Windows 10: 2nd hard drive constantly restarting

Discus and support 2nd hard drive constantly restarting in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Tim06, Dec 9, 2020.

1. Tim06 Win User

2nd hard drive constantly restarting

Every few seconds one of my other hard drives non-C sounds like it is trying to start but fails and tries again. Access/opening/saving to these drives seems fine. They are used for extra image storage and one is a scratch drive for Photoshop. This had been a problem at 2 years ago but stopped.

Is this a sign of a failing HD or something else? Utilities say all are fine.

Thanks

:)

Tim06, Dec 9, 2020
  2. little cat, Dec 9, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 9, 2020
  4. GKing Win User

Maxtor Hard Drive Beep

Maxtor drive beeps

Have a similiar situation using a DiamondMax Plus 8, 20GB Mfg Date 4/15/03. Drive used as a second system drive. Drive is recognized in boot menu but not in drive list. Drive is always connected. Computer started locking up for several seconds at a time. Chkdsk on drives and couldn't find that drive. Removed drive from bay to make sure connections were ok and heard the beeping. Shutdown and restart and never got to windows screen. Restarted several times then saw drive in boot menu and Windows loaded but Maxtor not in drive menu. When recognized in boot menu, computer will start but beeps and is not found.

Tried kicking it real hard but no improvement. Any suggestions?

GKing, Dec 9, 2020
Thema:

1. 2nd hard drive constantly restarting - Similar Threads - 2nd hard drive

2. 2nd hard drive not showing win 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd hard drive not showing win 10: I'm trying to take a sata hard drive (with existing data) from an older win 10 machine and add it as a second drive on newer win 10 machine (also sata). First time I've done it. I've watched YT videos on how to configure the 2nd drive but it's based on the 2nd drive showing...
  3. Help! 2nd hard drive problem

Help! 2nd hard drive problem: When my pc was still windows 7 my 2nd hard drive and its partition titled "my shit" was fully accessible and its where i safely kept my personal photos and videos from the last 15 years. My PC forcably swapped to windows 10 and my unobservent ass didn't even notice "my shit"...
  4. Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation

Hard drive constantly at 100% utilisation: My hard drive is always on 100% utilisation as soon as I start up my PC. I have turned off all start up apps, and I my PC is idling and yet it's at 100% utilisation. It's frustrating! I would appreciate it if someone knows what is going on. Thanks! submitted by...
  5. Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Adding 2nd hard drive to Optiplex 755: I installed a 2nd hard drive, was expecting a separate drive, but it just added it's volume to the first drive. Would like to use it as a 2nd drive for back-up purposes. Windows 10,...
  6. 2nd and 3rd hard drives show two drive Letters

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd and 3rd hard drives show two drive Letters: I recently was required to reinstall Windows 10 after I installed a new SSD as my C: drive. Now, I've got everything up and running I noted the drive letters that were assigned to my second and third hard drives were different than what I use to have and not the drive...
  7. Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Use Vmware on 2nd hard drive: I have 2 hard drives and both are 500gb. First hard drive have installed Windows on it and all the programs. If i was to install Vmware on my second hard disk and then install windows on it, would i get better performance? My host OS would be running on first hard...
  8. Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive

Error adding a 2nd internal hard drive: I was replacing My son' old computer and I decided to remove the HD and put it into my case for extra storage/back-up. When I start or restart the computer I get a screen I have never seen before on this computer. It is the American Maegtrends bios screen I believe. I've seen...
  9. Hard Drive Constantly Running

Hard Drive Constantly Running: I've had a couple or hard drive failures in recent years and I can't help but think its caused by the drive simply wearing out prematurely as a result of constantly clicking on/off. Even in the middle of night it doesn't stop. I've read that its the result of "systems...
  10. Cant get 2nd hard drive working

Cant get 2nd hard drive working: Hello again, So not super long ago, I got my self a 1 TB hard drive to replace my 300 GB. Now that 1 TB is SATA, and my 300 GB is IDE. Now I got my 1 TB working as my main drive with windows, But I cant get my 300 GB IDE drive working now as a 2nd drive. (I use to use that...