Windows 10: 20h2 results in missing operating system - any fix known?

Discus and support 20h2 results in missing operating system - any fix known? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Lenovo m90p, installation of 20h2 update to windows 10 consistently corrupts the C: partition of the disk and results in system refusing to boot with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by taggar, Apr 6, 2021.

1. taggar Win User

20h2 results in missing operating system - any fix known?

Lenovo m90p, installation of 20h2 update to windows 10 consistently corrupts the C: partition of the disk and results in system refusing to boot with "Missing operating system".

Many hours wasted already - tried pretty much everything I could find, to no avail.

Anyone know of a fix other than reinstalling and consequently wasting yet more hours?

:)

taggar, Apr 6, 2021
  2. NavyLCDR Win User

Installing KB4592438, KB4586853 results in "Missing operating system"

He won't be able to do an in-place repair because of the bug in early releases of 20H2 that prevents it. That's part of the reason @jaap Verhage is trying to install the KB updates, to repair the bug.

Here is an apparent registry fix that will also fix the bug:
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Then I would suggest getting the latest build of Windows 10 available from "TechBench" which is 19042.631 and doing the in-place upgrade repair with that:
    TechBench by WZT (v4.1.1)

20h2 results in missing operating system - any fix known? [​IMG]

That should get things going on the right track again.

NavyLCDR, Apr 6, 2021
  3. zbook Win User
    Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Apr 6, 2021
  4. Bing54088 Win User

After updates Windows 10 says "Missing operating system"

I have the same issue, and I followed your suggestion steps. After that, I can see C: drive, and Windows folder is there.

Then I rebooted the computer. But I still have the missing the operation system issue. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Bing54088, Apr 6, 2021
Thema:

1. 20h2 results in missing operating system - any fix known? - Similar Threads - 20h2 results missing

2. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  3. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Missing operating system: When I turn on my HP G60 notebook I am faced with a message saying "Missing Operating System", I know why it is happening, I accidentally deleted system reserved partition, I dont have installation media, I use windows 10...
  4. Missing operating system

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing operating system: My PC froze so I restarted it then it says to diagnose and repair then repair failed so went to advanced options tried system restore failed tried reset pc failed then lastly restore from sydtem image failed then came the missing operating system.Please can anyone help I'm...
  5. Installing KB4592438 results in "Missing operating system"

Installing KB4592438 results in "Missing operating system": Yesterday, I tried installing KB4592438 om my Dell Latitude E6410 laptop with Windows 10 20H2 build 19042.572 64-bit. The PC has an almost new Samsung 860 EVO 2 TB SSD. The install seemed to run fine, but after restarting the PC, I got the message "Missing operating system"...
  6. missing an operating system

missing an operating system: so ever since I bought my Lenovo Ideapad 320, i have been experiencing the same struggle. i would be using my laptop normally then it just turns into a black screen and when I restart it, it tells me that system needs repair so I try all the advanced options and nothing...
  7. Can’t boot into any operating system and shows “Missing operating system” error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can’t boot into any operating system and shows “Missing operating system” error: Hello, I installed Fedora and decided I didn’t like it, so I wanted to go back to Windows. I still had my Windows partition and GRUB wouldn’t show, so I tried to make it show and messed up in the process, and ended up wanting to restore the Windows bootloader. I tried doing...
  8. "Missing Operating System"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    "Missing Operating System": After the last Windows update I received an error message "Missing Operating System". The issue occurred when the system started to reboot after update. I did everything that I could, including the system repair, recovery from the system image. I used safe mode but cannot...
  9. Operating system missing

Operating system missing: i downloaded an update to a program i use at work, turns out it was a virus or malware and changed several registry files and removed admin access. My laptop then started downloading programs and installing them, opening several webpages, and trying to run a virus scan that...
  10. Missing operating system

Missing operating system: Hi, after the automatic update of my laptop toshiba, there was an error when i boot my computer. Then, in the left top corner there was this message error : Missing operating system. So, i check on other tread and some people said to load the command on an usb device with...