Windows 10: 2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

Discus and support 2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I had no problem upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 but could not get the 2H22 to install and run. After a series of attempts at upgrading vs clean... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by dpx9922, Feb 6, 2023.

1. dpx9922 Win User

2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

I had no problem upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 but could not get the 2H22 to install and run. After a series of attempts at upgrading vs clean installs I finaly gave up and reinstalled Windows 10. I left the process for 3 months or so and tried again as an upgrade and had no problems getting the Windows 11 but my problems always were blue screens after installing all the apps. I made sure to uninstall any antivirus software including Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office that has mutated from a good backup app into an octopus of protection software in its dozen or so running background applicat

:)

dpx9922, Feb 6, 2023
  2. dpx9922 Win User

2H22 fiasco

I tried installing the 2H22 upgrade a month ago from the preview site. Very prolonged install and after kept getting crashes requiring reboots. I finally just unstalled the update and things returned to baseline. As the final version of 2H22 is available I tried to do a clean install but in spite of deleting partitions on the C: drive, installation apprently went to another NVME drive and the end result was blue screens as well as a requirement that I pick either Windows 11 or Window 10. I ended up with two boot drives. With that mess I disconnected the second NVME and SSD and used Acronis to restore the C: drive. Then reconnected the other drives, deleted the partition on the second NVME drive and reformatted. Finally restored files to that drive. I had no problem installing Windows 11 but big problems trying to install the 2H22 version. In retrospect I should have disconnected the other drives before trying the clean install. Certainly will avoid 2H22 for as long as possible. The system has a Ryzen 7 3700X processor with 32 GB RAM. Two Samsung NVME (960, 980) and a Crucial SSD.

dpx9922, Feb 6, 2023
  3. How to make Windows Defender default antivirus app for Windows 11

Hi Paul,

You may need to remove the third-party antivirus solution. Doing so will enable Microsoft Defender Antivirus automatically.

If disabling the self-defense feature in Cyber Protect doesn't help, you may have to uninstall the product. Pls see the Acronis KB article below:

Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office: How to disable Active Protection

Ramesh Srinivasan, Feb 6, 2023
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Blue Screen KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE during the upgrade from windows 10 to windows 11

Hi HarlockP4

I see a process named afcdpsrv.exe listed as running at the time of the crash, for you have Acronis True Image or Acronis Cyber Protect running in the background on your PC during the upgrade process?

If so, disable that while attempting to update.

DaveM121, Feb 6, 2023
Thema:

1. 2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office - Similar Threads - 2H22 versus Acronis

2. I am having a problem installing Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced's identity...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am having a problem installing Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced's identity...: I have Windows 11 23H2 installed.When I install ACPHOAAcronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced on my laptop one of the Protection features will not install. This feature will not install on a computer if it is not located in the United States. Also, Acronis tells me that if...
  3. I am having a problem installing Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced's identity...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am having a problem installing Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced's identity...: I have Windows 11 23H2 installed.When I install ACPHOAAcronis Cyber Protect Home Office Advanced on my laptop one of the Protection features will not install. This feature will not install on a computer if it is not located in the United States. Also, Acronis tells me that if...
  4. 2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office

2H22 versus Acronis Cyber Protect Home Office: I had no problem upgrading from Windows 10 to 11 but could not get the 2H22 to install and run. After a series of attempts at upgrading vs clean installs I finaly gave up and reinstalled Windows 10. I left the process for 3 months or so and tried again as an upgrade and had...
  5. Windows Account versus Office 365 Account

Windows Account versus Office 365 Account: My mother-in-law purchased Microsoft 365 Family a few years ago and my wife and I are one of the members of her shared subscription. Question I have is when we launch let's say Excel I see my Microsoft account. When I launch Settings, it shows my mother-in-law's name and...
  6. Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Acronis or Macrium as a "home" backup solution?: Hello. I don't know if I should buy Acronis or Macrium for my backup. I want to backup in the following way: 1 backup a week, incremental backup, keeping the last 4 chain of backup (so I want some sort of autocleaning for older chains). One backup job is in 2 parts, one...
  7. Windows 10 Home versus Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Home versus Professional: I am currently using a desktop with Windows 10 home installed I am about to move to a new computer with Windows 10 Professional installed, I know that the pro version provides additional features but should all my current apps run with not changes Thanks...
  8. Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference

Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference: Macrium versus Acronis in cloning laptop drive. Seems a difference I have used Acronis for years. In order to clone a laptop drive I have been told to take out the internal laptop drive and attach via USB. Then put drive I want to clone TO in the laptop. Then I would boot...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12

Windows 10 Backup Versus Acronis Backup 12: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit Acronis Backup 12 I am curious if there is any advantage of using a commercial backup software when we already have Windows 10 Backup. I am not using sophisticated features or elaborate configurations. Instead, I want to have peace of mind knowing...
  10. New Protection Capabilities for Office 365 Personal and Home

in Windows 10 News
    New Protection Capabilities for Office 365 Personal and Home: With the growing presence and sophistication of online threats like viruses, ransomware, and phishing scams, it’s increasingly important to have the right protection and tools to help protect your devices, personal information, and files from being compromised. Microsoft...