Windows 10: 22H2 update not installing after restart

Discus and support 22H2 update not installing after restart in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by haylie.cummerata, Nov 30, 2022.

1. 22H2 update not installing after restart

My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in the settings, and I want it to be installed on my machine please.

:)

haylie.cummerata, Nov 30, 2022
  2. itsme1 Win User

How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

If you can't install it from windows update you can try to install it manually, it's the same KB5015684 obtained with windows update.

Windows 10 Version 22H2 is coming in October 2022 ---> KB5015684 Provides Quick Windows 10 22H2 Upgrade - Ed Tittel On the Ed Tittel page click on the links DeskModder.de or .MSU x64 version of the upgrade.

KB5015684 Funktionsupdate auf die Windows 10 22H2 (19045) [Manueller Download] - Deskmodder.de

Do dism and sfc /scannow commands before and/or after installing it.

itsme1, Nov 30, 2022
  3. Andy Roid Win User
    How to get the Windows 10 2022 Update version 22H2 Win Update

I wish things are that simple. My error code was 0x80246017, and I don't have KB5020435 installed so it's a dead end. BTW, MS lists like 6 or 7 error codes of the format 0x8024xxxx on the "troubleshooting WU problems", and when you chose next step, it suggests generic steps: run WU troubleshooter, check if your disk has no errors, is your remote disk is accessible, etc. Same as MS community; each similar error has completely different cause and (re)solution.
    MS in notorious for this- if it works then OK, if it doesn't then good luck.

Andy Roid, Nov 30, 2022
  4. 3Colors Win User

22H2 update not installing after restart

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond 22H2 update not installing after restart :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 30, 2022
Thema:

22H2 update not installing after restart

1. 22H2 update not installing after restart - Similar Threads - 22H2 update installing

2. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  3. Windows update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows update not installing after restart: So there is a Windows update labeled as "2023-08 Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5 and 4.8.1 for Windows Version Next for x64 KB5028949" that doesn't wanna install after I click on the restart button to finish the update. I've tried doing other things Windows...
  4. 22H2 install freezes upon restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 install freezes upon restart: For months now, my system is trying to install the 22H2 update. The update seems to install fine, and the laptop restarts. But upon the restart, the computer freezes every time. After waiting a while, I have to do a hard shutdown holding down the power button. When i turn the...
  5. 22H2 install freezes upon restart

22H2 install freezes upon restart: For months now, my system is trying to install the 22H2 update. The update seems to install fine, and the laptop restarts. But upon the restart, the computer freezes every time. After waiting a while, I have to do a hard shutdown holding down the power button. When i turn the...
  6. 22H2 update not installing after restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    22H2 update not installing after restart: My Windows 11 got the 22H2 update and I download it on my machine. The download process went smoothly and restarted my machine. The Windows waited for a long period of time and when its finally boot up it didn't update. I waste my time getting the 22H2 and now it is gone in...
  7. Updates are coming but not installing after restart

Updates are coming but not installing after restart: There is no error message but when I check the update history it is not installed. I run the update multiple times and Im seeing the same updates in my system. I have Windows 10 21h1 already and it is not out of date. I want to fix this update issue but I dont want to perform...
  8. SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update: SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update it downloads and and then fails midwayplease help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/supportassist-fails-to-install-after-22h2-update/6769c9c1-16a6-4343-aa8e-4f0a3cfe4d14
  9. SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update

SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update: SupportAssist Fails to install after 22h2 update it downloads and and then fails midwayplease help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/supportassist-fails-to-install-after-22h2-update/6769c9c1-16a6-4343-aa8e-4f0a3cfe4d14
  10. Windows update will not install after restart

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows update will not install after restart: This morning I woke up ready to play some games with some of my buddies, when I realized there was a minor security update I needed to do to play. I did the usual and went to settings and the update page. I hit restart as always and it booted down and started counting how...