backup on it including one system repair disc. She recently passed away and left me with no knowledge of how to access the contents of the discs. All I know is it was made with windows 10 and I have windows 10 but other than that I...
  3. How To Restore Drivers Back From Backup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How To Restore Drivers Back From Backup: HiI created a backup of my drivers using cmd because wanted To reinstall windows. When I installed windows 10 again i am not able to restore drivers.Please Tell a way so that i can restore all of my drivers in one click....
  4. How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup

in Browsers and Email
    How to restore Win10 20H2 Firefox profile from Ubuntu backup: I'm a former Windows user (12 years with Ubuntu) thinking about migrating back to Win10. I have my Firefox default- release profile backed up daily on a usb hard drive. I've tried copying the contents of my profile to users/Lou/appdata/mozilla/xxxxxxxx.default-release with no...
  5. Disk Mirror - Backup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disk Mirror - Backup: I have a question I want to mirror the primary C: drive using another internal SSD using the disk management tool. I want to have an exact mirror Is this recommended or should I image or clone the drive using an external HDD. Second question is the mirror two way or one way?...
  6. mirror image backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mirror image backup: How do I create an auto mirror image backup of my PC? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mirror-image-backup/bd3a81a8-4020-4d16-b255-0d4f346bbf36
  7. FreeFileSync

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    FreeFileSync: I want to backup data to an external HDD ( no problem there), and then sync that HDD with two other external HDDs. Will FeeFileSync be a good option to accomplish the sync of the three external HDDs? Or is there a better option? Thanks submitted by /u/skywalker505 [link]...
  8. How to restore C: drive from backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore C: drive from backup?: Hello all. I need help restoring my W10 system. System was running fine and then all of a sudden, it goes to Auto Repair mode. That fails, repeatedly. I tried various solutions but none worked. I eventually decided to do reinstall of Windows using downloaded Windows...
  9. restore documents from Mirror

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    restore documents from Mirror: Greetings; Windows 10, I have a mirror of my computer and wish to restore my documents only. How may I accomplish this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/restore-documents-from-mirror/6536f57a-23e5-4588-aae4-80ff8da2d7fd"
  10. How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to restore uncorrupted files from backup?: Hi all, Hoping for a bit of advice regarding using backups to restore data. I have recently had a partial HDD failure on my data drive, it is not fully backed up but my essentials are. I am currently xcopying the contents to a replacement HDD (which seems like it is...