Windows 10: 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

Discus and support 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? Day in day my desktop takes about 10 mins to shut down with "configuring your settings." It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ChrisHouse5, Jul 2, 2022.

1. 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? Day in day my desktop takes about 10 mins to shut down with "configuring your settings." It takes about 5 mins to start up! Running the troubleshooter I believe its is something to do with 21h2. I turn the auto updates off but daily that is over ridden. This 21h2 just will not load.

:)

ChrisHouse5, Jul 2, 2022

2. Cannot Disable Dark Mode After Win 10 Update To Build 21H2

Hello Ghot,

I followed thru with the first of your two suggestions, and my Win 10 Home Build successfully updated to Build 21H2. Everything seems to be fine right now and I have my fingers crossed! My next step will be to install Win 10 Pro, for which I have already purchased a key. I will close this thread after posting this grateful reply.

Many thanks for your help!

Win10Newbie1023, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Jul 2, 2022
  4. 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

Update Windows 10 version 1909 to version 21H2

Can I Update Windows 10 version 1909 to version 21H2 (latest)?

Then Please send the useful steps to do that...

By changing windows version 1909 to 21H2 does it removes all files(music, videos, software,etc.) present in my laptop or it is safe, nothing will be deleted.

Now I am not getting critical updates for windows version 1909.

Please anybody give suggestion regarding this matter.

ARINDAM_SAHA_10, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

1. 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? - Similar Threads - 21h2 why causing

2. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  3. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What and why is this file taking up so much space?: So i was going through my laptop HP Pavilion to clean up junk storage i didn't need to speed up my computer. I was going through files when i noticed this file named RECOVERY D: located in devices and drives tab. It was also taking up 14 GB of HDD space with which is weird...
  4. What and why is this file taking up so much space?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. What is this partition and why it ocuppies so much storage?

What is this partition and why it ocuppies so much storage?: Hi. My laptop box says that it's a 256GB SSD laptop, but when I go to file explorer it shows me just the C: partition with 120GB, this is the single partition in file explorer so I opened Disk Management where it says that I have a disk with 256GB and 4 volumes. The first...
  6. What is this partition and why it ocuppies so much storage?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is this partition and why it ocuppies so much storage?: Hi. My laptop box says that it's a 256GB SSD laptop, but when I go to file explorer it shows me just the C: partition with 120GB, this is the single partition in file explorer so I opened Disk Management where it says that I have a disk with 256GB and 4 volumes. The first...
  7. 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?: 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? Day in day my desktop takes about 10 mins to shut down with "configuring your settings." It takes about 5 mins to start up! Running the troubleshooter I believe its is something to do with 21h2. I turn the auto...
  8. 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief?: 21h2, what is it and why is this causing me so much grief? Day in day my desktop takes about 10 mins to shut down with "configuring your settings." It takes about 5 mins to start up! Running the troubleshooter I believe its is something to do with 21h2. I turn the auto...
  9. What is taking so much space?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is taking so much space?: So I checked the other day and out of my 200 GB SSD partition for Windows, only 45 GB was remaining. I went into explorer options and enabled viewing hidden files and folders and disabled hiding system files. Then I selected all the files in C drive and viewed it's...
  10. An old programs caused me days of grief

in Windows 10 Support
    An old programs caused me days of grief: I don't know where else to share this but perhaps I can save others grief. For a long time I was using Magellan Explorer, all the way back to XP and perhaps earlier. However, DO NOT INSTALL IT IN WINDOWS 10. It will corrupt the operating system, disable the Start Button...