Windows 10: 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

Discus and support 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Allison R., Jun 8, 2021.

1. 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the issue could be resolved by repairing the installation. However I'm wondering if other GAC items or drivers may be affected by the update, and as I've seen no other forum posts on the topic, I wanted to have this issue documented.

:)

Allison R., Jun 8, 2021

2. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10....

Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

Can someone update this so it works in win10?

ZippyDSMlee, Jun 8, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    dll file not found after Creator's Update, Code Execution Cannot Proceed

Hi Aberfoyle,

It is possible that the
    .dll file was corrupted during the update causing the error to occur.
    To better assist you, kindly find the
    .dll file
    in
    c:\Windows\System32. If you can find the
    .dll file, it means that we need to
    register
    your
    .dll file
    to your
    Operating System
    for it to
    work. To do this, we need to
    unregister
    the
    .dll file
    first and
    re-register
    it. Here are the steps on how to do so:

To unregister the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 /u c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

To re-register the .dll file:

• Press
      Windows key + R, type
      Regsvr32 c:\Windows\System32\VCRUNTIME140.dll
      and hit
      Enter/OK.

If you cannot find the
    .dll
    file in
    c:\Windows\System32,
    kindly run these methods of troubleshooting
    so that we will know if the issue is within/not within the
    Operating System:

Method 1:
    Run SFC Scan.  

SFC
    will
    scan
    and
    run
    an
    automatic repair
    to any
    corrupted system files
    that it will detect. We suggest that you perform it twice. To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps:  

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Note:
    Kindly run
    SFC twice or thrice
    and check for results before you proceed to the next method.

Method 2: Clean Boot.

Clean Boot
    will
    stop or disable
    the
    applications
    that are running in your
    computer's background.
    To perform a
    Clean Boot, click
    here.

Note:
    Reset the computer back to
    Normal Mode
    once you are done with the troubleshooting by following the section
    "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"
    from the same article.

After performing these
    methods of troubleshooting
    and still the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    computer/laptop manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 8, 2021
  4. 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

Error: missing msvcp110.dll and msvcr110.dll with message: not designed to run on Windows or are corrupted on Windows 10 while playing Smite game

Hi Estelito,

Thank you for responding.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Method 1: Unregister and re-register the msvcp110.dll and then check if you come across the issue.

Step 1: Steps to un-register
    msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /u msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window

Step 2:
    Steps to re-register msvcp110.dll

• Press Windows + R from the keyboard to open
      Run
      command.
    • Type regsvr32 /i msvcp110.dll
    • Click on OK.
    • Close the Run command window and check if the issue persists.

Method 2: Check if you have not deleted the msvcp110.dll file by mistake on your device.

Check for the file in Recycle bin. If found restore back.

Method 3: I suggest you to run the Microsoft Safety Scanner
    and check.

Microsoft Safety Scanner

Also, when you perform Microsoft Safety Scanner from the link provided, data or files which are infected by malware might be beyond cleaning and have to be deleted entirely to maintain the integrity of your system, which means there might be a potential
    for data loss.

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 8, 2021
Thema:

20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

1. 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC - Similar Threads - 20H2 issue report

2. What is RegAsm.exe? How to Unregister a DLL Using RegAsm.exe?

in Windows 10 News
    What is RegAsm.exe? How to Unregister a DLL Using RegAsm.exe?: [ATTACH]In this post, we explain what is RegAsm.exe, how to register or unregister a DLL using RegAsm.exe, and how RegAsm.exe is different from Regsvr32.exe. What is RegAsm.exe in Windows 11/10? RegAsm is the short form of Register Assembly. RegAsm.exe is a genuine component...
  3. Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC: The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the...
  4. Bug Report .NET application

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug Report .NET application: I Got Error In .Net FrameWork ! And I Want 100 $ Reward For This ! You Can See This Error Here : https://rextester.com/PJJ58190 Or Get Code : //Rextester.Program.Main is the entry point for your code. Don't change it. //Microsoft R Visual C# Compiler version 2.9.0.63208...
  5. report an issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    report an issue: I have been facing many problems in my windows 10 , 1.any browser is not opening. 2.i can't even download and use other apps . 3.and it is hanging up all the time it is recently bought laptop with all the updated versions , then why it is showing these kind of...
  6. How do I unregister from this forum?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I unregister from this forum?: well you could pm a admin like brink. this is from the forum rules Account Deletion Requests To maintain a proper record of conversations we do not delete user accounts, however to comply with EU privacy laws, upon request we will remove or anonymize any personally...
  7. .net issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    .net issue: Hi, my rms software seems to have an issue on windows 10. The rms software is provided by Multiflex. It was working fine on WIndows 7 & 8.1. On Winodws 10, it is showing a .net issue. I am not able to open the software?? Should I downgrade to WIndows 8.1 or is there a fix a...
  8. Unregister Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unregister Update: OK, Windows has been bugging me for days about upgrading. I keep rolling the time for another couple days. Not quite sure that I want to upgrade right now. I want to wait for a few months to see what problems others have and see what the fixes are. I followed the tutorial:...
  9. Unregistering shell DLL's from command script

in Windows 10 Support
    Unregistering shell DLL's from command script: Is it possible to unregister shell extension DLL's from a command script? Whenever I run "rundll32 /u path\to\whatever.dll" command lines from a script, I always get the error: The module "path\to\whatever.dll" was loaded but the call to DllUnregisterServer failed with...
  10. Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files

in Windows 10 Support
    Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files: This works but is not run with the admin flag thus it dose not work in 10.... Register and Unregister Context Menu for DLL and OCX Files Can someone update this so it works in win10? 63680