Windows 10: 20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers

Discus and support 20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After the update, my gpu drivers were uninstalled. It brought me into an automatic repair loop, temporarily fixed by going into safe mode > device... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Marisolar, Nov 20, 2020.

1. Marisolar Win User

20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers

After the update, my gpu drivers were uninstalled. It brought me into an automatic repair loop, temporarily fixed by going into safe mode > device manager > disable radeon 5500 XT > restart. Every time I try to install my gpu drivers, it doesnt finish the download and black screens.

:)

Marisolar, Nov 20, 2020

2. Automatic driver update ruined my laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to Rollback to the previous update using the Device Manager

Follow the steps to update the Graphics Card drivers:

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click
      Enter.
    • Expand Display Adapter
    • Double-click on the Graphics card.
    • In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on
      Roll Back Driver.
    This driver update might show up again in the Windows Update. Therefore, you can prevent it from installing by following the steps mentioned in the below article:

How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Nov 20, 2020
  3. mverzz Win User
    AMD Graphics Driver freezes after 20H2 feature update, need help!

Dear Support forum,

Yesterday I installed the feature update 20H2.

After logging back-on a pop-up showed that the AMD graphic driver was not installed, which it was before the update.

However whenever I try to install any AMD graphic driver, the screen freezes completely.

When I restart by hard reset, the screen freezes already during the loading process (for example the circling dots before log-in screen).

The only way I can still log-in is by starting in Safe Mode, and/or by disabling the graphic driver completely as otherwise Windows is trying to install any update.

I have tried restoring my system via System Restore, didnt help. Tried to roll back the feature update, but unable to, Windows is asking me to completely reset.

I have tried installing a new driver via AMD website, Driver Booster, Windows Update, Device Manager.. nothing worked, everytime during the installing process the screen will freeze completely.

Some computer data, hope its sufficient:

ACER Aspire E1 Series

Windows

Windows 10 Home - 64 bits

Version 20H2, OS build 19042.546

Processor

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4200U CPU @ 1.60GHz 2.29 GHz

Graphic Cards

AMD Radeon HD 8750M

Intel HD Graphics Family

I hope any of you have any suggestions to help me out!

Kind regards,

Max

mverzz, Nov 20, 2020
  4. 20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers

Intel Graphic Driver Update

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We do understand your concern and we will be happy to help you regarding this.

Please answer the below questions:

• What exactly happens when you launch the game?
    • Do you get any error message?

I request you to try the following steps:

Uninstall and Reinstall the Graphics Card Drivers.

Step 1: Uninstall the Graphics Card
    Drivers

• Right click on Start menu.

• Click on “Device Manager” from that list.

• Search for the Graphics Card
      from the device list, right click on it and then select “Uninstall”. On the un-installation window, if you have an option: “Delete the driver software for this device” you may select that and then remove the corrupted drivers
      from the computer.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to complete it and then restart the computer if prompted.
    After the restart, please go ahead with the next steps to install the latest drivers and check if that resolves the issue.

Step 2: Go to the Computer or Graphics Card
    manufacturer’s website and search for the latest Windows 10 drivers available for the
    Graphics Card model and then install it by following the instructions given in the website.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Amit(Kumar), Nov 20, 2020
Thema:

20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers

1. 20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers - Similar Threads - 20H2 Update ruined

2. Updating My Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating My Graphics Driver: My current graphics driver is AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, a relatively old driver, that is not efficient enough for an app that I am trying to run. So i went to install an updated version of it: AMD Adrenalin 24.1.1I got the file for it off this site...
  3. Updating My Graphics Driver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Updating My Graphics Driver: My current graphics driver is AMD Ryzen 5 5500U, a relatively old driver, that is not efficient enough for an app that I am trying to run. So i went to install an updated version of it: AMD Adrenalin 24.1.1I got the file for it off this site...
  4. graphics driver updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    graphics driver updates: Are there any available driver updates for my laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/graphics-driver-updates/417fd5f7-5670-4dac-8506-d584e97e84ac
  5. Windows 10 version 20H2. Update is ruining my experience .

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 version 20H2. Update is ruining my experience .: I can't install the latest update despite it being installed. I've jumped through hoops trying to get Windows 10 to update fully. Check disk doesn't work, stopping the BITS service doesnt work, I've tried every forum to get this working. I've installed drivers, I've tried...
  6. 20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    20H2 Update ruined my Graphics Drivers: After the update, my gpu drivers were uninstalled. It brought me into an automatic repair loop, temporarily fixed by going into safe mode > device manager > disable radeon 5500 XT > restart. Every time I try to install my gpu drivers, it doesnt finish the download and black...
  7. Graphics driver update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Graphics driver update: Every time I do a windows update my driver version goes back to version 15 2015 version and then I have to manually update my driver again. I have an AMD driver. Is it possible to prevent windows update from changing my driver version?...
  8. Updating graphics driver

Updating graphics driver: How do I update Windows 10 graphics driver from 23.21.13.9125 to 24.21.13.9924? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/updating-graphics-driver/19329e05-e070-446c-aec2-b3823b5fd277
  9. New update ruined graphics card

New update ruined graphics card: This new update (KB4465477) has made it so my projector and graphics card no longer work together. The computer was plugged in to the projector, everything worked fine, and then I updated, when the computer restarted from this update, my projector notified me that I was out...
  10. Windows Update ruined my Graphic card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update ruined my Graphic card: Sinces a few updates ago (everything worked well on march of this year) My Photoshop started to has issues and then, my Blender startet to render a really horrible 3D images using my gpu, I really tried to avoid these updates but you didn't let me, you forced me to update,...