Windows 10: 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver

Discus and support 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Optiplex 9020 i7-4790 Q87 chipset. Originally Windows 8 Pro but had been upgraded to Windows 10. I was running Win10 Pro 2004 and everything was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by lgentry, May 4, 2021.

1. lgentry Win User

20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver

Optiplex 9020 i7-4790 Q87 chipset. Originally Windows 8 Pro but had been upgraded to Windows 10. I was running Win10 Pro 2004 and everything was working. My chipset, USB 3.0 drivers, and Sata driver were all Intel. I used Double Driver and backed up all my drivers. I then updated to 20H2 . On first boot Windows replaced all Intel's drivers with its own drivers. There are way less drivers than what DoubleDriver backed up. I used Doubledriver to restore all my backed up drivers.The only one of my backed up drivers that I could get to over-ride the Microsoft driver was for Sata/raid. None of the chipset or USB drivers would restore using Doubledriver. The PC has USB 3.0 ports in front and in back. It also has USB 2.0 ports in front and back. Using the Microsoft 3.0 controller driver, my 3.0 ports now run barely over 2.0 speed. I then tried to force install the Intel drivers I had backed up for the 3.0 controller and chipset but Windows would not use them. Got best driver already installed. So I downloaded the 3.0 Extensible controller driver and my chipset driver from Intel, , (these were the drivers I was using in 2004) and used intel's .exe file but Windows says 'best drivers for your device are already installed'. I tried to force the drivers, got same error. I disabled driver signature enforcement and still couldn't override the Microsoft drivers. I tried to install them in compatibility mode for Windows 8. Wouldn't install. I then uninstalled the USB 3.0 Host Controller. When I did it killed all my usb ports including the 2.0 ones both front and back. This should NOT have happened. How can I force Intel drivers to install to see if I can get my 3.0 ports to work correctly? And how can the the 3.0 controller driver control the 2.0 ports as well? 2.0 ports are independent of the 3.0 ports. I want to use Intel drivers. The best driver for my device can't be installed if everything is working worse than when I used all the the Intel drivers. It's like we are at Microsoft's mercy.This computer is not so old that the drivers should have to change when Windows updates its version. Here's a copy of device manager, and the error I get. Also usbtreeview that shows I have a usb 3.0 device connected at superspeed. Can someone tell me how the heck do I over-ride Microsoft drivers. Attachment 330681 Attachment 330683

:)

lgentry, May 4, 2021

2. 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver

I have been searching for the Intel USB3.0 Extensible Host Drivers and have turned up these snippets.

20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver [​IMG]

Pejole2165, May 4, 2021
  3. lgentry Win User

Yes, I tried that. Many times. That's what I mean when I said 'force the drivers".

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I tried that. Many times. That's what I mean when I said 'force the drivers". I notice all my attachments are not showing in my original post so here are the ones for device manager and the error again. And I've also tried 'search windows update'. It finds no new drivers.

lgentry, May 4, 2021
  4. 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver

I'm wondering how you are measuring your USB performance, I have 20H2 using a two - three year old Intel B360, i5 (8th gen) system, the original Intel USB drivers have been changed to Microsoft ones (interestingly the same for the USB host on the RTX card, previously an Nvidia driver).
    However the speed of my ports has not changed, I regularly copy 16GB image files to an external USB3.0 (Seagate 3TB Disk), using 1909 - 2004 with Intel drivers I got 184MB/s per file, with the current 20H2 and Microsoft drivers with the latest chipset .inf from Intel, I get 184MB/s per file, so absolutely no change. I have tested just now with 2 external USB3 hard drives and a handful of Kingston and Integral flash drives (USB2 and USB3) and all perform the same as before.
    I am not saying you are mistaken in your assessment of performance but if you have issues it doesn't seem to be the drivers being supplied by Microsoft that are at fault here, at least not based on my system.

Pejole2165, May 4, 2021
Thema:

1. 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver - Similar Threads - 20H2 removed Intel

2. Can't install Intel Drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't install Intel Drivers: hi when i try to install intel drivers on my Skytech Shiva Gaming PC when i run the intel Installer i receive error code 8 No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. and if i try to install it manually in device manager i get error code 31 This device is...
  3. Can't install Intel Drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install Intel Drivers: hi when i try to install intel drivers on my Skytech Shiva Gaming PC when i run the intel Installer i receive error code 8 No driver was found that can be installed on the current device. and if i try to install it manually in device manager i get error code 31 This device is...
  4. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  5. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Intel Driver: If I have outdated Intel driver, can I still play genshin impact? My intel uhd driver is still up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-driver/375d3b5d-8443-48c1-9d74-d34b36c4a6c8
  6. Intel Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel Driver: When I updated to the new intel update to fix some of my games from acting really slow it worked but when I played the games for long or when I played certain games like Roblox my entire computer crashed without A BSOD or any warning. Does anybody know how to fix this?...
  7. unable to install intel graphic driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    unable to install intel graphic driver: im getting the error " your computer does not meet the minimum system requirements to install this software " while installing the display driver [ATTACH] can you please tell me why im getting the error ? ,in the device manager --> display drivers i cannot see the...
  8. Intel drivers

Intel drivers: What are DCH drivers . Is it available for my pc in future..? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/intel-drivers/fa08c135-7717-4f1e-b770-dbbf597709bb
  9. installation of drivers for Intel HD4400

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    installation of drivers for Intel HD4400: Hi, I reinstalled Win10 the other day, but now windows update only install driver version 10.18.15.4248. I manage to install the latest driver provided by Intel by uninstalling the driver and rebooting to safe mode, and install the latest one. But when i reboot into...
  10. Intel drivers

Intel drivers: After trying to figure it out as to why my laptop kept freezing, I came to a conclusion that Windows is too bugged/Intel drivers are corrupt/bugged. Essentially, a few months ago, I "solved" my computer's freezing bug, where I couldn't use my mouse, keyboard and pretty...