Windows 10: 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

Discus and support 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm on the latest Windows 10 version. At random times (normally after leaving the computer in sleep mode) my 2nd and 3rd monitors freeze up, resulting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by toby2398, Feb 6, 2019.

1. toby2398 Win User

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

I'm on the latest Windows 10 version.

At random times (normally after leaving the computer in sleep mode) my 2nd and 3rd monitors freeze up, resulting in static images of what's there. I can still (somewhat) do things on them, but they mostly remain frozen. For example, I can make a fullscreen application windowed (ctrl+shift+f) and vise versa. I can also move things from either one of the monitors to the 1st monitor, but I can't do this the other way around. When I move them, they still appear frozen on the 2nd or 3rd monitor whilst being dragged to the 1st, and they stay there when being dragged from the 1st.

Turning off the 1st monitor (pretty much unplugging it due to the monitor) allows the others to function freely, but when I turn it back on, the problem restarts. This happens when unplugging the monitors as well.

:)

toby2398, Feb 6, 2019

2. recognizing 2nd and 3rd monitors

when I power off my machine does not recognize the 2nd & 3rd monitors.

Carol Gross, Feb 6, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Feb 6, 2019
  4. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

3rd monitor doesn't connect

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To better understand your query, kindly reply to the following questions.

1. Did you try setting up the cables again?

2. Did you try giving the recommended resolution and check if the monitor is detected?

I would suggest you to make sure that the monitors are connected to the correct video port.

However, you can go to the device manager and disable the monitor which is not working.

Follow the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device Manager.
    • Expand the Monitors.
    • Right-click on the monitor and select Disable.
    • After sometime, try re-enabling it and check if the device gets detected.
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Feb 6, 2019
Thema:

2nd and 3rd monitors freezing

1. 2nd and 3rd monitors freezing - Similar Threads - 2nd 3rd monitors

2. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  3. Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extending Monitors to 2nd and 3rd Screen while laptop screen off: I have a laptop and 2 external screens. how do I set the display such that I can close the main laptop screen screen 1 and only use the 2 external screens screen 2 and 3?...
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  5. Suddenly when 2nd monitor is connected 1st monitor freezes

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Suddenly when 2nd monitor is connected 1st monitor freezes: I have, for quite some time, been using two monitors. The primary one being a 32in TV and the second one being a 24in monitor. The primary one is connected to my pc by DP to HDMI; the secondary is connected by VGA. Recently, when I booted everything up in the morning the...
  6. Excel documents hanging / freezing on 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Excel documents hanging / freezing on 2nd Monitor: Currently working from home using a laptop also connected to a 2nd monitor via HDMI. Every time I work on an excel document using the 2nd monitor the programme starts flickering, hangs and freezes, affecting all documents on both monitors. Re-start of the programme...
  7. Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?: My setup: Windows 10 1909 Monitor 1: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 2: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 3: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (1680x1050) First off, let me say that I had no issues with this setup until Monitor 2 died of exhaustion and I replaced it...
  8. Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why is my 3rd monitor flickering since I changed my 2nd monitor?: My setup: Windows 10 1909 Monitor 1: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 2: Asus ProArt PA 248Q (1920x1200) Monitor 3: Samsung SyncMaster 226BW (1680x1050) First off, let me say that I had no issues with this setup until Monitor 2 died of exhaustion and I replaced it...
  9. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  10. how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    how to mirror 2nd monitor to 3rd monitor: I was using win 7 with 3 monitors, extending desktop to second monitor and mirroring the second on the third monitor. I don't see how to do this in Win 10. Option not available?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. when 2 monitor the second freeze