Windows 10: 2nd monitor not working.

Discus and support 2nd monitor not working. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, there! So, recently I got a 2nd monitor. Today I decided to set it up and all went as planned! My monitor turned on and went to my other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by p_047, Dec 26, 2020.

1. p_047 Win User

2nd monitor not working.

Hello, there!

So, recently I got a 2nd monitor.

Today I decided to set it up and all went as planned! My monitor turned on and went to my other monitors screen. Although, I cannot get it off my other monitors screen. They do the exact same thing and the 2nd one is practically useless. I have tried setting up my 2nd monitor in settings and it only detects one of my monitors.

Photo: https://prnt.sc/wakdjj

I do think I know the problem, although I'm not too sure:

My pc doesn't have 2 HDMI ports, so I had to buy a USB to HDMI port so I can plug in 2 HDMI's. Maybe this is why Windows isn't detecting my 2nd monitor?

I have tried updating my drivers, they're all up to date.

Please help me,

Thank You.

:)

p_047, Dec 26, 2020
  2. JD Meyer Win User

Color Display on 2nd monitor

I am using Windows 10 on a Dell laptop with a 2nd monitor which has been working fine. For some unknown reason I have suddenly lost the full color range on the 2nd monitor. I don't know if I have changed some setting by accident or what. I have tried
    resetting the defaults but that didn't change anything on the 2nd monitor. The primary screen on the laptop continues to work fine. Any suggestions what needs to be done to restore the full color range on monitor #2?

JD Meyer, Dec 26, 2020
  3. Riel Alc Win User
    2nd monitor not working

Hi Michael,

One possible reason why your 2nd monitor is not working is graphics driver issue. For further assistance with this, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to the computer prior to this issue (e.g. Windows updates)?
    • What is the make and model of your graphics card?

In the meantime, you may check this article how to update your graphics card.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Dec 26, 2020
  4. 2nd monitor not working.

2nd Monitor suddenly not working

Hi Michael,

If you recently updated from one version of Windows to another, it's possible that the current driver is for the previous version of Windows. For us to troubleshoot your monitor issue, we suggest performing these steps:

• Run the troubleshooter for devices and hardware. The troubleshooter will perform a diagnostic process on your system that will check and resolve issues related to
      using your device.
    • Update your monitor and display driver. To update a driver, refer to this
      link
      . If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you can try checking for one on your device manufacturer's website.

Get back to us with the result.

Lov Dollente, Dec 26, 2020
Thema:

2nd monitor not working.

1. 2nd monitor not working. - Similar Threads - 2nd monitor working

2. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  3. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    2nd monitor not working: i got a second monitor and it was working fine for a while until i changed the refresh rate on one and now when i try to click extend these displays it doesn't work and only the one monitor stays on. the other monitor is still connected if i put it on only show on 2 the other...
  4. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  5. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: My second monitor is not working. The power is lit but it stays in black screen. It works yesterday without any problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2nd-monitor-not-working/b75b9113-4c9f-404d-9f9b-fc5453a01957
  6. 2nd monitor not working

7. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  8. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    2nd monitor not working: So i recently bought my 2nd monitor and i tried to plug thr hfmi in my pc but it was just black screen then i switched my 1st monitor hdmi to the place where my 2nd monitor hdmi was and it was again just black screen. is my hdmi ports brocken or do i have to update drivers or...
  9. 2nd monitor not working

2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...
  10. 2nd monitor not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2nd monitor not working: same problem as this one: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-change-color-profile-for-display-no-2/36bc39e4-20ad-45d1-a4a8-36593d4499e9but i cant find the driver for my monitor to download on dell website2nd monitor is U2212HMcplease help...