Windows 10: 250MB Zip drive driver error

Discus and support 250MB Zip drive driver error in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an internal IDE 250MB zip drive connected to a SYBA PCIe IDE/SATA III expansion card. Windows recognizes it in both device manager and disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ragnarok0273, Sep 25, 2020.

1. 250MB Zip drive driver error

I have an internal IDE 250MB zip drive connected to a SYBA PCIe IDE/SATA III expansion card. Windows recognizes it in both device manager and disk management, but Zip disks, when inserted, will not show up. I then have to remove the drive and remove the disk manually.

It registers as "Removeable Drive No Media" no matter what I do.

Does anyone have a driver disc that they copy to and post an ISO of?

Thank you!

Clarification:

I have an optical drive connected to the port, and that works fine. It's not a problem with the card.

:)

ragnarok0273, Sep 25, 2020
  2. Aquinus Win User

7-Zip CRC Error

He is using 7-Zip, not Zip. *Wtf :wtf:
    Agreed. Try checking out your SMART logs to see if your drive really is failing. CrystalDiskInfo does a pretty good job reading SMART through USB and RAID on Windows.

Aquinus, Sep 25, 2020
  3. 7-Zip CRC Error

I had a similar issue, I was extracting directly from the USB drive and I got an error, I'm unsure if it was the Same error, but none the less an error.

I just moved the file to my desktop, and it Extracted just fine, which backs up (natr0n's) suggestion, Mine too turned out to be a Bad drive.(windows said it required repair)

Good Luck

jboydgolfer, Sep 25, 2020
  4. Berton Win User

250MB Zip drive driver error

Zip Drives on Windows 10

I have a 250MB Iomega USB drive but also have a WinXP computer with an internal 250MB Zip drive and combination 5.25"/3.5" floppy drive, saved both against the time clients want data retrieved from those disks and also because more modern BIOSes don't have support for the A: and B: drives, motherboards don't have the port for them.

Berton, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

250MB Zip drive driver error

1. 250MB Zip drive driver error - Similar Threads - 250MB Zip drive

2. Zip extraction error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Zip extraction error: I have a zip file that gives me the following error.Now I and, and have, renamed the file so that it can be extracted, but I thought this sort of problem was a thing of the past, not something plaguing Microsoft's flagship OS. Here is a link to the file that gives this error....
  3. Zip extraction error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Zip extraction error: I have a zip file that gives me the following error.Now I and, and have, renamed the file so that it can be extracted, but I thought this sort of problem was a thing of the past, not something plaguing Microsoft's flagship OS. Here is a link to the file that gives this error....
  4. 64 bit driver for a Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0 device?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    64 bit driver for a Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0 device?: I recently bought a 'Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0' drive for my Windows 10 64 bit OS, problem is, I don't think Iomega still supports Zip 100/250 drives... with a 64 bit version driver for Windows 10... is this an Amazon return item? I have 14 other 250MB 'Disks' are they...
  5. 64 bit driver for a Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    64 bit driver for a Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0 device?: I recently bought a 'Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0' drive for my Windows 10 64 bit OS, problem is, I don't think Iomega still supports Zip 100/250 drives... with a 64 bit version driver for Windows 10... is this an Amazon return item? I have 14 other 250MB 'Disks' are they...
  6. 64 bit driver for a Iomega Zip 250MB USB 2.0 device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Win zip driver repair

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Win zip driver repair: I downloaded winzip driver repair and it has locked me out of my laptop, just have startup repair running constantly, any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/win-zip-driver-repair/7afd92ed-46dc-4da4-b33f-b6d3fdb20b14
  8. Iomega Zip Drive

Iomega Zip Drive: I have the above and I'm told by others that Windows 10 will automatically recognize it as a 'disc drive.' However, when I connect the USB to my computer, I hear the normal 'beep', but the drive is not read. Any suggestions??...
  9. zip error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    zip error: I am running Windows 10 and have started getting an error when trying to zip and unzip files. It says "Compressed (zipped) Folders Error. Unable to complete the operation. Access is denied." I am the Administrator of my computer. I saw someone commented on a previous post...
  10. Zip drive

Zip drive: How to format an iomega 100 zip drive using windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/zip-drive/1652d762-6dfc-4dae-a340-0627693087e0