Windows 10: 21H1 update failure

Discus and support 21H1 update failure in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've been trying to download / install update 21H1 which is listed in Windows Update.After multiple failures most with error code 0x800f0805.I ran the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Cape Sailor, Sep 13, 2021.

1. 21H1 update failure

I've been trying to download / install update 21H1 which is listed in Windows Update.After multiple failures most with error code 0x800f0805.I ran the update trouble shooter which found no problems.I tried to manually download the update from the Master Catalog but "Download" buttons do nothing.I ran System File Checker which found and fixed a few issues.I've rebooted,and crossed my fingers but nothing has helped and I need some help.Yet again Microsoft has let me down with shoddy trouble shooters and defective support pages.Using Device name TABLET-82BD461LProcessor IntelR CoreTM i7-1065G

:)

Cape Sailor, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Try3 Win User

Issue(s) with 21H1 Update

The Windows update list of installed updates has always been a confusing & incomplete list. I don't think you had a problem at all.

Denis

3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 21H1 update failure :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 13, 2021
  4. bobhurd Win User

21H1 update failure

Unable to update Windows 10 to 21H1

I have two machines both running Windows 10 Pro. Both were on 20H2 prior to updating. One machine updated flawlessly although it took a long time. It is now on 21H1. The other machine gives me an error after quite a long time into the update process. I attached two screenshots of the error. I do not want to call Microsoft because they have been less than helpful in the past. Any suggestions?
    21H1 update failure [​IMG]

21H1 update failure [​IMG]

bobhurd, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

21H1 update failure

1. 21H1 update failure - Similar Threads - 21H1 update failure

2. 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    21H1 update: 21H1 made my internet connection unreliable. Get DNS server errors multiple times per hour. Sound doesn't work. Can't play several online games. Play freezes during encounters that, well, actually cost money I pay to play. Several other transactions were interrupted that make...
  3. 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    21H1 update: 21H1 made my internet connection unreliable. Get DNS server errors multiple times per hour. Sound doesn't work. Can't play several online games. Play freezes during encounters that, well, actually cost money I pay to play. Several other transactions were interrupted that make...
  4. 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Windows update 21H1

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update 21H1: hello I have just received my laptop from my uni and I was wondering if you could help as they have said not to upgrade to windows 11 which im happy not to do that I recently received a notification to do a windows update to 21H1 and i want to check that this is Windows 11...
  6. update and shutdown 21h1

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    update and shutdown 21h1: Still this bug on 21h1 the update and shutdown wont work it keeps saying restar and actually it retstarts the system. When you logon it shuts downCan this be fixed asap cause its anyoing and its there for a long time may versions...
  7. windows 21h1 update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows 21h1 update: hi allJust wondering ,when updating windows 10 from 18 to 21h1 , will malwares be removed ? .Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/windows-21h1-update/336646e5-7785-4457-b8ff-a960d07f45d4
  8. 21H1 update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    21H1 update: I recently updated to update 20H2 only 4 days before, but I can't get update 21H1, it is not showing in update section Why am I not getting that update? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/21h1-update/a9d9976d-0ed5-4a4d-bec6-06fbcdffb59e
  9. 21H1 update

21H1 update: My 20H1 update has been on my laptop for all of two weeks. Now they are saying the 21H1 update is ready to install.Is this a must update?I read about it on the referenced blog. there's nothing in it I use or care about. I don't work remotely either.I thought putting on the...
  10. An Update AFTER 21H1

An Update AFTER 21H1: Check for Updates There is a .NET Cumulative update AFTER 21H1, KB4601554. Requires a Restart Cheers, Drew https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-update-after-21h1/c0773638-8276-420a-8b56-a00bad3d359e