Windows 10: 21H1 Unattended Installation Requires Enter Key Press

Discus and support 21H1 Unattended Installation Requires Enter Key Press in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm not very experienced with unattended installations so I manage by doing self research. My unattended installation of 20H2 was working fine. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AMQB, Jun 21, 2021.

1. AMQB Win User

21H1 Unattended Installation Requires Enter Key Press

I'm not very experienced with unattended installations so I manage by doing self research. My unattended installation of 20H2 was working fine. I downloaded Windows 10 Professional 21H1 from VLSC and used the same files from the previous installation. The only thing that has changed is that the latest MS Office 2019 Pro Plus will also be installed during OS installation. During the last reboot, I simply get the Dell logo (as I'm testing out on a Dell PC) along with the circles spinning endlessly. If I force a reboot or press the enter key, the installation is finished and the desktop loads. I think it is perhaps the unattend.xml file that is causing this because removing it didn't cause a bootloop, although sysprep didn't complete which was expected. I've attached my fairly simple unattend.xml if anyone can help me understand this problem so that it can be resolved. Any leads?

:)

2. Kari Win User

Create media for automated unattended install of Windows 10  

The hard disk will be wiped empty if WillWipeDisk value is set to true (tutorial step 3.11).

About signature issue, I have not a a clue what you mean. If you follow this tutorial step by step, when you have finished capturing your customized install.wim, everything needed to create a bootable USB drive is in folder ISO_Files (or whatever folder you selected in step 2.2).

I use then my own PowerShell script to create bootable USB from ISO_Files folder as shown in this tutorial: PowerShell Scripting - Create USB Install Media for Windows 10 - Windows 10 Tutorials

If you want to make Windows Setup completely automatic, "hands-free", then yes, a generic key is required. If not given, setup will stop asking the key.

Generic keys are not activation keys, they are only used to skip product key prompt in Windows Setup, and in case of install media containing multiple editions, to select edition. Activation will then be based on existing digital license, or must be done using a product or volume licensing key.

3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 21, 2021
  4. Arctucas Win User

mobo/case connection

Type LIST DISK

press Enter

(There are going to be several steps, so let me know when you do them, OK?)

Arctucas, Jun 21, 2021
Thema:

1. 21H1 Unattended Installation Requires Enter Key Press - Similar Threads - 21H1 Unattended Installation

2. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  3. My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously: My keyboard keeps pressing enter key continuously. but if I just enter a backspace it stops. and I don't know when it will spam itself again. at first I thought it was sticky keys but when I went to settings it was off . Please help me...
  4. WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHAT KEYS TO PRESS TO START ENTERING MY PASSWORD: hOW TO START TYPING ON LENOVO LAPTOPS? wHAT KEY TO PRESS? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-keys-to-press-to-start-entering-my-password/d9a1de91-6bab-4757-8aab-5d12ad6c7b17
  5. OOBE Unattended install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    OOBE Unattended install: I am trying to be able to quickly provision machines with windows pre-installed. I created the below answer file and named it unattend.xml. I put this on the root of a blank flash drive and booted, it did not grab the file. Did i miss something? <?xml version="1.0"...
  6. Unattended install question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unattended install question: Unattended install of custom install.wim working well except for a few things. In unattend.xml, I have <HideWirelessSetupInOOBE>true</HideWirelessSetupInOOBE> but I was still asked to connect to Wireless. I was also asked to choose Privacy settings for my device. Is there an...
  7. Reuse the device product key in unattended install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reuse the device product key in unattended install: I am trying to automate the reinstall of Windows 10 computer at work (if only to get rid of all the bloatware that is added by manufacturers). I have created an unautoattended.xml file following this tutorial:...
  8. When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    When the key " Enter " is pressed makes a noise.: Hello everyone who's reading this, if there is any spelling mistakes my apologies. The problem I'm facing is when I press the enter key it makes a noise, what I tried to fix it, I unplugged en plugged my keyboard back in, restarted my computer. It didn't fix it, so I went on...
  9. Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does ALT+TAB also require me to press ENTER?: I recently bought a new computer with Windows 10 home pre-loaded and it has some quirks which are driving me crazy. One of them is that, when I ALT+TAB through various windows, I often have to press ENTER to complete the move from 1 window to the next. So, ALT+TAB will...
  10. Double quotes key requires second key press.

in Windows 10 Support
    Double quotes key requires second key press.: I have four systems, each with a regular+cyrillic keyboard and have been using them for years with Windows 7 & 8.1, switching between the two formats, without a problem. As an aside, a couple of the systems, having bought them in Bulgaria, have non-English messages but the...