Windows 10: 20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything

Discus and support 20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying for a few months to download this update, and it simply won't. I'll give you the exact details, and then attempt to recall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ConnorLoeffler, Jun 15, 2021.

1. 20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything

Hello, I have been trying for a few months to download this update, and it simply won't. I'll give you the exact details, and then attempt to recall what methods I've tried of fixing it. I do not wish to use the media creation tool or anything like that, by the way.I click, "Install now", and it makes an attempt. It will fail at 70% - 99%.I don't know how many things I have tried to get this fixed...- Booted safe mode, deleted SoftwareDistribution folder then restarted out of safe mode, it always completes the download, but never the installation- Used Microsoft Update Catalog to download them

:)

ConnorLoeffler, Jun 15, 2021

2. BSOD Page fault when updating to 20H2 - Electric Boogaloo

Hello

I'm attempting to upgrade to 20H2 but have been stopped for the last couple of months by BSOD incurred by Intel Engine Management Interface.

I came across this thread which seemed promissing as the person involved had the same motherboard as and seemingly the same cause.
    I tried all of the suggestions in that thread in order to figure out what the cause or fix could be. Sadly none of them worked.

These are the steps I undertook in order:
    - Reseated the RAM (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Clean install (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Installed msi intel Management provided by MSI (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)
    - Disabled the device in device Management (Failure to install upgrade afterwards)

I've ran a short memtest to see if any quick issues popped and that was not the case.

20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything [​IMG]

I've updated the information on my profile to reflect my device as accurately as possible.

Log Files below
    DESKTOP-OGA4PO6-(2021-01-21_17-13-14).zip

DeWulfJens, Jun 15, 2021
  3. dabour Win User
    Built in device failure prevent windows 10 update to 20H2

I managed to update to Windows 20H2 successfully, tried to use Ztruker’s suggestion using PowerShell during restart but no go. So I stopped using Windows 10 Update Assistant and tried the other one he gave me using the ISO image and it succeeded.

I’ll list what I did in case it helps someone:
    • Stopped Windows Update from downloading and installing drivers for the dead AMD card in Group Policy like this:
      Go to the section Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Device Installation Restrictions. Enable the policy “Prevent installation of devices that match any of these device IDs”.
    • Used Microsoft Media Creation Tool to download the latest Windows (20H2).
    • Disconnect from the internet to prevent downloading update or drivers.
    • Mounted the ISO image, opened it and run Setup from within Windows.

This way prevented the downloading of a driver for the AMD card and made the update finish successfully.
    When the update finished and desktop opened, I went to the Device Manager and the card wasn’t there and to Group Policy to check on device driver roll and it was there. Also all my apps and files were intact.

I wish to thank Ztruker and Try3 for helping me I appreciate it guys very much.

dabour, Jun 15, 2021
  4. 20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything

Installing 20H2 update

Are there any disadvantages about installing Windows 10 20H2 update from Beta Channel

SyedNoor Ali, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything

1. 20H2 Update Installation Failure, I have tried everything - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update Installation

2. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything: Hello all,I have an issue browsing websites from my laptop, i get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Its the same error no matter which website I try to access. I have a working wifi connection, laptop is connected to the wifi, I see data packages send back and forth...
  3. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR, I have tried everything: Hello all,I have an issue browsing websites from my laptop, i get the error message ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR. Its the same error no matter which website I try to access. I have a working wifi connection, laptop is connected to the wifi, I see data packages send back and forth...
  4. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot install an update and have tried everything.: I have been trying to install:2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5012157and2022-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5010472Both give the error of...
  5. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot install an update and have tried everything.: I have been trying to install:2022-04 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5012157and2022-02 Cumulative Update Preview for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8 for Windows 10 Version 21H2 for x64 KB5010472Both give the error of...
  6. I cannot install an update and have tried everything.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Update to 20H2 failure

Update to 20H2 failure: My system has made four attempts to update to 20H2,and failed each time. My current OS is 1909 build 18363.1556, and the last successful update was 11/11/2020.Three of the update attempts follow the same pattern:-Feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2 3Last failed install...
  8. Failure to install Windows update 20H2

Failure to install Windows update 20H2: I'm currently trying to update my device to Windows 10 20H2, while trying to install, windows opens up a new window asking me to manually uninstall "VirtualBox" i looked everywhere on my device, i don't seem to have that app at all...
  9. Windows Won't Update, I have tried everything

Windows Won't Update, I have tried everything: My PC can update to 1903 build. This wouldn't bother me too much, but my computer restarts multiple times a day, every day, trying to complete the install. This is annoying. I keep losing unsaved data. I have tried windows update troubleshooter. It says it fixes issues,...
  10. Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything

Windows Update Failure - Tried Everything: Hi Everyone, So I have been having major issues with my PC for several months now. I currently have installed Windows 10 home and for as long as I can remember the Feature update to Windows 10, version 1803 has been failing every time. The update manages to download onto my...