Windows 10: 20H2 sound and video problems

Discus and support 20H2 sound and video problems in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Koethis, Mar 21, 2021.

1. 20H2 sound and video problems

So I updated my my windows 10 a few days ago, which i’m not using anymore because I went back to the previous version, but when I updated it my sound would not work and my videos, browser videos, wallpaper engine and games kept stuttering. The video would work for a second and stop on and on. But this would only happen if I switch to a different playback sound device. I have 3 playbacks that I am using, speakers, chat and game from my arctis 7. The sound and video stuttering only happens when I am using the game device. Any suggestions on how to fix this problem ?

submitted by /u/Koethis
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Koethis, Mar 21, 2021
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Trouble with Sound on videos stopping?

Hi,

There are several factors that may cause this issue. To narrow down the concern, we’d like to ask a few questions.

• When did you start experiencing the issue?
    • Have you made any changes prior to this concern?
    • Are you getting an error message when the video stop playing?
    • Have you tried to clear cached and delete cookies?

For now, we suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps provided in this article:
    Fix sound problems.

Marby Rey, Mar 21, 2021
  3. Sound problem

Hi,

We need to investigate further so that we can identify the cause of the issue. We suggest running the Troubleshooter and see if it helps. Follow the steps below:

• Type and select Troubleshooting on the Search bar/Cortana.
    • Click Hardware and Sound.
    • Select Playing Audio under Sound.
    • Follow the steps that will be provided.
    If the steps does not work. We suggest downloading a fresh copy of the audio driver from Realtek and see if it helps.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 21, 2021
  4. cadaveca Win User

20H2 sound and video problems

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue 20H2 sound and video problems :p

cadaveca, Mar 21, 2021
Thema:

20H2 sound and video problems

1. 20H2 sound and video problems - Similar Threads - 20H2 sound video

2. WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    WIndows 10 20h2 Sound problem: Lost sound bass which happend when i updated to v1909. But got fixed after some released updates. Now it happened again with 20h2. I know its not the driver issue because i tried various versions before. Using realtek Hd2.81. Core 15-2400 hyper x cloud headphone Dunno what...
  3. No sound problems on video chat

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  4. No sound problems on video chat

in Windows 10 Support
    No sound problems on video chat: No expert at all so having big problems on video chat as whilst I can hear and see them they can only see me, not hear. Taken a screen pic of sound settings which hopefully will reveal what's wrong.... Much appreciate any help thanks 153438
  5. Problem with sound and video after awhile

Problem with sound and video after awhile: Hi after playing a video on netflix for a few minutes. It suddenly freezes. When I went to youtube to check. The videos just keep loading and the sound doesn't play anymore. No problem with internet. I tried restarting the laptop and it fixes it for awhile but the problem...
  6. video+sound sync problems (and more)

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    video+sound sync problems (and more): I have not had any BSODs on my system but I am experiencing a range of problems that I cannot find the cause of. Symptoms: The first time I turn on the computer & login, if I play any videos, the sound & video fall out of sync. This is consistent. What is strange is clicking...
  7. PC sound, video and more problems.

PC sound, video and more problems.: Hi! So yesterday, my pc started to act strange. It all happened when I listened to music while playing games. First the music froze and it made a buzzing sound, so I shut my game and music off. Then any program I tried to start after the initial incident either wouldn’t start...
  8. Windows 10 problems with video and sound

Windows 10 problems with video and sound: Hi, I have today after 2.5 years of waiting again try to upgrade from windows 7 to 10 and experienced heavy issues with video and sound not playing smooth. I have updated all drivers and video card to the latest software version, but nothing helps, so just again going back to...
  9. Windows 10 sound and video problems

Windows 10 sound and video problems: I am unable to get sound or other media to play when I first boot up into Windows. If I restart the computer, it clears and everything works normally. Details: If I try to play an audio file it seems to load the file. The transport changes from Play to Pause so it thinks...
  10. Sound and Video Problems

Sound and Video Problems: Been a day since I installed it and I can't for the life of figure out how to enable sound. I've done most of the basic checks that I could think of - Tried to troubleshoot, tried to update drivers via Device Manager, Enabled Windows Audio via Services etc.. but nothing...