Windows 10: 27" Apple Cinema Display with Windows 10 PC - Unable to Change Resolution

Discus and support 27" Apple Cinema Display with Windows 10 PC - Unable to Change Resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to use a 2011 27" Apple LED Cinema Display 2560 × 1440 with my work laptop Dell / Windows 10 Pro / Intel UHD Graphics 620 adapter. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Julie JMC, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Julie JMC Win User

27" Apple Cinema Display with Windows 10 PC - Unable to Change Resolution

I am trying to use a 2011 27" Apple LED Cinema Display 2560 × 1440 with my work laptop Dell / Windows 10 Pro / Intel UHD Graphics 620 adapter. The Generic PnP Monitor driver that the system is defaulting to as "best" will only give a single resolution of 1280 x 720 which is awful for working on spreadsheets. Is there a driver or other solution that would enable me to change the resolution to a setting that is usable? I'm using a DisplayPort to Mini DisplayPort adapter "supports video resolutions up to 3840 x 2160" to connect the two. Any help is appreciated!

:)

Julie JMC, Jun 13, 2021
  2. malware Win User

Apple Discontinues the 20-inch Cinema LCD Displays

Apple on Thursday discontinued its 20-inch Cinema Display, reducing its external display offerings to just two options: the brand new 24-inch Apple LED Cinema model and the old 30-inch Apple Cinema HD display. The 20-inch has already been removed from Apple's online store. AppleInsider also suggests that the 30-inch Apple displays are next to go away.
    Apple wrote in a worldwide bulletin to its sales and service channels.

Source: Apple

malware, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Apple Cinema display + X800XL

do u have an apple mac pc or just the monitor?

Mr Blonde., Jun 13, 2021
  4. AGounaro Win User

Apple Cinema display + X800XL

Hi,

I had my Apple Cinema display working fine with my old Radeon 9800 Pro card. Now I've got myself a X800XL and the BIOS screen and Windows startup screen do not display, although everything works fine when Windows boots fully.

I know this is a common problem with the Apple monitors with PC's, but wondering if anyone has a X800XL that works 100% with an Apple display? What I'm thinking is I could flash my card with the BIOS from that other card and maybe that would fix the problem. Its a pain not being able to see the BIOS screen.

Any help would be appreciated!!
    Thanks,
    Alex

AGounaro, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. 27" Apple Cinema Display with Windows 10 PC - Unable to Change Resolution - Similar Threads - Apple Cinema Display

2. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...
  3. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays: For reasons I won't go into I bought an Apple Studio display to connect to my Dell Windows 10 laptop. The display works, but it only mirrors the display on the laptop. I would like to extend the displays. But when I go into settings it does not identify or detect the Apple...
  4. Windows 10 and Apple Studio display -- unable to extend displays

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows displaying bigger then it should. Unable to change resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows displaying bigger then it should. Unable to change resolution: I have been searching online for awhile now on how to fix my issues. I have a PC that displays too big for its display. Normally I would go to display settings and change the resolution, however the screen is so big I am unable to scroll. Below is what I have tried. 1. Tried...
  6. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems: Hi there!I've would appreciate that much if you could assist in my case:- I've purchased Akasa "DisplayPort to DVI active converter" for Apple Cinema Display 30' M9179 ZM/A using it within Windows 10 PC.- there is a problem changing the PC resolution 1280x800 to full HD or...
  7. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems: Hi there!I've would appreciate that much if you could assist in my case:- I've purchased Akasa "DisplayPort to DVI active converter" for Apple Cinema Display 30' M9179 ZM/A using it within Windows 10 PC.- there is a problem changing the PC resolution 1280x800 to full HD or...
  8. Apple Cinema Display and Windows 10 PC - Resolution problems

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Apple Cinema Display USB Speakers not working. Help?+

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple Cinema Display USB Speakers not working. Help?+: I can't get any sound to play through the USB speakers on my Apple Cinema Display (24" with USB Hub, iSight, MiniDisplay port) on a new Windows 10 PC. The USB speakers are showing as a device "Speakers (2- Apple USB Device)". The USB Mic is working correctly as is the...
  10. Apple Cinema Display (A1083) not waking up on start-up properly with Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apple Cinema Display (A1083) not waking up on start-up properly with Windows 10.: Hello, I just built a PC after about 7 years on MacOS so a lot of things are new to me here, but luckily everything went smoothly aside from this issue. When I power on my PC the BIOS splash will display on my Cinema Display, but than the screen goes dark. I have to unplug...