Windows 10: 20H2 upgrade issue

Discus and support 20H2 upgrade issue in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by petermoha, Mar 14, 2021.

1. petermoha Win User

20H2 upgrade issue

after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in

:)

petermoha, Mar 14, 2021
  2. OldNavyGuy, Mar 14, 2021
  3. CadErik Win User
    20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Mar 14, 2021
  4. CadErik Win User

20H2 upgrade issue

20H2 and Firewire/Audio issues

I have a MOTU Ultralike MK3 which I have connected through Firewire on my desktop.

My specs:

• ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard
    • AMD 3800X
    • 32 Gb DDR4
    • Vantec PCIe Firewire interface with Ti chipset

Before my upgrade to 20H2 - my playback was quite stable but since this upgrade, I'm getting a bunch of weird playback glitches. That is not even under load. I just play a file in JRMC with the ASIO interface and I get multiple drop-outs glitches. The playback
    definitely stops for 1 sec or so, there is no level showing up anymore during that second on my audio interface.

I changed two times already the firewire cable, and the firewire card as well.

My bios doesn't have a lot of options and I have the legacy 1394 driver installed which used to work quite nicely.

Any suggestions?

CadErik, Mar 14, 2021
Thema:

20H2 upgrade issue

1. 20H2 upgrade issue - Similar Threads - 20H2 upgrade issue

2. In-place upgrade 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In-place upgrade 20H2 issue: We are working on IPU TS to upgrade the win1909 to win 20H2. The TS is struck in "Upgrade Operating System" sequence on some devices. We found in the setupact.log that the error occurs in Add driver file processing driver Conexant HD Audio driver. We have seen many references...
  3. Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue

Upgrade Windows from 1809 to 20H2 Issue: I have used WSUS to update the computers in my domain.I tested it on 10 computers and 4 of them were unsuccessful. The update process of the 4 computers was normal, but at the end of the update, it always said "Attempting to recover installation, Restoring your previous...
  4. Cant upgrade to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant upgrade to 20H2: Hey guys! I tried for hours now to finally upgrade to 20H2 but the update keeps failing at some point. I dont know where exactly but after downloading 100% (and I think it also said installing) it tells me I have to restart my PC. After restarting I get a message that the...
  5. 20H2 issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 issue: I have utilized a Windows Media Server to auto back up PCs on my home network for years. After updating to 20H2, I have tried to reinstall the WIndows Home Server Connector software. Now none of the PCs will allow the Connector software to connect to the server in order to...
  6. 20H2 upgrade issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    20H2 upgrade issues: Is it normal for this update to allow ONLY a Hello PIN to log onto the computer? Before the update I was logging in with a password, now it's not even an option. I've tried the registry mod without any luck....
  7. Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issue with a "Network Mapped Drive" after 20H2 upgrade.: Hi, I upgraded my HP laptop last week to Win10 20H2 19042.630 I store all my documents, photos etc. in a directory structure on one of my disk drives. I have a mapped Network Drive Z: to it and all my programs access my data through it. I have been using this method for...
  8. Upgrade to 20H2 fails

Upgrade to 20H2 fails: When trying to upgrade to 20H2, I get this error. 0x8e5e0152 I have a 2 m. 2 to start another one for normal things, music, games, etc. I'm not sure if I put something where it shouldn't be and screwed up my intuitive experience. I will provide more information if...
  9. After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade To 20H2 ...: Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared : . [ATTACH] . I have the system configured to NOT update automatically and 'Notify' me when updates are available.. Also, notice that some of these are years old. I am...
  10. Upgrade to 20H2 failed

Upgrade to 20H2 failed: The laptop was offered the feature upgrade to Win 10 20H2. It is still running 1903. It had failed 1909, 2004 with this error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A,The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Since Microsoft does not like...