Windows 10: 20H2 upgrade to 2 computers

Discus and support 20H2 upgrade to 2 computers in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Windows 10 pro version 10.0.18363 I did my main desktop last night, took a long time to download over my rural ISP & wreaked havoc with my netflix... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Glenstr, Dec 11, 2020.

1. Glenstr Win User

20H2 upgrade to 2 computers

Windows 10 pro version 10.0.18363

I did my main desktop last night, took a long time to download over my rural ISP & wreaked havoc with my netflix etc, but eventually finished.

Now I'm about to do my laptop and was just wondering, if it was possible to copy the download over from my desktop rather than slow down my internet for a couple of hours again.

In hindsight I realize I should have downloaded the upgrade iso, but thought I'd ask anyway.

My laptop is the build mentioned at the start of the post, and I did not check to see if my desktop was the same build, so I am thinking I should just bite the bullet and do the download/upgrade on the laptop - but again, just thought I'd check here first

Thanks in advance.

:)

Glenstr, Dec 11, 2020

2. Video card or RAM need upgrading?

Memtest: no errors after 10 hrs.
    I'm going to perform the Primetest, later on. Get back to you on that.
    I'm going to take it step by step, guys. I need to find the problem with this current computer. I might have to upgrade some components, so that it is still runnable. As for the new one, yes....i will build on it later. I need to find something decent 'gaming experience', all suggestions appreciated. THanks.

itsmeitsme, Dec 11, 2020
  3. NavyLCDR Win User
    Windows 10 20H2 Upgrade

I doubt it is a glitch. I suspect it was designed that way.

NavyLCDR, Dec 11, 2020
  4. 20H2 upgrade to 2 computers

OldNavyGuy, Dec 11, 2020
Thema:

20H2 upgrade to 2 computers

1. 20H2 upgrade to 2 computers - Similar Threads - 20H2 upgrade computers

2. Upgrading to 20H2 is impossible

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to 20H2 is impossible: Hello. I would like to ask why is the installation of 20H2 enforced. It forcibly installed today and now it's trying to reboot to replace my currently running version. Is there a way to stop it? The problem is that 20H1 and 20H2 are awfully unstable, for some reason,...
  3. Cant upgrade to 20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cant upgrade to 20H2: Hey guys! I tried for hours now to finally upgrade to 20H2 but the update keeps failing at some point. I dont know where exactly but after downloading 100% (and I think it also said installing) it tells me I have to restart my PC. After restarting I get a message that the...
  4. 20H2 upgrade issue

20H2 upgrade issue: after 20H2 upgrade the local accounts switch vanished from the starting page. I cannot step in https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/20h2-upgrade-issue/dd0e0ab7-e163-4cc4-8da9-dfd428e73377
  5. 20H2 upgrade issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    20H2 upgrade issues: Is it normal for this update to allow ONLY a Hello PIN to log onto the computer? Before the update I was logging in with a password, now it's not even an option. I've tried the registry mod without any luck....
  6. Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version

Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version: hi guys I have upgraded my windows 10 home version to 20H2 for free Bought new version of 20H2 enterprise but if i Upgrading from 20H2 to 20H2 Enterprise version do i lose my software and apps and files on my previous 20H2? Thanks...
  7. Upgrade to 20H2 fails

Upgrade to 20H2 fails: When trying to upgrade to 20H2, I get this error. 0x8e5e0152 I have a 2 m. 2 to start another one for normal things, music, games, etc. I'm not sure if I put something where it shouldn't be and screwed up my intuitive experience. I will provide more information if...
  8. Upgrade to 2004 not 20H2

Upgrade to 2004 not 20H2: Can someone provide me with a way to get upgrade media to build 2004? Microsoft will only offer 20H2, which it refuses to install on my new PC because it has a Thunderbolt port. Thanks, Daniel...
  9. After Upgrade To 20H2 ...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After Upgrade To 20H2 ...: Yesterday, after upgrade to 20H2, the 'View Optional Updates' appeared. I cliked on it and this appeared : . [ATTACH] . I have the system configured to NOT update automatically and 'Notify' me when updates are available.. Also, notice that some of these are years old. I am...
  10. Upgrade to 20H2 failed

Upgrade to 20H2 failed: The laptop was offered the feature upgrade to Win 10 20H2. It is still running 1903. It had failed 1909, 2004 with this error 0x80004005 - 0x1000A,The installation failed in the DOWNLEVEL phase with an error during PREPARE_FIRST_BOOT operation. Since Microsoft does not like...