Windows 10: 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

Discus and support 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The "upgrade" to 20H2 has changed all the colors of the start menu, Tab line color and taskbar color. How do I get it back to Windows standard colors... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by carrotmuseum, Mar 13, 2021.

1. 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

The "upgrade" to 20H2 has changed all the colors of the start menu, Tab line color and taskbar color. How do I get it back to Windows standard colors that I had before:
    Start, produced a dark blue screen
    Taskbar was dark (black)

Nothing seems to work - Help (and why do M/s do this crap?)

:)

carrotmuseum, Mar 13, 2021
  2. SGbun Win User

20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background.

I know that it is possible to have different color backgrounds for app tiles. If I have to go somewhere and edit something, that's fine but if there's some setting I'm missing that's better.

Thanks in advance!

Windows Ver. 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746)

Theme Settings:

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc [​IMG]

Start Menu:

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc [​IMG]

SGbun, Mar 13, 2021
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Start Menu background color customize

Hi,

You can change the background color of the the Start menu on Settings. To do this, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo (Start button).
    • Click the gear icon (Settings).
    • Choose Personalization.
    • Select Colors.
    • Under Show color on Start, taskbar, and action center, switch the slider to
      On.
    • After switching the slider to On, you can now pick what color you want or you can click the
      Automatically pick an accent color from my background checkbox to make Windows pick the color that complements the color of your desktop background.
    Kindly share with us the result after you perform the steps above.

Argel Obm, Mar 13, 2021
  4. DrNVS Win User

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

Start Menu background color customize

Thanks for the reply.

These procedures not helped to change the background color of the start menu by (right click)

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc 2958a48f-fe66-4ba1-9f7b-f6e477df9a30.png

I want to change the black color to grey color as previous.

Please help.

Also previously right click will show the control panel, system, device manager etc. now it is not showing.

DrNVS, Mar 13, 2021
Thema:

20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc

1. 20H2 Upgrade - Start Menu Colors etc - Similar Threads - 20H2 Upgrade Start

2. No color in start menu.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No color in start menu.: [ATTACH] It all of a sudden changed and I don't know why. In the settings app it says that I chose purple but it shows on everything but the start menu. https://preview.redd.it/eew2ku4jyoj61.png?width=803&format=png&auto=webp&s=078a5f14b368d30950c070b9063a7c1dcd9dc5c5...
  3. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Customization
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  4. 20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color

in Windows 10 Support
    20H2 Start Menu App Tiles Background Color: So after updating to 20H2 the default color of app tiles in the Start Menu changed. Previously, things looked like the Theme settings preview (see first image). Now, however, App Tiles are just Dark Gray on a Black background. I know that it is possible to have different...
  5. Windows 20H2 issues with Start Menu etc,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 20H2 issues with Start Menu etc,: Since upgrading to 20H2 from 1903, I have been having trouble with things, I can't find any results on fixes anywhere. Firstly, my Start menu seems to become very buggy, If I click it to open a program for example Gyazo and while Gyazo will open, theStart menu stays open...
  6. I cannot change start menu tile color after upgrade to version 20H2 yesterday.

I cannot change start menu tile color after upgrade to version 20H2 yesterday.: I upgraded to the 20H2 version yesterday and it changed my color settings. I was able to change most back, but start menu tiles refuse to change. They remain some kind of transparent dark gray color....
  7. Start Menu Colors

Start Menu Colors: Ok, so I have a question regarding the Start Menu. It's nothing serious I'm just curious. Ok, so when you look at the Start Menu, for some reason some icons have blue backgrounds or purple. Would there be a way I can change these colors manually without using the Start Menu...
  8. Start Menu Color

Start Menu Color: Whenever I pick a color for my start menu, it shows if I untick the "Use Start full screen" , but when I tick the button the color turns dark or white. Why is this so, and how can I change it? Any update for that Microsoft?...
  9. no access to 'start menu' etc

no access to 'start menu' etc: im on insider preview of windows home - build 17692.rs_prerelease_flt.180625-1624 i have lost access to start menu and the notifications shortcut. when i attempt to run programs i receive error messages. i have lost quite a bit of functionality on my system (including...
  10. Start menu text color

Start menu text color: good morning, im not sure if this has been posted and solved, but i have a hard time reading the start menu text..i even changed the default app mode from dark to light. and i cant figure out how to change the color of the text. any help would be appreciated thankyou in...