Windows 10: 2nd Account Fingerprint Login

Discus and support 2nd Account Fingerprint Login in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows 10s. Two separate accounts setup each with password, pin & fingerprint One account login gives Pin and/or Fingerprint option. Second account... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by rpdx, Dec 21, 2019.

1. rpdx Win User

2nd Account Fingerprint Login

Windows 10s. Two separate accounts setup each with password, pin & fingerprint One account login gives Pin and/or Fingerprint option. Second account only gives Pin option...how do I get Fingerprint option for both accounts?

:)

2. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

2nd Account Fingerprint Login fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 21, 2019
  4. 2nd Account Fingerprint Login

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, Dec 21, 2019
Thema:

2nd Account Fingerprint Login

1. 2nd Account Fingerprint Login - Similar Threads - 2nd Account Fingerprint

2. Access Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Fingerprint login: Following my latest update, it seems the fingerprint login has been deactivated. Settings says that the fingerprint and facial recognition are not currently available". It was working perfectly prior to the update. I don't know how to get Windows to recognize that it is on my...
  3. Access Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Fingerprint login: Following my latest update, it seems the fingerprint login has been deactivated. Settings says that the fingerprint and facial recognition are not currently available". It was working perfectly prior to the update. I don't know how to get Windows to recognize that it is on my...
  4. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  5. Fingerprint login not working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint login not working: Hi, everytime i try and login through bio metrics, it says "somthing went wrong and our end". Its been doing this for about a month now. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fingerprint-login-not-working/00c298d4-58ef-4b70-a1d0-704bb8c50e82
  6. Fingerprint login problem

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fingerprint login problem: Hello everyone, i own a Dell G5 and from two weeks ago i can't use the fingerprint login, because it says: "this option is currently unavailable", then when i open the fingerprint settings it says: "something went wrong, try again later" and i can't add another or remove...
  7. fingerprint login not working

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    fingerprint login not working: Hello, My computer is only about 2 months old (ver 1909). A couple of days ago, my fingerprint reader suddenly stopped working. I've deleted the original scan and tried to re-set it up, but the scanner isn't even looking at my fingerprint. How can I fix it? EDIT - I fixed it...
  8. Pin fingerprint login but no account no network

Pin fingerprint login but no account no network: I was not able to log on to laptop w fingerprint nor pin. Was able to log on with microsoft account password. it does not have available networks, no internet it does not have account info where i could reset pin I have added a local account with password and security...
  9. Fingerprint Login

Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...
  10. Help with Fingerprint login

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Help with Fingerprint login: I had set up fingerprint previously on this account for my laptop. Then I reinstalled windows several times. But now if want to set fingerprint on my device it says fingerprint is associated with another account. How can I set up my fingerprint and how to remove previous...