Windows 10: 20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized.

Discus and support 20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I tried 20h2. But what happens is: Ive got 2 screens, an old 19"Acer to work on and a 32"TV to watch shows/movies on. They are set up like the 32"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/boogers19, Dec 28, 2020.

1. 20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized.

So I tried 20h2. But what happens is:

Ive got 2 screens, an old 19"Acer to work on and a 32"TV to watch shows/movies on. They are set up like the 32" is 'on top' of the 19".

But now a few apps, when maximized on the bottom screen, show their title bar across the bottom of the top screen.

So basically I cant watch TV and surf Firefox anymore without the Firefox title bar across the bottom of my show.

Obvioulsy its not the end of the world. But it's like the main thing I do with this PC: watch tv and surf Firefox. Like that's why I bought this rig.

The larger problem is: Im stuck on 1909. The last 'feature' update I tried did the same thing, so I had to roll back. Now Ive had to roll back 20h2.

Anyone? Ideas? Anything?

(Ive tried all sorts of resolution changes. Played with all sorts of display settings in Windows and in my Intel Graphics. I tried to roll back my drivers last time. Last night the Windows support-tech did screen share with me and all they did was drag my windows around, minimizing-maximizing-minimizing... basically nothing. Then told me: "well, look the Edge window doesnt do this, just switch to Edge." SO, lots of help there /s)

submitted by /u/boogers19
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/boogers19, Dec 28, 2020
  2. Win10Newb Win User

Google Chrome Browser Overlaps Taskbar

I just noticed that this "overlap" happens only when Chrome is maximized.

Chrome is not maximized. everything is normal.

20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized. [​IMG]

Chrome is maximized and the overlap or this gap happens. *Confused

20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized. [​IMG]

it seems like chrome doesnt SNAP on the edge of the screen.

Win10Newb, Dec 28, 2020
  3. Flickering screen and unable to maximize items

Hi Jane,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As you are facing issues with flickering screen, do let us know the following to assist you better:

• How often you see black/ flickering screen on your device?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • Is the issue of maximizing the screen confined to any particular game?
    • Were you able to see any error code with this issue?

I would like to inform that screen flickering in Windows 10 is usually caused by incompatible apps or display drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the troubleshooting steps like Check to see if
    Task Manager flickers, Uninstall an incompatible app,
    Update your display driver from the Microsoft article about flickering screen and check if it helps.

Troubleshoot screen flickering in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and required information, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 28, 2020
  4. 20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized.

Taskbar overlapping full screen

Same here. Windows 10, after one of the recent updates the task bar --locked and not autohidden-- now overlaps Word and Firefox when in they are maximized. I don't like Full Screen Mode of Firefox and just want to use it as usual.

seasthesky, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized.

1. 20H2 makes some apps overlap to the wrong screen when maximized. - Similar Threads - 20H2 makes apps

2. Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2

in Windows 10 Customization
    Maximized Window in Display 1 is overlapping into Display 2: Whenever I maximize a window on Display 1, it overlaps as a white bar into display 2. I have attempted adjusting the displays and updating my GPU to no effect. What should I do to remediate this issue? Here's a picture without a window maximized: [IMG] Here's a picture...
  3. Some apps scale are wrong

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Some apps scale are wrong: Hi, after a system reboot, some of my applications had a weird scale applied to them, like if it was 150% instead of 100%. (see the attached images) I've tried uninstalling my drivers and changing my resolution and scale. it's almost like the scale was stuck 50% higher than...
  4. Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 taskbar overlaps maximized windows: Hi, so I pretty much explained it. Restarting Windows Explorer doesn't help every time more like once in 10 tries, moving taskbar to different places on screen doesn't help either. I have to restart computer couple of times yes, one usually doesn't help for it to actually...
  5. Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa)

Maximized window overlapping taskbar (or vice versa): Hi People, Ever since i switched back to windows, this overlap has been bugging me. It's not killing but.it.IS.there! Searched the web like many others but couldn't find a solution, merely, a work-around or temporary solution. Things like autohide taskbar on/off. Place...
  6. Overlapping to second screen

Overlapping to second screen: Yesterday I finally received my dual monitor stand so I could mount my old 1080p uw(ultrawide) on top of my new 1440p uw monitor. I had some problems with my shortcut positions being switched up, but the rest of the procedure seemed to go smoothly. However, I later started...
  7. Maximized windows overlapping taskbar

Maximized windows overlapping taskbar: Im currently using StartIsBack to customize the look of my desktop, but I want to make it so that the taskbar only stays on the desktop, similar to how rainmeter skins work, where you have the option to set it as always on top or only on desktop. Is this possible? submitted...
  8. Some apps overlapping taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    Some apps overlapping taskbar: I am running WIn10 home. I am not sure if this question belongs in this forum or the VB6 forum. When I am in the VB6 IDE thee form is displaying just fine. I can move it near the top of the scree. I can move it near the bottom and, as expected, if I move it too low the...
  9. Screen overlaps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Screen overlaps: [IMG] For some reasons, a screen has overlapped on the previous desktop screen. Please help me out of this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-overlaps/c21baefb-7230-4ac7-93f4-48ae00c59aca
  10. Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar overlapped by maximized windows. How to?: I'm unhappy with the taskbar because it always takes space on my 14 inch laptop. 14 inch is already pretty small, so having the taskbar always take up space is inefficient. The behavior that I'm looking for is simple: If I maximize a window, it should maximize over the...