Windows 10: 21H1 keeps saying updated when reboot or shutdown

Discus and support 21H1 keeps saying updated when reboot or shutdown in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I did the update to 21H1 on PC, seemed to go ok. If I do check for updates it just keeps checking....without doing anything If I try to shutdown or... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by pebuilder, Jun 12, 2021.

1. pebuilder Win User

21H1 keeps saying updated when reboot or shutdown

I did the update to 21H1 on PC, seemed to go ok. If I do check for updates it just keeps checking....without doing anything If I try to shutdown or reboot when it comes back (after a long time) it says it has installed the 21h1 feature update again. I have four of these repeated now in reliability history. Ran windows update troubleshooter but it said nothing was needing to be fixed Not sure how to fix this, so would appreciate assistance please! - - - Updated - - - Windows update stopped looking for updates and history now says 21H1 feature update has been installed The two options Update and Shutdown and Update and Restart have been removed from the power options. Wierd why it got stuck and kept wanting to update to 21H1

:)

pebuilder, Jun 12, 2021

2. Shutdown -i says access denied.

Hi Lucian,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

The issue could occur if there is change in power settings.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information:

• When you say that "shutdown -I", how exactly have you shutdown the computer? Have you tried to shutdown the computer by typing command "shutdown -I" in the command prompt?
    • Have you tried to shutdown using power button in the Start Menu?

I suggest you to try to shutdown the computer by following below steps and check if the same issue occurs or not.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Click on Power button and then click on Shut down.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jun 12, 2021
  3. computer reboots after shutdown in windows 10

ok I did the Shutdown /s /t 0 and a list came up....what next?

- - - Updated - - -

I did the Cmd prompt and typed: Shutdown /s /t 0 and computer did shutdown but rebooted a couple seconds later...I have done this before...still no change with my issue of computer rebooting after shutdown...

fishingpoint, Jun 12, 2021
  4. gliding Win User

Windows 10: install updates and shutdown.

PA Bear, I think you mean to say that the reboot is the final step in the update process.

I've been puzzled why a shutdown followed sometime later by a startup isn't equivalent to a restart. That includes my misunderstanding of Microsoft's motives in making a restart different from a shutdown followed by a startup. My puzzlement and misunderstanding
    persist.

I turned off the fast start. I hope that will cause the install-updates-and-shutdown sequence when I choose shutdown.

gliding, Jun 12, 2021
Thema:

1. 21H1 keeps saying updated when reboot or shutdown - Similar Threads - 21H1 keeps saying

2. Pc reboots once when i shutdown.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Pc reboots once when i shutdown.: Hi, my acer aspire a515-52g, since nearly a year i think, reboots once after i shutdown. I mean literally, i shutdown, it reboots once, i shutdown again and it turns off for good. Almost everytime i shutdown it happens. It doesn't reboot or shutdown in other occasions, no...
  3. Pc reboots once when i shutdown.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Pc reboots once when i shutdown.: Hi, my acer aspire a515-52g, since nearly a year i think, reboots once after i shutdown. I mean literally, i shutdown, it reboots once, i shutdown again and it turns off for good. Almost everytime i shutdown it happens. It doesn't reboot or shutdown in other occasions, no...
  4. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    update and shutdown 21h1: Still this bug on 21h1 the update and shutdown wont work it keeps saying restar and actually it retstarts the system. When you logon it shuts downCan this be fixed asap cause its anyoing and its there for a long time may versions...
  5. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update and shutdown 21h1: Still this bug on 21h1 the update and shutdown wont work it keeps saying restar and actually it retstarts the system. When you logon it shuts downCan this be fixed asap cause its anyoing and its there for a long time may versions...
  6. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Automatic shutdown pop-up since updated 21H1: Since I updated 21H1, a random pop-up shows up and says "This computer is going to shut down" and it begins countdown from 10 sec. I have no clue why it happens. Only thing I can tell is just updating Windows....
  8. Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown

Pc keeps restarting then updating when shutdown: Hi I'm not that tech savvy but recently I been having a issue with my windows 10 pc. Before when there were updates I would keep shutting down my pc WITHOUT updating till it finally said shutown and update and I had no choice but now everytime I have a update and go to...
  9. Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Disable Reboot on Update and Shutdown: Since Windows 10 v2004, when there's a pending update and you select "Update and Shutdown" on the start menu the behavior has changed for the worse. Before, when selecting Update and Shutdown, Windows would complete the first stage of the update usually 30% and then power...
  10. Windows 10 Says Unplanned Shutdown When Using Power > Shutdown

Windows 10 Says Unplanned Shutdown When Using Power > Shutdown: My computer keeps telling me I've had unplanned shutdowns when I have used the Power > Shutdown option. I've tried sfc/scannow and clean boot but neither has worked. Please halp!...