Windows 10: 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD

Discus and support 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Few days ago 22H2 downloaded and I began the upgrade. During the restart process after installation, the laptop just sat there with the HP logo and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by maxwelwp, Sep 25, 2022.

1. maxwelwp Win User

22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD

Few days ago 22H2 downloaded and I began the upgrade. During the restart process after installation, the laptop just sat there with the HP logo and spinning disc. After half an hour of this, I did a hard reboot. Same thing happened again on restart HP logo and spinning disc.Rebooted and went into troubleshooting screen. None of the options were able to work. Opened command window. The ONLY drive I had was the X: drive. C: drive was gone.Ended up taking to computer shop where they tried to bring it back. They were unable to access anything on the SSD with different tools at their disposal and

:)

maxwelwp, Sep 25, 2022

2. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery
    any solutions for me to reinstall the windows to the new SSD , beside using HP recovery media USB?

HPSpectreX360Gary, Sep 25, 2022
  3. HP x360 Spectre Windows Hello No Longer Working

Thanks for the suggestion. For reference (for people coming after me trying to find a solution), the steps Lee is suggesting are as follows:

• Device Security > Security Processor Details > Security Processor Troubleshooting > Clear TPM
    Appreciate the help, Lee, but resetting the TPM using the process above didn't work. All it did was make me reset my PIN and sign in again via my Microsoft account. As I mentioned in my initial post, I have an HP Spectre
    x360 Convertible 13-ae0xx, so I've been using the drivers found here:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-spectre-13-ae000-x360-convertible-pc/16779579

Also as I mentioned, the latest drivers are installed - that's always my first go-to solution (other than turning it off and on again! 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD :) ).

Any other suggestions?

MarshallHunt25, Sep 25, 2022
  4. crsam Win User

Hp Spectre X360 15 with Toshiba XG5 SSD

I have a HP Spectre x360 15 2018 version which has the Toshiba series XG5 SSD 512gb. I have delayed the installation of the April update due to issues regarding reduced battery life surrounding this update. How will I know when the fix is released, or even
    if I will need it? Are all laptops with this SSD going to be affected or is it random?

If I do allow installation, will the fix be picked up automatically and updated or will I need to use the HP Support Assistant? Any information would be helpful, thanks.

Has anyone else had any issues with their 2018 Spectre x360 laptop after installing this update?

crsam, Sep 25, 2022
Thema:

1. 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD - Similar Threads - 22H2 Update Crashed

2. 22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    22H2 Update Crashed HP Spectre SSD: Few days ago 22H2 downloaded and I began the upgrade. During the restart process after installation, the laptop just sat there with the HP logo and spinning disc. After half an hour of this, I did a hard reboot. Same thing happened again on restart HP logo and spinning...
  3. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  4. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

in Windows 10 Gaming
    upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360: going to upgrade my HP spectre x360 laptop SSD from 128G to 500Gb, after created a HP recovery USB, face problem during PC recovery at new SSD, it stop itself at 88% and show system error, cannot continues. also failed to download from HP cloud recovery any solutions for me...
  5. upgrade SSD for HP spectre x360

6. SystemSettings.exe crashes when selecting windows updates, optional updates on Hp-Spectre...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SystemSettings.exe crashes when selecting windows updates, optional updates on Hp-Spectre...: Hi The SystemSettings.exe crashes every time I try to review optional updates.At the moment there are 2 optional updates that I would like to apply. 2022-04-20 AESTOnce the optional updates tab is selected on my Hp-Spectre laptop circa 2018 i7 gen 8 unit the...
  7. SystemSettings.exe crashes when selecting windows updates, optional updates on Hp-Spectre...

SystemSettings.exe crashes when selecting windows updates, optional updates on Hp-Spectre...: Hi The SystemSettings.exe crashes every time I try to review optional updates.At the moment there are 2 optional updates that I would like to apply. 2022-04-20 AESTOnce the optional updates tab is selected on my Hp-Spectre laptop circa 2018 i7 gen 8 unit the...
  8. No Audio on HP Spectre

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No Audio on HP Spectre: [ATTACH] https://preview.redd.it/wt0ib9w6u2l51.png?width=1551&format=png&auto=webp&s=88186ac9a430148badc89786fa5c768d479c20af When turning on I noticed a red cross against the volume icon in the taskbar. When running the troubleshooter, I get two errors (as pictured)....
  9. HP Spectre x360

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HP Spectre x360: I installed Outbyte PCRepair on my laptop, and after running, it turned off my laptop to reboot. Now my screen is black and will not turn on, but the laptop turns on. I have tried to reinstall by holding down windows key, B, and power for 1-3 sec. It runs through the...
  10. Hp Spectre flickers

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hp Spectre flickers: My laptop specs are: HP Spectre x360 - 15-bl112dx Intel Core i-7 8550U CPU Display Adapters: IntelR UHD Graphics 620 NVIDIA GeForce MX150 ImageLink: https://imgur.com/7ep8hGL My screen keeps flickering like this whenever there is a change in display which is either when...