Windows 10: 20H2 Stuck at 35% Installing

Discus and support 20H2 Stuck at 35% Installing in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; So after wondering why my crappy broadband was crawling this afternoon i discovered 20H2 had kicked itself off. 6.5 hours later it finally finishes,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by wolfie138, Jan 26, 2021.

1. wolfie138 Win User

20H2 Stuck at 35% Installing

So after wondering why my crappy broadband was crawling this afternoon i discovered 20H2 had kicked itself off. 6.5 hours later it finally finishes, but now i'm at the "Status: Installing" stage, and as per the title it's been sat at 35% for about 15 mins.
    Any advice please?

:)

wolfie138, Jan 26, 2021

2. Windows 10 Update stuck at 35% completed

Hi Johanson,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per the description I understand that your device is stuck at 35% of installation of Windows Updates, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you using wired/ wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed any anti-virus software on your device?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?

This issue might be due to the anti-virus software or corrupted Windows Update Components.

I suggest you to remove all the external devices except mouse and keyboard, hard reboot the computer and perform the below troubleshooting steps.

Method 1:

Step 1: I suggest you to switch to wired connection (Connected the internet cable to your device) and try if you are able to install the Windows Updates. Also, try to uninstall the anti-virus
    software installed on your device.

If the issue still persists,

Step 2: I suggest you to
    run the Windows Update troubleshooter and check.

Windows Update Troubleshooter resolves problems that prevents you from updating windows.

Steps:

• Press Windows key and type
      Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Troubleshooting and click on
      View all in the left pane.
    • Select Windows Update to run theWindows Update Troubleshooter
      and follow the on-screen instructions.

If the issue still persists then,

Method 2: I suggest you to try the steps mentioned in
    Reset Windows Update components
    and check if you are able to find the Windows Updates.

Registry disclaimer: Important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that
    you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs.

Refer to the below article to backup and restore the registry in Windows:

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: The above links applies to Windows 10 as well.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Deepika Gowda, Jan 26, 2021
  3. ozegirl Win User
    Windows 7 Update Stuck at 35% (Configuring Windows Updates 35% Complete)

I had the exact problem as described in your first paragraph.... did the disk cleanup, stuck at 100% stuck at 35%..... .. I restarted in safe mode...stuck at 35% again...I came up here to write a post , before I submitted it went back to check status and
    it was at the Cleaning phase...just as you said..... I found your post when I googled for "cleaning.. do not shut off computer" .....I read KenVrd's solution below and was resigned to having to try and get into DOS mode and try his suggestions... but when
    I went back to the computer it had got to the log in screen! I logged on, and then restarted from safe mode back to normal mode...started up fine! And all window updates were successfully installed!

I read on another forum that sometimes booting up in safe mode helps the update installation to finish... so maybe that's what happened here... anyway hope this gives some hope to some other person who gets into this trouble....

ozegirl, Jan 26, 2021
  4. Y KLeung Win User

Windows 7 Update Stuck at 35% (Configuring Windows Updates 35% Complete)

Same experience. Go to safe mode and stuck on 35% for a while until hard disk light not flesh, then hard rebot, go to normal starup, stuck on 35% again. Wait until i turn to clean up screen. Finally reach login screen.

Y KLeung, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

1. 20H2 Stuck at 35% Installing - Similar Threads - 20H2 Stuck 35%

2. Print Layout in Word stuck at 35%

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Print Layout in Word stuck at 35%: Print Layout in Word stuck at 35% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-layout-in-word-stuck-at-35/8a664b2d-fea9-4ecd-b76c-8abddd3d33af
  3. Print Layout in Word stuck at 35%

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Print Layout in Word stuck at 35%: Print Layout in Word stuck at 35% https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/print-layout-in-word-stuck-at-35/8a664b2d-fea9-4ecd-b76c-8abddd3d33af
  4. Windows 8.1 Recovery not working stuck on 35%

Windows 8.1 Recovery not working stuck on 35%: My old laptop got a virus or something and I couldn't use it properly for years.It was super slow and I couldn't even check for virus or update because of the loading time.So I tried to reset it but the reset option wouldn't even come up so I did Alt+F10 when I was turning on...
  5. Update version 20h2 stuck at 35 percent

Update version 20h2 stuck at 35 percent: Hello every oneI tried to update my laptop to version 20h2 but its stuck at 35 percent. I tried once restart laptop and then it stuck on 25 percent. I tried command windows net wu... but ut didnt work. I use scf command too but didnt find any thing. Dism code have error 2...
  6. Update version 20h2 stuck at 35 percent

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update version 20h2 stuck at 35 percent: Hello every oneI tried to update my laptop to version 20h2 but its stuck at 35 percent. I tried once restart laptop and then it stuck on 25 percent. I tried command windows net wu... but ut didnt work. I use scf command too but didnt find any thing. Dism code have error 2...
  7. Update version 20h2 stuck at 35 percent

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. 20H2 update installation stuck at 91%

20H2 update installation stuck at 91%: Hello, I was updating windows on my laptop, the Download is completed for 20H2 update but installation process stucked at 91%. O watching it from last few days . Whenever I on my laptop I just wait to complete the installation process. Please any...
  9. Factory reset stuck on 35%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Factory reset stuck on 35%: So I’m trying to clean my laptop completely because I’m going to sell it, but when I proceeded with the factory reset, it got stuck on 35% and it doesn’t want to move, I don’t know what to do, my laptop has fairly good specs, so I really can’t understand why is taking so long...
  10. Working on updates 35% complete STUCK

Working on updates 35% complete STUCK: Dell Inspirion 15 Windows 10, stuck for nearly an hour at 35 percent update. Blue screen. Please help. I am not a techie. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/working-on-updates-35-complete-stuck/a5a569e0-2fcc-47d8-8f81-b70cd21f1f40

Users found this page by searching for:

1. update 20H2 hangs 35%