Windows 10: 2nd desktop - getting rid of it

Discus and support 2nd desktop - getting rid of it in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help. 115143 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by oldarmyfarmer, Jul 31, 2018.

1. oldarmyfarmer Win User

2nd desktop - getting rid of it

Don't know what I did - but I now have a 2nd desktop on my machine. How do I get rid of it? Thanks in advance for the help.

:)

oldarmyfarmer, Jul 31, 2018
  2. DougPowers Win User

I have a second "ghost" desktop in Windows 10. I do not know where or when it appeared and cannot get rid of it. How do I get rid of it?

Recently, a "ghost" desktop has appeared on my computer. It shows a list of a number of website tabs behind my desktop icons. Clicking on the exit "X" does not get rid of it. Nothing seems to get rid of it. Can anyone suggest a solution?

DougPowers, Jul 31, 2018
  3. Sajer Win User
    Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

*Think

As always, there seems to be lots of alleged fixes out there, which may work on versions earlier than Win 10... but not with Win 10. The struggle for getting rid of this now un-needed bloat seems to be wrapped up in file permissions. But even when I try to clobber it with administrative authority, it won't budge. One fix suggests that you can use disk cleanup to get rid of it by selecting previous installation files. Heh. Yeah. Just TRY and find that option in Win 10.

Ok. Somebody hopefully has managed to resolve this inigma. Step by step, please. *Smile

Sajer, Jul 31, 2018
  4. dencal Win User

Win 10 How to get rid of Windows.old folder and content.

Type Diskcleanup in Cortana, bottom left.
    Click on Cleanup System Files, There you will see a second option in yellow highlight, More options.
    Do note the bottom Attachment comes up first.

dencal, Jul 31, 2018
Thema:

1. 2nd desktop - getting rid of it - Similar Threads - 2nd desktop getting

2. how to get rid of imgsync ?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    how to get rid of imgsync ?: how to get rid if imgsync which show up constantly on my screen ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-get-rid-of-imgsync/a87d8786-3ef8-4818-b85a-ea82af99a2bf
  3. Get rid of Bing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Get rid of Bing: Bing comes up now instead of Chrome, how do I get rid of it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_general/get-rid-of-bing/382f5019-f28a-443e-aa38-207c889efd33
  4. Getting Rid of Tiles

Getting Rid of Tiles: How do I get rid of the tiles in Windows 10 and go back to traditional icons as in "Classic View"? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/getting-rid-of-tiles/3ae1212e-4a53-4248-aa81-56d3c94954aa
  5. How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?

How to get rid of Get rid of ms-resource:appDisplayName "bug" ?: This was already asked on the insiders forum (?) and someone told all of us using final builds to post the question here so... Since RS3 (Is this the proper name for the release?) (don't know what build) update that the start menu has an unremovable...
  6. Get Rid of "Get Windows" app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get Rid of "Get Windows" app: This app is a major pain. 1. I may have missed something with the easy solution? From: How to Disable the “Get Office” Notifications on Windows 10 Notifications and Actions> >System >Settings "Get Office" not shown ======== 2. This solution seems radial? Lacking much...
  7. Getting rid of windows.old

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of windows.old: I have had this folder on my computer for some time now, and everytime i try to delete it, i get a message saying that i need a permission to delete it. I googled this issue, but the only suggestion i could find was to do a disc cleanup. I have done that many times without...
  8. Get rid of Messenger

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Get rid of Messenger: Goodday Forum Friends: I hope every one I having a good day. I'm currently trying to get rid of a host of Microsoft crap that their system is trying to foist off on me. (There's about a half dozen I'm trying to work through.) Right now I'm trying to get rid of Messanger....
  9. how to get rid of this?

in Windows 10 Support
    how to get rid of this?: Hi guys: after i did a clean install of Win 10 TP, every time i boot too desktop i'm presented with this; see pic attach. 4481
  10. Getting rid of bloatware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting rid of bloatware: Hi , I want to perform clean windows 10 installation as my laptop comes with pre-installed windows image and I found that there are plenty of apps that I don't use ! So my question if I make clean windows installation will all my drivers work fine (including finger print...