Windows 10: 2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition

Discus and support 2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; After installing Release 1909 Windows 10 Enterprise addition, my second monitor is no longer displayed. The bios, graphics and chipset drivers were... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by WISHITWOULDWORK, Sep 29, 2020.

1. 2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition

After installing Release 1909 Windows 10 Enterprise addition, my second monitor is no longer displayed. The bios, graphics and chipset drivers were installed on my computer which caused 1 of the 2 monitors to work. Cable connections and all the usually powering on and off and restarting was also tried. Any idea on how to fix this?

:)

WISHITWOULDWORK, Sep 29, 2020

2. Windows 10 Creators Edition not recognizing 2nd monitor

A few days ago my Dell PC was updated with Windows 10 Creator's Edition (or a similar name.) After installation it did NOT recognize my 2nd Dell monitor. I restarted with the same result and went to dell.com. My 2nd monitor dates back to 2009 and is so old
    they cannot help me--despite the fact that it worked great until the Windows update. Although there are two numbers on the back of it, neither is a model number or anything resembling that.

So, I looked around here. I did the following (which I copied without saving the location):

I suggest you to run
    theHardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.

• Select Troubleshooting.

• Select View all on the top left corner.

• Click on Hardware and Devices.

• Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    6. Check if issue persists.

After restarting, I discovered the following message in my notification box:
    Display driver failed to start...

using Microsoft Basic Display Drivers instead. Check Windows update for a new display driver.

Windows Update reported the newest driver is already installed. I restarted and tried again but no change.

Now I don't know what to do. My system: Dell PC, quad core, 8MG RAM, big hard drive and 1GB OneDrive, Windows 10.

Got suggestions? 2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition :)

Peggy

** Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup **

Peggy Herrington, Sep 29, 2020
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    1909 Release date

Hi Moatassem

While there is no official release date, it is expected that version 1909, will be released approx. on Patch Tuesday in October (2nd Tuesday of October)

If you are already running, that will be downloaded automatically as a cumulative update to version 1903, rather than as a full Feature Update . . .

Otherwise, the release of 1909 will be similar to the 1903 release, it will be a stepped release to compatible devices first . . .etc.

DaveM121, Sep 29, 2020
  4. KK2379 Win User

2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition

Windows 10 will not recognize 2nd Monitor after upgrade.

After upgrading to Windows 10, my 2nd monitor is no longer recognized.

Monitor is Acer and laptop is Asus. Monitor is connected to docking station as VGA port will not connect directly to laptop.

Have tried updating drivers and device manager will not detect my monitor either.

What's the fix?

KK2379, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition

1. 2nd Monitor no longer works after upgrade to Release 1909 Microsoft Windows 10 Edition - Similar Threads - 2nd Monitor longer

2. Why is my 2nd monitor no longer working?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why is my 2nd monitor no longer working?!: All I did was unplug my 2nd monitor for a second. Windows no longer recognises it. In fact it thinks my Dell monitor is just a generic pnp monitor whereas before it listed the name. The graphics card seems to work, the cables work, the monitors are on. So why does it no...
  3. Why is my 2nd monitor no longer working?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why is my 2nd monitor no longer working?!: All I did was unplug my 2nd monitor for a second. Windows no longer recognises it. In fact it thinks my Dell monitor is just a generic pnp monitor whereas before it listed the name. The graphics card seems to work, the cables work, the monitors are on. So why does it no...
  4. Why is my 2nd monitor no longer working?!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  6. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  7. 2nd monitor not working

2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  8. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...
  9. 2nd monitor not working.

2nd monitor not working.: Hello, there! So, recently I got a 2nd monitor. Today I decided to set it up and all went as planned! My monitor turned on and went to my other monitors screen. Although, I cannot get it off my other monitors screen. They do the exact same thing and the 2nd one is...
  10. BSOD after upgrade to 1909 release of Win10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD after upgrade to 1909 release of Win10: Hi, after have made the last windows upgrade (1909), My PC with Windows10pro stopped to work with BSOD. I buyed EasyRE software but, after have run it, I still have the BSOD screen with this error message: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart. You can restart."...