Windows 10: 20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and...

Discus and support 20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Ever since updating to 20H2, every time I want to change the volume or skip/rewind track using the keyboard media keys, it takes forever to do so.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/durga_pokala, Nov 15, 2020.

1. 20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and...

Ever since updating to 20H2, every time I want to change the volume or skip/rewind track using the keyboard media keys, it takes forever to do so.

Also, Alt-Tab seems to be broken for me. I went into settings and made sure Microsoft Edge tabs don't show up in Alt-Tab (so the behavior should the same as pre-20H2). However, Alt-Tab seems to be skipping windows sometimes? Like if I have Window1, Window2, and Window3 open, Alt-Tab should cycle between Window1 and Window2. But for me it sometimes cycles Window1 and Window3, and sometimes Window1 and Window2. It really trips up my workflow.

Is anyone else experiencing the same issues?

submitted by /u/durga_pokala
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/durga_pokala, Nov 15, 2020
  2. Akumos Win User

Windows Media Player - Skip Track Shortcut?

Hi

My keyboard only has play and stop hotkeys, using Windows Media Player is there a way to make a keyboard shortcut to skip track, even if media player isn't the primary window?

Thanks

Akumos, Nov 15, 2020
  3. Keyboard Shortcut For Volume Control

Hello Lenny,

To better assist you with your concern, I'd like to know the following:

• Confirm which build is currently installed on your device. To check, follow the steps below:
    • Press Windows key + R, then type in winver.
    • Click OK
    • What is the make and model of your computer?
    • Are you using a laptop keyboard or external keyboard?
    Adjusting the volume levels using the keyboard shortcuts depends if your device/keyboard supports media keys.

Meanwhile, let's try creating a shortcut key for the Master Volume. Refer to the steps below:

1. Right-click on an empty area on Desktop, then select
    New
    and Shortcut.

2. Copy and paste the location below:

C:\\Windows\System32\SndVol.exe -T 76611119 0

3. Click on Next button and provide a name for the said Shortcut and click Finish.

4. Right-click on it and select Properties.

5. Assigned your desired shortcut key like F11 or F10 by just pressing it in the
    Shortcut key area.

6. Click Apply and Click OK to save changes.

Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Melchizedek Qui, Nov 15, 2020
  4. 20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and...

sneekypeet, Nov 15, 2020
Thema:

20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and...

1. 20H2 taking forever to change volume/skip tracks with keyboard media shortcut keys and... - Similar Threads - 20H2 taking forever

2. Tracking toggles keyboard shortcut request

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tracking toggles keyboard shortcut request: there are times when I need to focus on content; and, then there are times that I need to focus on what I am typing.It would be great to be able to toggle the Magnifier focus modes from the keyboard. I could place my mouse on a webpage on monitor 2, with a text editor on the...
  3. Tracking toggles keyboard shortcut request

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tracking toggles keyboard shortcut request: there are times when I need to focus on content; and, then there are times that I need to focus on what I am typing.It would be great to be able to toggle the Magnifier focus modes from the keyboard. I could place my mouse on a webpage on monitor 2, with a text editor on the...
  4. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  5. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taking forever: I am the owner of an Acer Nitro 5 which meets what is needed to upgrade to windows 11. For the past 2 weeks I have been checking on the update and security and all I get are update for defender and so on but i have not been able to get the upgrade. And yes I did to the health...
  6. Taking forever

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. sculpt ergonomic keyboard skip to previous media track not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    sculpt ergonomic keyboard skip to previous media track not working: Hi there, I got the Sculpt Ergonomic Keyboard using the Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center and I when I assign the "skip to previous media track" function to one of the function keys F3, it doesn't work - at least not with spotify. Btw, the same is true "skip to next media...
  8. Keyboard shortcut for volume?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard shortcut for volume?: Hi All! I have spent a long time trying to find a keyboard shortcut to turn the volume up or down. That failed so I tried to make a hotkey but don't know how to code so that also failed. Am I missing something or is there a way to get it to work? thank you. submitted by...
  9. I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I dont have media shortcut keys in my keyboard so is there windows shortcut for media keys?...: Like title says. I dont have media shortcut keys on my keyboard and when i google i didnt find any windows shortcut keys for this. Is there a windows shortcut for this or maybe a third-party macro program which will not get me banned because of anti-cheats? submitted by...
  10. keyboard key skipping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    keyboard key skipping: i have chaged my keyboard 3 times, motherboad and hard drive single time but the problem in window 10 key skipping has not been resolved by the company itself. i already has installed, reset, restore the window 8 times as per the Dell assistant assist me, but still i am...