Windows 10: 2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.

Discus and support 2nd monitor issues. Can't connect. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; trying to connect 2nd monitor. Windows detects but monitor just says, "no data" and stays in blue screen.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by gberoukas, Apr 2, 2020.

1. gberoukas Win User

2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.

trying to connect 2nd monitor. Windows detects but monitor just says, "no data" and stays in blue screen.

:)

gberoukas, Apr 2, 2020

2. i have a problem to connect 2 monitors.

Hi Ron,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• What changes did you make in the BIOS? As making the changes in the BIOS is only recommended by Microsoft if done by the manufacturer.
    • How are you connecting to the 2nd monitor?
    I suggest you to follow the steps from this article below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/how-connect-multiple-monitors

[Applies to Windows 10 as well]

Regards.

SujataMoktan, Apr 2, 2020
  3. 2nd monitor is on but won't connect to laptop

2nd monitor is on but won't connect to laptop like is has been before the update. I need help to make it work.

Original title: 2nd monitor

MelonieBlanks, Apr 2, 2020
  4. 2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.

Dell XPS 15.6 Monitor issues

Hi,

Monitors may not work as expected if the driver is not up-to-date. With this said, we suggest that you check if you have the latest drivers installed. In addition, we would like to ask some questions that may help us to isolate the issue.

• Does the external monitor work with your laptop before?
    • Have you tried to connect the external monitor to your desktop?
    • When did the issue start?
    • Were there any changes made to your computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    We're looking forward to your response.

Katrina Men, Apr 2, 2020
Thema:

2nd monitor issues. Can't connect.

1. 2nd monitor issues. Can't connect. - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor issues

2. 2nd Monitor "zoom" issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2nd Monitor "zoom" issues: Hey there I just got a monitor for Christmas but now my old monitor (now the 2nd monitor) display/resolution is zoomed in the primary monitor is fine but once something is displayed on the 2nd monitor it becomes zoomed in. Does anyone know how to fix this? By the way, the...
  3. PC can't detect 2nd Monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC can't detect 2nd Monitor: My PC has two hdmi ports. I am trying to setup a TV as a second monitor. I have a samsung monitor connected to my pc via hdmi. everything works. I connect my tv to the pc via the second hdmi port but my pc does not detect it all. I have looked everywhere and done pretty much...
  4. 2nd Monitor issue

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    2nd Monitor issue: I have a surface Pro 7 and I just installed a 2nd monitor (2 external monitors) that I use when the laptop is closed. When the computer goes to sleep and I attempt to wake it up, only one of the monitors wakes. What do I need to do to get both monitors to wake successfully?...
  5. 2nd monitor display issue

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor display issue: I just recently updated Windows 10 and am unable to use my second monitor connected via an HDMI cable. This was working fine prior to the upgrade. I can use the PC only mode or the Second screen only mode, but not extend or duplicate....
  6. Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range"

Dual monitor issue - 2nd monitor "out of range": I’m trying to do a dual monitor setup for my PC using a 4K TV and a 720p monitor (at least I think it’s a 720p). The Operating System is Windows 10 Pro. The graphics card being used is an Asus Nvidia GT 710 2Gb (bought just days ago). The connection for the main monitor...
  7. configure Win10 to connect 2nd monitor

configure Win10 to connect 2nd monitor: I'm just switching from Win10 on an HP laptop to Win10 on a Surface Book2. In Display settings I can see that Win10 sees my HDMI connected monitor, but it doesn't send any signal to the monitor. And the monitor reports no signal received. The monitor is also shown on my...
  8. connect 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    connect 2nd monitor: Windows identifies a second monitor but won't let me do anything with it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connect-2nd-monitor/34365aac-14e3-4141-81c3-9a6ca74560ec
  9. I need to connect to a 2nd monitor

I need to connect to a 2nd monitor: I have an HP laptop, and one monitor is also HP, but I want to connect to a SANSUI monitor...how do I do that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/i-need-to-connect-to-a-2nd-monitor/17eecfc9-409e-49d2-b1e9-738295fd9846
  10. BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after connecting 2nd monitor: I have had the same error (DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION) popping up for over a month. I have had a tech out 3 times changing the video card, PSU, fan, motherboard, and memory, have been on the phone with Microsoft techs multiple times as well. I have checked the drivers with driver...