Windows 10: 222H2 update fails during restart

Discus and support 222H2 update fails during restart in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by RedFraggle77, Nov 30, 2023.

1. 222H2 update fails during restart

Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming the components and. Restarting the services2. Running windows update troubleshooter3. using DISM online4. Used DISM online then SFC /scannow- this says it cannot be completed but there are no errors in the CBS.log5. Uninstalled AV, suspended windows defender, ran DISM and scannow again - still says it cannot be competed bu

:)

RedFraggle77, Nov 30, 2023

2. Windows 10 fails to update

When you finish testing the Avast suggestion, make sure that you restart your machine.

Then if the issue persists, please return to the trouble shooting list in post# 89

I think there are three steps that remain; the WU troubleshooter, reset WU components, and manual WU reset.

Slartybart, Nov 30, 2023
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 222H2 update fails during restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 30, 2023
  4. chideock Win User

222H2 update fails during restart

KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Nov 30, 2023
Thema:

222H2 update fails during restart

1. 222H2 update fails during restart - Similar Threads - 222H2 update fails

2. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  3. 222H2 update fails during restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    222H2 update fails during restart: Hi,I am on 20H2 Win 10 and have been trying to upgrade to 22H2. The installation always gets to 100% and says to restart but on restart it says it can’t be completed and rolls back to 20H2.I’ve been through the answers and tried the following:1. Stopping services, renaming...
  4. Windows 11 x64 22H2 update failed during restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 x64 22H2 update failed during restart: Dear Community!Today I have encountered a problem during the installation of the 22H2 update. I have a 17" HP ENVY Intel I7 laptop and this morning I had time to kill before I had to get down to real work at 10AM. I selected download and install 22H2 update. I returned to the...
  5. Windows 11 x64 22H2 update failed during restart

Windows 11 x64 22H2 update failed during restart: Dear Community!Today I have encountered a problem during the installation of the 22H2 update. I have a 17" HP ENVY Intel I7 laptop and this morning I had time to kill before I had to get down to real work at 10AM. I selected download and install 22H2 update. I returned to the...
  6. Windows 11 update KB5010386 Fails to install during the restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 update KB5010386 Fails to install during the restart: the update KB5010386 fails to install during the restart process. I tried to do troubleshooter several times before and after the attempts I made to install the update. It undo the installation and the KB5010386 update shows up once again the the updates. This has been going...
  7. Windows 11 update KB5010386 Fails to install during the restart

Windows 11 update KB5010386 Fails to install during the restart: the update KB5010386 fails to install during the restart process. I tried to do troubleshooter several times before and after the attempts I made to install the update. It undo the installation and the KB5010386 update shows up once again the the updates. This has been going...
  8. BSOD restart during update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD restart during update.: Overnight my laptop had done an update, and upon waking up I see that my laptop was still installing it, after a couple of seconds of saying it's 30% done. The laptop BSOD's on itself, saying the only error is "SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION". It then restarts doing the same thing...
  9. Update stucks during restarting

Update stucks during restarting: [ATTACH]Update stucks while restarting. It has been like this for 2days now Update will go upto 82% then will go back to 32%. Cntrl+alt+delete is not working. I also tried hard reboot still its showing same Plzz help...
  10. PC fails to restart during update process

PC fails to restart during update process: Hi, I am trying to update my windows 10 to version 1903. During the update, my PC is supposed to restart several times during the process, however for some reason when it begins to restart, it powers down but does not power back on. My screen just stays black but I can see...