Windows 10: 2nd Monitor issue

Discus and support 2nd Monitor issue in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a surface Pro 7 and I just installed a 2nd monitor (2 external monitors) that I use when the laptop is closed. When the computer goes to sleep... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by MelissaInman, Dec 7, 2019.

1. 2nd Monitor issue

I have a surface Pro 7 and I just installed a 2nd monitor (2 external monitors) that I use when the laptop is closed. When the computer goes to sleep and I attempt to wake it up, only one of the monitors wakes. What do I need to do to get both monitors to wake successfully?

:)

MelissaInman, Dec 7, 2019
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

The error message Out of Range usually occurs when the video card feeds the monitor, a signal stream in excess from what the monitor can handle.

I suggest you to try the steps listed below and see if it works for you:

• Boot the computer in
      Safe Mode
      , and right click on the Desktop.
    • Select Display Properties and choose a lower resolution.
    • Reboot the machine and check if it works.
    • If the issue persists, boot the computer again in
      Safe Mode
      , and go to Display Properties.
    • Click on Advanced Display Settings, and choose
      Display Adapter properties.
    • Under Monitor tab, choose
      60 Hz
      as the Screen Refresh rate.
    • Apply the changes, boot the PC in normal mode to see if it works.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 7, 2019
  3. 2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Dec 7, 2019
  4. JD Meyer Win User

2nd Monitor issue

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Dec 7, 2019
Thema:

2nd Monitor issue

1. 2nd Monitor issue - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor issue

2. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd Monitor: Hello Everyone!!I was wondering if someone can help!! I have 2 monitors and both of the are showing the exact same thing. When I go into settings and see if it can detect another screen it doesn't detect one. I have looked online and tried to find all possible ways to help me...
  3. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: Im trying to connect my second display but it looks the same with the first one. I dont know much about the computer please assist me on this. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/9b57fa9a-4db5-41aa-b580-0905f559fca1
  4. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor: I just setup my new monitor connected via HDMI however it is still not detected. I already updated the driver its just shows the same image on my screen. I tried to restart and loop the process and still the same. Please help me set up my second monitor....
  5. 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor: I changed the monitor. After plugging the new monitor in, windows is detecting two monitors instead of one. What is wrong with this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor/04d9385e-f70b-4c8c-8a52-ca6b95adef84
  6. 2nd Monitor "zoom" issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor "zoom" issues: Hey there I just got a monitor for Christmas but now my old monitor (now the 2nd monitor) display/resolution is zoomed in the primary monitor is fine but once something is displayed on the 2nd monitor it becomes zoomed in. Does anyone know how to fix this? By the way, the...
  7. 2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.: trying to connect 2nd monitor. Windows detects but monitor just says, "no data" and stays in blue screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-issues-cant-connect/007a116e-5909-44d5-af3a-3177f884807f
  8. 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd Monitor: [ATTACH] I’m running Window 10. I have just connected a 2nd monitor. My default monitor is Eizo CS2420 resolution and needs to remain 1900x1200. My 2nd monitor Dell U2412M is duplicating my default monitor however, the screen and icons are far too big and need to change the...
  9. 2nd monitor display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor display issue: I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate....
  10. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. default monitor issue