Windows 10: 2nd monitor display issue

Discus and support 2nd monitor display issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JerryKessloff, May 2, 2019.

1. 2nd monitor display issue

I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate.

:)

JerryKessloff, May 2, 2019

2. 2nd display monitor

Hello, my name is Brad, I'm an Independent Advisor and I wanted to add to my colleagues' efforts.

Below is a link to a walk-through that will show you each step to enabling the 2nd monitor.

On the walkthrough, if you click the button that says "Open Display Settings" and says "Ok" to the prompt, the Display Control panel will be opened on your computer for you. Not worry, this page is hosted by a different part of Microsoft so it's perfectly safe.

Link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-hk/help/434033...

Omoikane1122, May 2, 2019
  3. JD Meyer Win User
    Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, May 2, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

2nd monitor display issue

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The error message Out of Range usually occurs when the video card feeds the monitor, a signal stream in excess from what the monitor can handle.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works for you:

• Boot the computer in
      Safe Mode
      , and right click on the Desktop.
    • Select Display Properties and choose a lower resolution.
    • Reboot the machine and check if it works.
    • If the issue persists, boot the computer again in
      Safe Mode
      , and go to Display Properties.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings, and choose
      Display Adapter properties.
    • Under Monitor tab, choose
      60 Hz
      as the Screen Refresh rate.
    • Apply the changes, boot the PC in normal mode to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, May 2, 2019
Thema:

2nd monitor display issue

1. 2nd monitor display issue - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor display

2. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  3. 2nd monitor displaying but not being detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor displaying but not being detected: I have Windows 11 and have just installed a 2nd monitor. It is displaying the taskbar and wallpaper, but isn't being detected. AMD Radeon graphics, have checked for latest drivers for graphics and for both monitors, all up to date. Have also checked for updates and there was...
  4. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  5. 2nd Display issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Display issue: I am trying to connect HDMI 2nd display with my laptop but it is only working with 800*600 resolution with a 56 refresh rate. Other resolutions are not working. Drivers, OS Reset, tried but didn't work....
  6. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  7. 2nd monitor not displaying?

in Windows 10 Support
    2nd monitor not displaying?: Windows 10 home fully up to date, 32 gig of ram 6 cores Wasn't sure where to post this problem as it could be caused by a number of things? Anyway, I use a dual monitor display connected to a Nvidia Geforce GTX 1650 super graphics card, the card is only 2 months old and...
  8. 2nd Monitor "zoom" issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor "zoom" issues: Hey there I just got a monitor for Christmas but now my old monitor (now the 2nd monitor) display/resolution is zoomed in the primary monitor is fine but once something is displayed on the 2nd monitor it becomes zoomed in. Does anyone know how to fix this? By the way, the...
  9. 2nd Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd Monitor issue: I have a surface Pro 7 and I just installed a 2nd monitor (2 external monitors) that I use when the laptop is closed. When the computer goes to sleep and I attempt to wake it up, only one of the monitors wakes. What do I need to do to get both monitors to wake successfully?...
  10. 2nd display monitor

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    2nd display monitor: how do a separate display monitor https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-display-monitor/09d4b72e-1bb8-4645-8a67-76c0240bbd03"