Windows 10: 20H2 issue

Discus and support 20H2 issue in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JesseVanderloop1, Mar 22, 2021.

1. 20H2 issue

I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows Home Server Connector software. Now none of the PCs will allow the Connector software to connect to the server in order to schedule backups. What is the solution?

:)

JesseVanderloop1, Mar 22, 2021
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Mar 22, 2021
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Mar 22, 2021
  4. CadErik Win User

20H2 issue

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Mar 22, 2021
Thema:

20H2 issue

1. 20H2 issue - Similar Threads - 20H2 issue

2. Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC: The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the...
  3. 20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC

20H2 issue report: .Net dll unregistered from GAC: The following is a bug I wish to report regarding the Windows 10 20H2 release:Following the 20H2 update to my laptop and several desktop machines, a .Net developed dll disappeared from the GAC under system\Microsoft.Net\Assembly\GAC_MSIL. The dll was still installed and the...
  4. Win 10 20H2 Client VPN Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win 10 20H2 Client VPN Issues: Since the weekend we have started experiencing issues with a Win 10 client VPN connection.Everything was working fine up until Saturday, when connectivity to remote VPN applications started to fail.Further investigation shows that the VPN client is no longer sending all...
  5. Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth issues with Windows 20H2: Hi,I've been tasked to check out what happens with Windows 20H2 and Bluetooth devices.The issue: Upon upgrading to 20H2 on many devices Laptops from Dell, HP and Lenovo with Intel 10th gen CPU's as well as 2 no name desktops with Ryzen 7 5800X - I saw a similar...
  6. Major Issue after Updating to 20H2

Major Issue after Updating to 20H2: I updated my PC by clicking on the pop-up that said restart now to update. Ever since then my Windows has not worked properly. The taskbar is unresponsive, and I cannot open any shortcuts on my desktop. I cannot open settings. I do not have any sound coming from either my...
  7. Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue

Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue: I have used WSUS to update the computers in my domain.I tested it on 10 computers and 4 of them were unsuccessful. The update process of the 4 computers was normal, but at the end of the update, it always said "Attempting to recover installation, Restoring your previous...
  8. 20H2 Update Causing Issues

20H2 Update Causing Issues: Hi all, I clean installed 20H2 and ever since then I have been facing the below issues constantly: 1. Intermittent BSOD 2. Browser tab crashing intermittently Firefox, and Chrome 3. Error when trying to download games using EA Origin I am unable to revert to the previous...
  9. Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?

Windows 10 Update to 20H2 issues?: Hi! So I’m trying to update my HP 250 G5 notebook with a Intel i3-5 to the latest Windows 10 update. Upon beginning the installation of 20H2, everything runs fine and normal, until the computer does one of the restarts it usually does out of random while updating. After it...
  10. DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DPC Latency issues caused by dxgkrnl.sys on 20H2: Hi all, I've recently been having DPC latency issues that I believe are being caused by dxgkrnl.sys. At this rate I have absolutely zero clue what could be causing it, I've followed through with multiple forums, and every single person I've seen that's had this issue has had...