Windows 10: 2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full

Discus and support 2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I'm getting a very annoing issue with my second hdd: It's a 927GB of hdd and I'm using 463GB. Few days ago Free Dowload Manager started to complain... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Salvo Di Fazio, Apr 24, 2020.

1. 2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full

I'm getting a very annoing issue with my second hdd:

It's a 927GB of hdd and I'm using 463GB.

Few days ago Free Dowload Manager started to complain about the amount of free space. Then it stoped to works saying:There is not enough space on the disk

I thought that it is was a FDM's bug till today when Oracle VirtualBox couldn't save my machine status because: hdd full!

I deleted a few files but nothing.

What is going on?

:)

Salvo Di Fazio, Apr 24, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Apr 24, 2020
  3. HDD in a HDD caddy is not showing up in the disk management

Hi,

To assist you better, I would like to ask some questions:

• How are you connecting the HDD Caddy?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

If you are connecting the device using USB, I suggest you to check if other USB devices are recognized as USB devices or Other device. If it is displaying as other device, then the issue might be with the USB port. So, I suggest you to update the USB drivers
    by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.
    • Right click on the drive, select Update Driver Software and follow the on-screen prompts.

Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Apr 24, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Apr 24, 2020
Thema:

2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full

1. 2nd hdd half free but apps show me that it is full - Similar Threads - 2nd hdd half

2. HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...: I have 4 drives sdd boot, 2nd ssd and two HDD in my pc and they have been working fine until a few hours ago when i got a blue screen and i noticed that one of the HDD was not showing up anywhere. I checked disk management and it doesnt show it but when i go to device manager...
  3. HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...: I have 4 drives sdd boot, 2nd ssd and two HDD in my pc and they have been working fine until a few hours ago when i got a blue screen and i noticed that one of the HDD was not showing up anywhere. I checked disk management and it doesnt show it but when i go to device manager...
  4. HDD not working but now my 2nd SSD is showing up with the name of the HDD and wont work if...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Win10 shows HDD incorrectly as full. Thorough investigation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Win10 shows HDD incorrectly as full. Thorough investigation: I run windows 10 ver 1909. Problem is windows is incorrectly showing one hdd as being nearly full, which is my W: disk. See https://i.imgur.com/5lil1Bt.jpg I noticed yesterday that it was nearly full, when it should only be about 50% full. I started asking around and...
  6. Win10 shows HDD incorrectly as full. Thorough investigation

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 shows HDD incorrectly as full. Thorough investigation: I run windows 10 ver 1909. Problem is windows is incorrectly showing one hdd as being nearly full, which is my W: disk. See https://i.imgur.com/5lil1Bt.jpg I noticed yesterday that it was nearly full, when it should only be about 50% full. I started asking around and...
  7. New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    New PC with Windows 10 - SSD shows as half full: Hello. I'm hoping someone will be able to help me. My new PC arrived today and I went through the initial setup steps for Windows 10. Then, when I checked my SSD, it showed that the C partition main partition, the other two are Recovery - 500mb and disc 0 partition 2 - 100mb...
  8. unable to update to 1809 with HDD caddy (2nd HDD)

in Windows 10 Support
    unable to update to 1809 with HDD caddy (2nd HDD): hey i have rmoved the dvd rom and installed a seconed hdd i have ran windows 7 till windows 10 1803 (april update) hence the update to 1809 is not showing neither the setup ( when creating a USB) so I am unable to enter the boot menu of the 1809 i have to remove the 2nd...
  9. Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I noticed some programs were missing from the start menu. Upon further investigation it seems only the programs from my SSD are in the start menu, anything I installed to my second drive is absent from the start menu....
  10. HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.: Hi! In my PC I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. Recently, the drive has been stopping showing up in Windows, and it's normally fixed by unplugging all drives, rebooting, plugging the drives back in and then turning it on again. Today, the drive has not shown up at all, even...