Windows 10: 2nd monitor is greyed out

Discus and support 2nd monitor is greyed out in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jayton_123, Jan 4, 2021.

1. 2nd monitor is greyed out

Hello, I recently got a new 2nd monitor. Windows detects the monitor, as I can move my mouse to it, but nothing will display on the monitor, just a grey screen. I've tried a HDMI, DP cable, everything. I tried to use another monitor with my video card and the monitor worked fine. My only conclusion now is that the monitor is broken, which I hope isn't the case. I've also searched the internet far and wide and can't find anything. All my drivers are updated. It's an Acer model too. Is there any tips or tricks before I replace it?

:)

Jayton_123, Jan 4, 2021
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Jan 4, 2021
  3. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Jan 4, 2021
  4. 2nd monitor is greyed out

2nd Monitor

Hi

Thank you for helping me. When it is on duplicated both monitors have same resolution, however, the 2nd monitor the text is unreadable and screen blurred. If on extended my default monitor is fine but the 2nd monitor goes off and my laptop screen comes on.
    I wish to have both default and second monitor displaying at the same time. As it is the 2nd monitor drop down resolution is showing 800x600 and is faded out and unable to change it.

JohnMcNaughton1, Jan 4, 2021
Thema:

2nd monitor is greyed out

1. 2nd monitor is greyed out - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor greyed

2. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  3. How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to zoom out on 2nd monitor?: I found another thread for this, but none of the solutions work. changing the scale ONLY affect my Laptop screen. Aspect setting on the monitor are greyed out on ALL modes, so i cannot even change them if i wanted to. It works like normal on 2nd screen only and duplicate...
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  5. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  6. resolution greyed out on 2nd screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    resolution greyed out on 2nd screen: hello recently i set windows back to its factory settings. but now my screen have a resolution of 480x640 and its greyed out, i cant change it. before that everything worked just fine.... i m runnin' a rx 5700xt amd the screen i m talking about is a old samsung with...
  7. Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Monitorbugging out after adding 2nd monitor: I am working on an HP z820 workstation with an NVidia K4000 blower card and 2 black Magic cards. Whenever i plug in the second monitor it goes crazy and for some reason adds A 3rd monitory and makes it the main one so whenever i try to open Ctrl panel and try to make my main...
  8. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. 2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor "out of range" windows 10: I recently connected an older monitor to my laptop using a HDMI to VGA Adapter. At first all worked fine. Now I am getting Out of Range on 2nd monitor screen. I have read many posts but most of he posts are several years old. Will purchasing a new HDMI monitor solve the...
  10. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...