Windows 10: 20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question

Discus and support 20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have the "Light" theme enable and I really like the the transparent tile backgrounds. I have noted that some of my start menu tiles are NOT... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nick, Nov 17, 2020.

1. Nick Win User

20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question

I have the "Light" theme enable and I really like the the transparent tile backgrounds.

I have noted that some of my start menu tiles are NOT transparent.

IE:

I have tiles for various folders.

I have also have a tile for Google Chrome.

All of the above tiles however have dark background instead of transparent.

Here's an example:

20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question 829347a3-ecaa-4a10-bbb0-cbc0ca661914?upload=true.jpg

Is there a way to make these tiles transparent ?

Or not ?

I have tried unpinning the non transparent tiles and then pinning them anew but that doesn't work.

Thanks

:)

2. Durahl Win User

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

Greetings

I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile.

I can't even screenshot to show of the effect because it would turn the problematic area with not enough transparency entirely opaque so third world grade photos will have to do:

This is how my Start Full Screen would normally look like - Opaque Tiles on a 95% transparent layer slightly darkening the Desktop Background Image visible behind it:

20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question [​IMG]

This is how it now looks after the 20H2 update - Transparent tiles on a ~50% transparent grey layer almost blotting out my DBI:

Is there a way to up the transparency of that layer to bring back the look of the 2004 version?

Durahl, Nov 17, 2020
  3. PRMyx Win User
    Start Menu Tiles Transparency

I just installed the feature update 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) but my live tiles still aren't transparent. Is there anything that I must do to get that?

PRMyx, Nov 17, 2020
  4. altae Win User

The One Feature the Win 10 Start Menu Lacks: Transparent Live Tiles

There are far more features missing. For example having different "All Programs" lists for apps and desktop software, the possibility to show Control Panel and PC Settings items in a list directly in start menu, generally lots of possibilities to customize the start menu... Transparent live tiles is not really on my top priority list. But for other users this might be different. Until MS let's me customize my start menu I'll stick to Classic Shell too.

altae, Nov 17, 2020
Thema:

1. 20H2. Transparent start menu tiles question - Similar Threads - 20H2 Transparent start

2. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  3. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  4. 20H2 update transparent tiles

20H2 update transparent tiles: I like the transparent tiles look, but not all of the apps have customisation and I was wondering if this was something that was going to be done to the rest of them, such as mahjong, taptiles, etc as the contrast looks quite odd. [ATTACH]...
  5. 20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency

20H2 FullScreen Start Menu Transparency: Greetings I just installed the 20H2 Test version of Win10 mainly for the Start Menu now having transparent tiles similar to how they were on W10M but alas I can't really enjoy it because of the "lack" of transparency for everything that is NOT a tile. I can't even...
  6. Start Menu Tiles Transparency

Start Menu Tiles Transparency: I just installed the feature update 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) but my live tiles still aren't transparent. Is there anything that I must do to get that? [img] 163326
  7. new transparent start tiles

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new transparent start tiles: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DirtyOKD [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hrj9lj/new_transparent_start_tiles/
  8. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: Hello, I didn't use this OS for a long and after coming back I've noticed that the start menu isn't transparent anymore? The taskbar is (and it's blurry somewhy), but the start menu is dark gray. I think it was like this after the white theme update, not sure... Is there a...
  9. Transparent start menu?

Transparent start menu?: I've been looking around for the last few days trying to find a way to make the start menu completely transparent. And to no avail, nothing works. So if anyone knows a surefire way to make it so it is transparent (not translucent) please tell me submitted by /u/PeakCartoon...
  10. Start menu transparency

Start menu transparency: i currently have the transparency turned on and the colors are to my liking but I was wondering is there a way to make the background more transparent and to change the icons background color for messed up icons. What I want to do is make the main part a bit more transparent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 20h2 transparency