Windows 10: 2nd desktop - getting rid of it

Discus and support 2nd desktop - getting rid of it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help. 115143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldarmyfarmer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. 2nd desktop - getting rid of it

Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

oldarmyfarmer, Jul 31, 2018

2. I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. *Smile

Sajer, Jul 31, 2018
  4. dencal Win User

2nd desktop - getting rid of it

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

Type Diskcleanup in Cortana, bottom left.
    Click on Cleanup System Files, There you will see a second option in yellow highlight, More options.
    Do note the bottom Attachment comes up first.

dencal, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

2nd desktop - getting rid of it

1. 2nd desktop - getting rid of it - Similar Threads - 2nd desktop getting

2. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  3. How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to get rid of this annoying Virtual Desktop animation ?: I have two Virtual Desktops, and both have different wallpapers. When I switch between them, there is this slow annoying animation. I have added a video here.Please fix this. Or how can I remove/disable the slow animation ?...
  4. Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop: Hello,I have this annoying red overlay on my Windows 11 desktop that I can't get rid of.All I did was click on the microphone key on my new Logitech Pop keyboard which fired up the Voice Access software. The one that opens with Win+H.Ever since I am greeted with this red...
  5. Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't get rid of red microphone icon on desktop: Hello,I have this annoying red overlay on my Windows 11 desktop that I can't get rid of.All I did was click on the microphone key on my new Logitech Pop keyboard which fired up the Voice Access software. The one that opens with Win+H.Ever since I am greeted with this red...
  6. How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to get rid of 2nd keyboard?: Hi, This Windows 10 logic is really pulling my nerves, as there are bunch of surprises after each update. For example, few weeks ago whole Publich Healthcare was down for few hours, until I found out, that one update changed the date format from preset one without spaces...
  7. Unwanted drive letter for 2nd EFI partition: How to get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unwanted drive letter for 2nd EFI partition: How to get rid of it?: My laptop (HP ProBook 4330s) contains an SSD with Ubuntu Linux and a HDD in a caddy with Windows 10 Pro, 2004 edition. Both are installed in UEFI mode, and each drive has its own EFI partition for its own OS. The caddy EFI partition gets an unwanted drive letter. I can make...
  8. Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop

Can't get rid of Contacts icon on Windows Desktop: A month or so ago, the Contacts icon showed up on my desktop. I didn't think much about it and just deleted it, but it came back a few hours later and has kept coming back since. I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. Can anyone tell me where I can change the...
  9. get rid of it

in Windows 10 Support
    get rid of it: That area, where I typed "get rid of it", is supposed to be for a Group Name. I don't want it, not there anyway; I need the space now. How can I get rid of it? It wasn't there to start with. I put there somehow by mistake. Don Cole 125622
  10. Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.

Color picker stuck on desktop, can't get rid of it.: For some reason, this color picker is stuck on my desktop and I can't get rid of it. I can interact with it, and it stays behind windows. [ATTACH][ATTACH]...