Windows 10: 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

Discus and support 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I've got two different background images for my two monitors, and every few days or so, the 2nd monitor will get its image changed to the same image as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Jan 26, 2021.

1. 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

I've got two different background images for my two monitors, and every few days or so, the 2nd monitor will get its image changed to the same image as the first monitor. No idea what causes this.

I've got the "Choose a fit" set to "Fill", if that helps.

submitted by /u/NostalgiaSchmaltz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/NostalgiaSchmaltz, Jan 26, 2021

2. How can I change the background image individually to 6 monitors in Windows 10.

Hi,

The option to customize desktop background for multiple display on Windows 10 is hidden on the modern interface of the display settings. To open the old interface to customize your desktop background, follow these steps:

• Press Windows + R key to open the run command window.
    • Type or copy and paste the command below to open the old Desktop Background
      interface window:

control /name Microsoft.Personalization /page pageWallpaper
    • Under the Choose your desktop background option, right-click on the image that you wish to set on the desired monitor.
    • Select the Set for monitor 1 to set it on your 1st display.
    • Repeat the steps to set your background for other monitors.

Let us know should you need further assistance.

Darwin Dim, Jan 26, 2021
  3. changing the background images

Hi,

In order to help you better, could you please confirm a couple of things.

• Have you made any changes on the computer prior to the issue?
    • Are you referring to desktop background image or lock screen image?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the background picture and check if it helps.

• In the search type as ‘Settings’ and click on it.
    • Select ‘Personalization’, under ‘Background’ option select as ‘Picture’.
    • Under ‘Choose your picture’ select any picture accordingly or you can browse the picture from your computer.

You may refer to the below link and check if it helps.

Change desktop background and colors

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Jan 26, 2021
  4. 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

Multiple Monitor backgrounds

Hi,

Earlier today I encountered an issue.

I had 2 different backgrounds set for my 2 monitors. I went to change 1 of them to an 8k image and I assume windows didn't like that as it changed both backgrounds to a solid black colour then froze the settings window. I couldn't click anything. I did a computer
    restart and then went back to change my backgrounds where I found I could change it from solid colour to picture however, I could only set 1 image and it would be on both monitors rather than set 1 for 1 monitor and set another for the other monitor. Please
    can i get some help.

Windows build 2004

OS build 19041.388

GotchaNexus, Jan 26, 2021
Thema:

2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background

1. 2nd monitor background image keeps changing back to the 1st monitor's background - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor background

2. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  3. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution: my first monitor is a 2560x1440p monitor and 2nd is 1920x1080 but the 1440p one is being capped at 1080 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/1st-monitor-is-being-capped-by-2nd-monitors/f1763ad4-4ebb-48ce-b151-d47fe60f7333
  4. 1st monitor is being capped by 2nd monitors resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  6. My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds

My 2nd desktop keeps changing backgrounds: Hi,So Windows 11 has the feature to add desktops right?So I have two desktops, 1 for work and 1 for play. I set each set two different backgrounds to distinguish.But whenever I switch between desktops, the background for my play desktop keeps changing to my work desktop...
  7. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  8. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors: I am currently unable to set different images as backgrounds on my different monitors. This is what I see when I try to do so:I have tried using methods I found in other threads to fix this problem. I have tried switching to duplicate display and back to extend as well as...
  9. Different images as backgrounds on different Monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. Background Images keeps changing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background Images keeps changing: How do I keep the background from changing periodically? Thanks 121373