Windows 10: 20H2 Iso and MCT are different builds, An app default was reset...

Discus and support 20H2 Iso and MCT are different builds, An app default was reset... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello everybody, I noticed that a 20H2 Iso and a stick made with the MCT and downloaded at the same time have different builds.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by mfessler, Nov 2, 2020.

1. mfessler Win User

20H2 Iso and MCT are different builds, An app default was reset...

Hello everybody,

I noticed that a 20H2 Iso and a stick made with the MCT and downloaded at the same time have different builds.

Win10_20H2_German_x64.iso = 19042.508
    MediaCreationTool20H2.exe = 19042.572
    The ISO still has the September CUs from Windows and .net framework, while the medium created with the MCT already contains the October CUs and the security update for the Flash Player.

Also noticeable:
    With the Windows that was installed with the MCT Stick, each new user is first greeted 3x with the familiar "Your default browser / An app default was reset..." message, while with the Windows which was installed with the ISO that is not the case.
    Known to be harmless, but always a bad feeling with a clean new install.

Is there an explanation for the different builds?
    Weren't the Iso and MCT versions always identical in the past?

Thanks and greetings,
    Martin

:)

mfessler, Nov 2, 2020
  2. DickC1978 Win User

Getting Feature 20H1 ISO file with MCT

Hello--I had saved the MediaCreationTool2004, but have had problems getting good connection to save the ISO file.

I tried to get the Feature 2004 ISO today and the save MCT for 2004 does not get that version. It only has a link that a newer Tool is available, which is for 20h2.

I can not do the major upgrade using Windows update.

The past years I had access to the State University network, but I do not have access to that network now.

Last year the 19h1 ISO saved in about 55 minutes.

I tried several times to save the 20h1 ISO and it has taken 39 minutes to get to 39 percent.

Today the MCT20h2 is only at 35 percent after about 1 hour and 45 mins.

I am not going to be able to complete the Save now and must cancel it.

I would not be able to use the 20h2 ISO before I get 20h1 installed. At this point how may I save the Feature 2004 installation ISO?

DickC1978, Nov 2, 2020
  3. 20H2 In-place upgrade cant keep personal settings and files on 20H2 clean install

When trying in-place upgrade on a clean windows 10 pro 64 install I cant keep personal settings and files, only option is to keep nothing.

It says maybe my windows is installed in different folder / older version of windows.

- The same again on a second fresh installation of windows 20h2 on my system.

- Both on SATA drive and on new clean NvMe in RAID 0 config.

- Reseting bios does not help

- sfc, dism, - no change

- windows is installed in default folder

- everything was/is on default

- never had this issues prior to 20H2

- I use latest 20H2 iso version, downloaded multiple times with same results

Asus rog strix X570-e, ryzen 3600xt, 2xnvme ssd in raid 0, 32 gb ram 3600 mhz, gtx 1080, 2xsata ssd, current build 19042.610

RomanFdemortormen, Nov 2, 2020
  4. nancy3243 Win User

*.iso opening default

Followed Shawn's tutorial for modifying *.iso default using Option 2 to change "To Restore Specific File Type or Protocol Association to Default" which originally set to Cyberlink. After following the instructions I have no iso listed under Default.
    Anyone have a suggestion? Would like to contact Shawn but I don't know how to contact him. Thanks for your suggestions.

nancy3243, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. 20H2 Iso and MCT are different builds, An app default was reset... - Similar Threads - 20H2 Iso MCT

2. Win 10 build 19045.2006 is at MCT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 10 build 19045.2006 is at MCT: MCT ISO has been updated to build 19045.2006. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-build-190452006-is-at-mct/79b8b3ab-c968-4ddc-a3c4-8ec9eb291ec3
  3. Win 10 build 19045.2006 is at MCT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win 10 build 19045.2006 is at MCT: MCT ISO has been updated to build 19045.2006. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-10-build-190452006-is-at-mct/79b8b3ab-c968-4ddc-a3c4-8ec9eb291ec3
  4. Getting Feature 20H1 ISO file with MCT

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting Feature 20H1 ISO file with MCT: Hello--I had saved the MediaCreationTool2004, but have had problems getting good connection to save the ISO file. I tried to get the Feature 2004 ISO today and the save MCT for 2004 does not get that version. It only has a link that a newer Tool is available, which is for...
  5. MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO

MCT / UPDATE ASSISTANT / ISO: COULD YOU PLEASE SAY ME THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN UPDATE ASSISTANT AND MEDIA CREATION TOOL / ISO FOR WINDOWS 10 2004 UPGARDE SAY ME THE DIFFEENCE , BENEFITS , ADVANTAGE ,DISADVANTAGE . PLEASE........
  6. An app default was reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    An app default was reset: A few days ago this message appeared in my notification. An app default was reset. An app caused a problem with the default app setting for .raw so it was reset to Photos Now start up and sign in are sometime slow/sluggish and sometimes before sign in i get a momentary...
  7. "An App Default was Reset"

"An App Default was Reset": I would like to prevent Win10 from resetting my default apps for a given file extension. Either the chance to approve any changes to my default apps, such as we had in previous Windows versions, or to find the app reset "feature" and break it beyond repair disable it...
  8. App defaults resetting

App defaults resetting: How can I lock my defaults and prohibit Windows 10 from resetting them? Why isn't there a simple checkbox to lock defaults? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/app-defaults-resetting/77707996-8b34-444a-9c68-678d2dfebe69
  9. Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?

Why is the ISO size different for Tech bench and MCT?: I downloaded Windows 10 64bit International English from techbench and the size is 4.09GB In both cases I selected Windows 10(not home or pro or single language or n or kn just Windows 10) Language:British English(english international) 64bit I created same iso using MCT...
  10. Win 10 ISO MCT vs ISO-DL page

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 ISO MCT vs ISO-DL page: So there are 2 ways to download ISOs for Windows 10: Windows 10 <--- Downloads a tool you can use to generate your own ISO. and Windows 10 ISO <--- Downloads the ISO straight from MS (same as MSDN) If you try and access the second page from a Windows PC (with IE, FF...