Windows 10: 2nd monitor crashing PC

Discus and support 2nd monitor crashing PC in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by ChrisPbass, May 4, 2021.

1. 2nd monitor crashing PC

Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything updated. finally i unplugged the 2nd monitor and no crashes... 1060 GTX 3gb. I started having problems 3 or 4 weeks ago when I pulled a HDMI cord to use it elsewhere. Plugged the 2nd monitor's HDMI back in the next day and just tons of crashes and freezes. After 15 reboots everything stabilized, 'til yesterday. Freezes after reboots seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes 2 seconds into windows, sometimes 3 or 4 minutes. Pulled the 2nd HDMI and it's been up for an hour or so. One monitor is DVI and the other is HDMI.

:)

ChrisPbass, May 4, 2021

2. 2nd monitor crashing PC

Recently, for no reason, started getting freezes and crashes. Freezing all day out of nowhere..."no reason" at all. Nothing different. everything updated. finally i unplugged the 2nd monitor and no crashes...
    1060 GTX 3gb.

I started having problems 3 or 4 weeks ago when I pulled a HDMI cord to use it elsewhere. Plugged the 2nd monitor's HDMI back in the next day and just tons of crashes and freezes. After 15 reboots everything stabilized, 'til yesterday. Freezes after reboots seemingly out of nowhere. Sometimes 2 seconds into windows, sometimes 3 or 4 minutes. Pulled the 2nd HDMI and it's been up for an hour or so.
    One monitor is DVI and the other is HDMI.

ChrisPbass, May 4, 2021
  3. Ghot Win User
    2nd monitor crashing PC

If possible, try a different connector on the GTX 1060. Leave the DVI as it is, try some other connector for the 2nd monitor.
    Without the exact make/model of your GTX 1060, I don't know what connectors it has, so I can only say: "try a different one".

Also, if possible, try a different HDMI cable.

Ghot, May 4, 2021
  4. JD Meyer Win User

2nd monitor crashing PC

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, May 4, 2021
Thema:

2nd monitor crashing PC

1. 2nd monitor crashing PC - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor crashing

2. PC won’t detect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC won’t detect 2nd monitor: I am running Windows 10. Primary monitor works without issue using HDMI. Machine won’t detect 2nd monitor with DP daisy chain. Yes - - checked cables/power- tested second monitor - updated AMD driver - used force detect and display setting troubleshooting Help?...
  3. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  4. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  5. 2nd monitor

2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  6. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  7. Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dual Monitor PC Crashes When Moving Window to 2nd Monitor: I have an ultrawide main monitor and a second 16:9 monitor, and I often split my main monitor to have 2 programs open using windows key + arrow keys, but if I accidentally hit the shortcut a second time so the window moves to my second monitor, windows crashes and my PC has...
  8. Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Adding 2nd Monitor is causing PC to crash: I recently added a new monitor to my gaming PC set up, and now it occasionally will crash the entire PC. Could this be a power supply issue or something else?...
  9. PC can't detect 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't detect 2nd Monitor: My PC has two hdmi ports. I am trying to setup a TV as a second monitor. I have a samsung monitor connected to my pc via hdmi. everything works. I connect my tv to the pc via the second hdmi port but my pc does not detect it all. I have looked everywhere and done pretty much...
  10. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...