Windows 10: 2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC)

Discus and support 2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My brother has given my mum his sons PC (win10) as he doesn't use it, all been reformatted etc. My mums old computer, a win10, had a spare drive in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by bjproc, Sep 2, 2020.

1. bjproc Win User

2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC)

My brother has given my mum his sons PC (win10) as he doesn't use it, all been reformatted etc.

My mums old computer, a win10, had a spare drive in it, i used it for backups and pulled files from documents etc in to it.

went to put the spare drive in the new PC, it's not seen on disc management.

I've brought it home, fitted a SATA adaptor to usb and plugged it into my win10 laptop and i can see it in disc management (disk2)but it wont initialise, gets 2 options MBR and GPT, just says the drives not ready.

When fitted back into the old PC it works fine.

Is it a case of fitting to old PC, copy all files over to another drive and reformat the drive?

- - - Updated - - -

2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC) [​IMG]

:)

bjproc, Sep 2, 2020
  2. Yaqub K Win User

After upgrading to Windows 10 - 2nd and 3rd HDDs cannot be seen??????

Hi,

What is the make and model of your computer?

I suggest you to check in BIOS setting whether both the HDD are listed there. You may get in touch with your computer manufacturer or refer to the user manual on how to enter BIOS settings.

If it is listed in BIOS, you may check whether you are able to see both the HDD in Disk Management. Follow the steps to check:

Press Windows Key + X.

Click on Disk Management.

Please reply us with the required information to assist you further.

Yaqub K, Sep 2, 2020
  3. Akaje12# Win User
    Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details:

MQ01UBD100 Toshiba PCB G3448A - $48.00 - HDDzone.com.

There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley.

Ironic thing is that the disk is my backup disk for photos, docs etc

I have a DELL Latitude E6540 running Windows 10.

• Disk Management lists it as Disk 1 Unknown // Not Initialised // "Device is not ready" after trying to initialise it in both MBR and GBT.
    • Device Manager lists in Disk Drives as working properly, Drivers up to date etc. I have uninstalled and reinstalled it.
    • Disckpart// list disc as an Administrator in CMD will show it as Online but 0 ZERO bites.
    • I have removed and inserted the CMOS battery.
    I suspect I have see the "White Gloved" people who will charge me an arm and a leg for data recovery?

Is there anybody in Microsoft land that can assist with an alternative.

Greatly appreciated.

--Moved from Microsoft Teams/Teams and channels--

Akaje12#, Sep 2, 2020
  4. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. 2nd HDD not seen or initialise (taken from older PC) - Similar Threads - 2nd HDD initialise

2. HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...: Hello all. This is driving me absolutely crazy. My main rig, running Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2, Asus Prime Z590-A mobo, 10700K cpu. This is a recent upgrade. The HDD in question is an 8TB Seagate Barracuda, one of several largeish HDD's in my rig. My former mobo was giving me...
  3. HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...

in Windows 10 Support
    HDD Not recognized on one pc, is on my older pc. Even formatted...: Hello all. This is driving me absolutely crazy. My main rig, running Windows 10 Pro x64, 20H2, Asus Prime Z590-A mobo, 10700K cpu. This is a recent upgrade. The HDD in question is an 8TB Seagate Barracuda, one of several largeish HDD's in my rig. My former mobo was giving me...
  4. Systems Image on External HDD not seen by PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Systems Image on External HDD not seen by PC: I have created a systems image on an external HDD using the old Windows 7 Backup/ Restore Setting which still exists in Windows 10. However when trying to restore the image from the PC itself, the restore settings cannot find the WindowsSystemsImage Folder on the external...
  5. Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD

Recover Data on Not Initialised external HDD: I replaced the the PCB on a Toshiba 1TB External HDD as the USB connection dislodged, paying careful attention to the part details: https://www.hddzone.com/mq01ubd100-toshiba-pcb-g3448a-p-3446.html. There is about 300GB of data on the disk and was working perfactley....
  6. upgrading from HDD to SSD on older computer

upgrading from HDD to SSD on older computer: The computer uses a Gigabyte GA-EP45-UDL3 mobo . OS is Windows 10. Very comprehensive Legacy Bios . Bios has capability of using ACHI but currently in IDE mode . The HDD is 500GB and MBR Main drive has only 3 partitions , System, C Drive for OS and programs . D drive for...
  7. HDD "Not Initialised"

HDD "Not Initialised": About a month or so ago I upgraded my Windows 7 machine to a Windows 10 machine. The only components from my old machine are my sound card and a couple of the HDDs (formerly C: and E:, but which I've been using as D: and E*Smile. This morning I noticed the sound of unusual...
  8. Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Apps from 2nd HDD missing from start menu: Hi, I recently upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I noticed some programs were missing from the start menu. Upon further investigation it seems only the programs from my SSD are in the start menu, anything I installed to my second drive is absent from the start menu....
  9. HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.

HDD Showing Up In 1st PC but not 2nd PC.: Hi! In my PC I have a 3TB Seagate Barracuda HDD. Recently, the drive has been stopping showing up in Windows, and it's normally fixed by unplugging all drives, rebooting, plugging the drives back in and then turning it on again. Today, the drive has not shown up at all, even...
  10. hdd not seen

hdd not seen: I am trying to load win 10 but when I get to the screen "where do you want to install windows" the message "we couldn't find any drives........." and only the "refresh and load driver" buttons are enabled. The load driver button points in the direction of the installation...