Windows 10: 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor

Discus and support 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; My PC just updated to 20H2 and now it doesn't see my secong monitor despite it coming up with the ASUS logo when I start it up!Help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AlexMcLeod5, Jun 9, 2021.

1. 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor

My PC just updated to 20H2 and now it doesn't see my secong monitor despite it coming up with the ASUS logo when I start it up!Help

:)

AlexMcLeod5, Jun 9, 2021

2. Second monitor not detected after update

Hi Tom,

There are several reasons that could have caused the issue you are experiencing. One of these is the update you previously performed in Windows, either it was not configured properly by the system or the update components were corrupted. Kindly answer the
    following questions for clarification:

• Have you tried updating the monitor and display drivers?
    • Have you tried to use another user profile to check if the issue re-occurs?

Furthermore, we suggest that you add the other monitor manually. This is to ensure that the second monitor is still connected after the update. Here are the steps:

• Type connected devices and open Connected Devices on the
      Windows Search bar.
    • Click Add devices.
    • Select the Second screen.
    • Pick one of the 3 options: Duplicate, Extend, and the Second screen only.
    • The Duplicate option will duplicate the primary display to secondary display.
    • The Extend option will unite two monitors so you can use them both as one.
    • The Second screen only option will, obviously, disable primary and use only the secondary monitor.
    • Once you’ve chosen the preferred mode, save changes.

We're looking forward to your response.

PreciousLeb, Jun 9, 2021
  3. Second monitor screen resolution problem

Hi,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your second monitor screen resolution, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?

• When did the issue first begin?

• To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you try resetting your monitor settings, and check if the issue still persists. You may refer to your monitor on how to reset it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 9, 2021
  4. 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor

I accidentally hit the update button instead of postpone and now my second monitor does not work.

Hello,

I suggest you to unplug the cable from the monitor and connect to the second monitor, and check if it works.

Also, suggest you to follow the below steps, and check if it helps.
    1. Press Windows + X, and select Device manager.
    2. Check if the second monitor is listed under Monitor.

Also, recommend you to refer below link answered by

KelvinNikkel , and check if it helps in resolving the issue.
    Why Does My Second Monitor Not Work With The Windows 10 Update?

Do let us know with the update of the issue.

Thank you.

Pratiksha Devadiga, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

20H2 Update - can't find second monitor

1. 20H2 Update - can't find second monitor - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update can't

2. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  3. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't detect a second monitor: HiMy laptop don't find my second monitor, I already try the window's + P, unistalling the drivers and reinstalling again and nothing, the second monitor is always in black.In the past this monitor works but after a windows updated the screen is always blackCan someone help me...
  4. Can't detect a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. computer can't detect second monitor

computer can't detect second monitor: I recently restored my system from a recovery usb stick. I am currently dual booting Windows and Linux. When I use Linux, my computer can use the second monitor just fine, so the monitor itself works. When I go to Display and click Detect, it says "Didn't detect another...
  6. Can't update to 20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to 20H2: I have windows 1903 , build 18362.1139 and I can't update to 20H2 because it give me this error: 0xC1900101 - 0x20017 i tried both standard windows update and with media creation tool, i also removed all unsigned drivers and tried a clean boot. Error log:...
  7. Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Second Monitor issues - There is no second monitor: I have had Windows 10 for a while but now for some reason it thinks I have two monitors (which I dont) and when I try to troubleshoot and go through settings, the settings window is now opening on this invisible second monitor.. Anyone know what to do? I'm not that great...
  8. Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10

Second monitor can't be detected after updating to windows 10: I recently upgraded to windows 10 64bit and now my second monitor is not working, the second monitor is connected from a vga to displayport adapter and it worked fine in windows 7. I tired using the force detect but it still can't be detected and i have the latest graphics...
  9. Windows can't detect a second monitor.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows can't detect a second monitor.: Please help me before I lose my mind. I recently took out a screen from my old laptop, got the control board for it and decided to make it a 2nd monitor. As my graphics card only has 1 HMDI output that I use for my main monitor, this second monitor is connected by HDMI (on...
  10. Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Second monitor can't be detected after windows update.: Updates have been wreaking havoc on my computer over the last few months. In a couple of cases I was able to regain normal operation by rolling back the update via system restore. However, twice now including today the update has left my computer (HP Pavilion laptop) unable...